Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Glitch fortress succession game.  (Read 9458 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Glitch fortress succession game.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 01:46:20 am »

Due to some strange overlap of raws, the suit is made of his own intestines.
In that case, it's a great show of toughness, I'm so though I don't need intestines
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 02:17:40 am »

Perhaps to ensure 'stability' it'd be best to wrap up the whole folder and share that instead of the save itself.
Probably need to play on vanila DF, or some very trimmed-down version of the LNP with only one tileset and as few of the utilities as possible just to get it to fit through the 500MB limit of DFFD, especially if playing on a large world with long pregenerated history. That, and backups probably need to be turned off or provided separately.

Extra info, probably useless:
  • SDL Vanilla DF 0.44.12 takes up 13.3MB.
  • LNP 0.44.12-r05 takes up 207MB.
  • After some trimming, LNP 0.44.12-r05 takes up 115MB. This is with only Phoebus, Picturefort and Quickfort.
  • It turns out that 7-Zip at Ultra is really good at compressing DF, at the cost of ~2.2GB of RAM used during compression. Vanilla: 9.51MB, LNP: 153MB, Trimmed LNP: 31.6MB
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 03:14:05 am by methylatedspirit »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 02:48:16 am »

Due to some strange overlap of raws, the suit is made of his own intestines.
Which came from his beard, after it was accidentally shaved off by a +fire battleaxe+.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

5crownik007

• Bay Watcher
  