Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]  (Read 21445 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Between the Rivers: Gods Adrift [IC]
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2019, 08:36:11 am »

Turning Point
Hmm.. Should I stay or go. Stay, go, stay, go... Going has it's advantages, I can see a lot of new stuff. While Staying will give me more power.. Ah, if only there was a way to do both. Some sort of projection to allow travel to far off locals.

.... Hmm. that dream I had was a bit scary. But maybe there is a way? Ah, but the amount of Power it would take is huge though.

"The dream of pink petals calls. And Tala.. Ehhehe"
Action 1: Movement
Spoiler: 8 Tiles movement. (click to show/hide)

"Right, this place will do for now. I'm right on the edge, ready to drop the Bow. Speaking of."

Bow of Center Winds effect activated. Recall to Fu!
The Bow of Center Winds wisps along to Fu from it's place in Anka, following the thread placed in it during it's creation.

"Now I just need to wait for Tala. We should be able to form her here, since I'm in range of her. Just need to contribute the CP for it, and we'll have our Avatar of Law & Order.."
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 03:30:01 pm by TricMagic »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2019, 05:53:44 pm »

Basderieen Looks to the North east, where in the distance he can feel the bloodline of Occhio D'intesa- and there within a temple of Basderieen he sends his powers, in the night changing a skittering rat into a monster- a twisted idol [3CP]
Looking almost straight north, he sends a Gift to the bloodline of Allwissendes Auge, An Artifact that will serve its owner well forms in the air and plunges into the ground... [6DP]
Finally looking around himself (to the north east of where he began the previous cycle) he raises the lands up, Changing the world for his own goals. [1CP]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 06:41:49 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2019, 07:39:03 pm »

The winds in Anka fall silent.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2019, 07:48:15 pm »

(for the record, they do not)

"Ninsar. It seems there has been a change of plans. Gladius Vaginae, the sheath I created to judge others, has seen into the nature of Occhio D'intesa as one who uses others as tools. Cunning and faith are only useful if it does not harm your people. Speak with the Shamans and Lugal immediately and see Gladius Vaginae removed from the Blue People. And if you've improved your own spiritual abilities, heal the Sheath of being in that man's hold. It seems it has been manipulated to lose it's will."

Ninsar did so. As a result, there has been a crisis at court. The lugal, not wishing to offend Fu, has requested that his vizier give in to Ninsar's demand. At the same time, he has assured his vizier, Samu, that this does not at all endanger his position and that he and his people are very much welcome in the court and in Anka. However, the public reprimanding by the Miko of Water, and with the authority of Fu herself, has bolstered the influence of the factions against the vizier. Despite the lugal's continued support, Samu has become most fearful of a palace coup. In response, he has made copious use of his Third Eye to infer dangers to himself and his kin, as well as gathering support for himself in both the palace and the city.

Ninsar, for her part, has not at all interfered with the court intrigue and has returned to her traditional haunts. She is however, dumbfounded on how to heal the sheath with her own power over water.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 04:38:58 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2019, 11:04:46 am »

Fū & Tala finish their discussion, and begin work on an Avatar, with Fū supplying some of the power.

On the edge of her current location, Fū will be able to gift the Avatar the Bow of Center Winds.

Spoiler: Calculations (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: canceled actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 08:46:32 am by TricMagic »

Orange Juice Goose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2019, 08:32:20 pm »

Even a fool like Retain can learn quickly that the world is not a very safe place to be, and the best way to protect yourself from it would to become more powerful. Innately driven to seek worship by their nature as a god, they set into a plan of action to gain the support of the local mortal tribes.

Action 1: Mortal Interaction

Speaking to the mortals of the grasslands, Retain proclaims their presence, and purpose of pronouncement:  For those seeking contentment and safety, Retain will bring the strength and resolve to protect that which they care about. For those joyous and full of action, Retain brings the means to make merry and seek destiny through their watchful favor. For those struggling and full of strife, Retain brings purpose and clarity for those with the will to ask for it. Those who accept Retain's patronage and pay homage will have a chance in this cruel world to gain the merriness and passion to have a fulfilled life.

Furthermore, Retain explains the purpose of their gifts upon the mortals: a site to restore any lost spark of life, so as to give a second chance in all things, and a leader, but not a ruler, to guide the people of the land through hardship and toil.

Action 2: Minor Monument [4DP]

Retain seeking to reward faith, gifts the largest tribe receptive to their proclamation the site of one of the gifts near their locus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Action 3: Raise Disciple [1CP]

Of those mortals joyous and faithful, Retain chooses one both full of heart and drive, and with the will to use such strengths. This mortal is raised higher with a spark of Retain's power, and given new purpose.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:17:30 am by Orange Juice Goose »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2019, 09:01:27 pm »

Sarkyran awoke to a rather... neutral sight. Whilst his will had been obeyed in regarding the warrior lodges, events beyond his scope had far-reaching effects onto his domain and, whilst not catastrophic, was a disaster nonetheless. Furthermore, a few had sought to openly and brazenly defy (WIP)

Action One: (Beetle Modification) [2 CP] Seeing his people seemingly struggle with agriculture, and with no horses, Sarkyran hits upon an ingenious idea. By taking some of the beetles the Flint use to for food, he enlarges them, enabling them to carry and drag large loads to serve as effective draft creatures, along with slowing down their reproductive rate, lengthening their lifespan and ensuring they can operate on this new, enhanced size.

Action Two: [3 CP] Then, in order to expand his grasp upon Err, and bring new followers to his fold, Sarkyran endows one of his priests with championhood, A priest that is tolerant by flintish standards, possibly by the standards of foreigners too, that is devout in their belief, and has some skill in being a negotiator and peacemaker. To this, Sarkyran enhances their abilities with divine power, furthering their abilities and

Action Three: Secret Action [3 DP, 1 ESSENSE]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 02:27:26 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2019, 09:16:48 am »

Action 2: Wind faster

Honestly, Tala is so slow to decide. I mean, why use lightroot when you're making something from scratch? And to borrow power from Guar simply to bless? I learned my lesson on that type of blessing a long time ago now...

It's been so long, hasn't it. But it's only now I'm traveling farther out. My first Miko, I wonder why you died like that. Well, I'll have to make sure to prevent such later on, and with that in Ninsar's possession, she should be okay for now.

"Hmm? What's up with this area? It's nothing but desert, but... Is that a dry bed? Was there an oasis here once upon a time? So many cracks now though..."

Fu is pondering this discovery.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2019, 09:31:55 pm »

Metalhand spends altogether too much time talking to Tala, Guar, and Fu, and then realizes he has far less time than he thought.

"Damnit damnit damnit...

Stoneye! Before anything else: keep searching for the temple I told you to find! I can't take the time this cycle to search through Err, but follow the lead about badgers; I will try to look further into it when I next awaken. But also, remember, keep yourself safe. I don't want to have to replace you.
"

Metalhand then looked out upon the women of Durham, seeking one intelligent and knowledgeable in the manners of governance and management, one with aspirations and lofty ideals but not ambitions so great as to drive them to ignore Metalhand to serve only themselves if given power, one strong-willed, charismatic, and caring of their fellows. And upon them, he bestowed his power. (1CP)
And he speaks to his new Disciple:
"Arahunaa, I apologize greatly for how abrupt this must be, but there is much that needs to be done, and I have significantly less time to do it in than I was hoping I would. As I selected Zapharia before, I now choose you to lead Durham along the path I desire for it. You likely know that the Assembly and the Council both claim power and governance over Durham; while both have reason for authority, they must be balanced. As they stand now, their contradicting laws - which will likely only diverge further with time - set them poised to drag Durham apart into civil war. I charge you with the responsibility to fix this, to unite them in whatever manner you see fit.
For more short-term prospects, I also believe you should know that both Tala and Guar have it planned to bless the people in their capitals - Tala with charisma, Guar with intelligence and creativity. Both have invited the men and women of Durham, so let the people  know this, so they may benefit. Furthermore, Guar has expressed an interest in having some of Durham’s craftsmen venture to the lands of his people, that we may teach them artisanry. I believe that doing so would be advantageous for our influence within the region.
And in the long term... You may know that I chose not to grant Zapharia immortality, as I viewed it a terrible thing to do to someone. But you doubtlessly know, too, ***, left now without even his god. Immortality can be a terrible thing, but it is much worse alone. So I also charge you to be a companion to ***, and help to ease him.

I must go now - there is ever more work to be done - but know that I am looking after you.
"

Metalhand then spent 6 5 CP on a new set of tools...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:03:40 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2019, 03:31:14 pm »

Fu grew pensive in her pondering and waiting. Something wasn't right... Someone was ripping her name to do as they wished. She could feel her name being used, but couldn't tell where.

"Someone is doing something they shouldn't. Honestly, whatever happened to the days of everything being... Well, no, those days only existed in my first 100 years. since then it has been one problem after another."

... "Hua... Well, guess I'm used to it now. I just want to see the world, but things like this keep interrupting."
 Even Lily didn't last long. Something about the wind being trapped.

"Well. I am a bit tired of it. So.. I believe I'll leave it up to them and see what comes of it."

Great Spirits of the Desert Sands.
Ancient Spirits of the Lost Waters.
Fallen Spirits of Greenery and Earth.
Innumerable Spirits of the Wind.

I call to you all to answer my ORDER.
I call to you to receive my MAGIC.
And most of all, I call to the Four Winds and the Center Winds!

Answer My CALL, ONE and ALL!

Action 3: --------

Creation of the Natural Wonder: Center of the World

Quote from: Natural Wonder Creation
Natural Wonder Cost: 4 CP | 1 Essence | 4 DP
Name: Center of the World
Appearance: N/A- The sphere glows with power. Let all partake of it.
Purpose: This is the Gathering Place. The veil between the Spirit World and the Physical World is thin here. Powerful Spirits can manifest, communicate, and affect mortals and immortals in this place. It costs nothing to speak here to those who reside here. It costs nothing to turn your spiritual power against others here. It costs nothing to turn your physical power against others here.
And likewise, the surrounding area(hexes) also are affected by this Nexus. This is Fū's work. Her power runs thick in the leylines created from her own power, tapped to the very nature of the world, twisting it, weakening the veil. And as such, she has power here, to those who make use of this place. Her word is law in this place. Those who partake of it are bound to it, and will never be able to harm Fū directly while partaking of it. And with that same power, can Fū shape the land(hexes) around this place to her nature, and those places partake of that same power. Her Creation, and Destruction. Both are at a Peak, and she can change it to her whim in this one moment. Spirits, I grant Power and Order and Magic.

"Hmm. Yes, this shall do."

Natural Wonder activating. Applying effects on creation, in this one moment.

Code: (Natural Wonder Building) [Select]
Central Area, Current Location, Natural Wonder: Pillars Rise, Ceiling form, Rain fall. Water create. Let this place be capped as the cornerstone. May the light of the sphere shine upon this shadowed Land.(Hex) the Earth steady, the sands shift to marble, stone, obsidian, gems, obelisks,. Take what forms you wish, oh spirits, and drink of this power. This shall be the kingdom. Humans, Mortals, whatever wishes may make this a home, and speak with you. Use your own judgment in creation and destruction, but let the ceiling and pillars stand firm, reaching to the heavens. And may the Sky listen, and make head, for this place shall stand so long as the sky does.

Side 1 of Natural Wonder, where the Ceiling meets the Skies: Ancient Spirits of Waters, I give to you the lands of the north. Spread to the lands beyond, oh Waters. To this, I create Lake and pathways. May the spirits of wood, air, and water, make peace with each other and claim this as your own. And may the water be your tribute to the Wonder within this place.(Center Hex-Side 1)

Side 2 of Natural Wonder, where the Ceiling meets the Skies: Here I grant the Earth their bounty. May Greenery be your calling and spread to the lands beyond. The Earth and Trees make peace here and beyond. Drink of this power and let bounty be your tribute to the Wonder within this place. (Center Hex-Side 2)

Side 3 of Natural Wonder, where the Ceiling meets the Skies: Of spirits of the earth and sky, I grant to you this place and the areas beyond. An ancient Abyss whose steps enter the darkness, water dripping, open spaces. The lands beyond I offer, so drink of this power. May the Collapse of the surface to the ancient abyss form the cornerstone of you domains, and freedom be the tribute to the Wonder within this place.(Center Hex-Side 3)

Side 4 of Natural Wonder, where the Ceiling meets the Skies: Oh light of the sun and moon, and sands of the ancient desert. Here I grant you the endless sands as your domain. Drink of the power and let light be the tribute you pay to the Wonder of this place. (Center Hex-Side 4)

Side 5 of Natural Wonder, where the Ceiling meets the Skies: Oh spirits of the wind, the storms, the skies. Drink of this power and make the lands beyond your own. The winds blow freely, the rain falls fiercely. Be as you wish, and spread your power. May protection be the tribute you pay the Wonder within this place.

Side 6 of Natural Wonder, where the Ceiling meets the Skies: Oh forgotten Fires slumbering. I offer to you this place. Drink of this power and become one with the earth, of lava and flame, magma and spirit. Take your forms as you will and spread to the lands beyond as you will it. May warmth be the tribute you pay to the Wonder within this place.

As the Natural Wonder forms it's true self, Fū falls to sleep within the sphere of power which makes the central point of this wonder. May all the power of a god, if weak, flow through this place..

... There is a good chance she will not wake quickly, having given shape to the newfound wonder's power.

"Fū... my name is Fū, not Fu...... Fū hehe.. zz.....zzzz"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 05:59:19 pm by TricMagic »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2019, 08:01:42 pm »

Guar has grown much over this era. He has seen that he knows less than he could have known he could know or could not know. Yet, now he must delve deep to introduce himself to a being most strange. Friend, foe, there is no way to know, yet Guar will prepare for the worst.

Accoutrements

Guar creates the Right Hand, and through some trading with Metalhand, gives them the power to make the Left Hand. Guar equips these before ingressing to meet the Crippled Moon.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:40:06 pm by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 08, 2019, 12:07:48 am »

Per Guar's request, Metalhand accepts 3 DP, 1CP, and 2E for the purposes of creating "The Left Hand of Guar the Spirit-Walker". 10 total power 6 total power + the use of Masterwork and The Maker's Tools.
The Left Hand is then given to Guar.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:34:06 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2019, 02:37:56 am »

Trade: Guar gives 3CP, I shove him 4DP.

Action 1: Champion!

Action 2: Blessing! (Major hex Blessing: Unity, and Strength in Unity)
Tala noticed the biggest issue being the crabs--but also the mainstream ideas of her people and Guar's people, the huge 'us vs them' within the threads, songs, lines, and actions of people that would otherwise cause them to remain divisive and divided against each other. Thus she mentioned them to gather, over time, in order to bless them all within (a hex), which spanned hundreds to thousands of people. People needed to be united to face what could overwhelm them, than be isolated--especially with the culture and the ideas being shared.

Action 3: INGRESS WITH GUAR! TO THE BLOOD MOON!
In these times, Guar asked for aid and mentioned things about the spirit planes. Tala agreed--she wanted to find more about what was going on and whether this sickly threat in spirit was actually what it as, or was a consequence of what had happened before given her own investigations.
. . .
Needless to say, it raised more questions than it had answered, and at the cost of some of Guar's own wounds.

Tala spoke to her champions to inform them of the great danger, while making known another of her wayward kin--Sarkyran--who claims to be the only "God" amongst all (which has tons of layers of deception and self-deception that she basically instructs against these, and hearkens into the dangers of idolatry and not to do so), due to her efforts in ingress.

Spoiler: Subsoul Orders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 04:50:46 am by Tiruin »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2019, 08:52:03 am »

"For matter marvellous of musty malign mammals, point poigantly to distant deserts dripping-not with naught."
"East of Durham."
The Shattered Statue laughed a horrid broken laughed filled with vicious glee and burning rage, echoing emptile across the non-sound of the riverplains stretching out around her[him?]. None could hear them, for to hear god is forbidden.

Gratitude for his[her] Avatar, the Roc swelled into an ocean of oil which was set alight by the flame of indignance that someone would dare trap them. Emotions fueled the laughter non-louder and ever more sinister, as the Shattered Statue dived angrily into one of the tributaries of the great river of Err and vanished, though the ripples of her[his?] passing would have portentous aftershocks.

Action 1: Create Powerful Monument, the Flood-Bell [12CP] | The ripples of the divine passing of a statue flowed down the river to distant lands, before suddenly exploding into a fury of sound and heat and poetry in motion, as a divine device of bronze assembled itself from empty air over an auspicious pond. It did not think, for it could not, but it spoke with the great thundering voice of its bronze tongue, and the rivers listened, perhaps.

The Flood-Bell is placed wherever in Ulkai is most suitable for it to control the flooding of all of Ulkai. Murdus is informed of the Flood-Bell's creation, its location, its functions and workings and the maintenance required for it.

Action 2: Teleport | The Shattered Statue dives into a river, but appears above a the petty oasis of the treacherous runaway elephant herd.

The Shattered Statue would like to examine his arrival point before taking further actions.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:01:37 am by Demonic Spoon »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 29, 2019, 04:00:34 am »

[I somehow, completely forgot about that]

The Shattered Statue finds himself surrounded by a small number of elephant-sized buildings, many elephants and a few humans rummaging about. The vegetation is mainly low-lying shrubbery and palms, though small gardens of carefully tended plants do exist. The people seem well-off and and healthy.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17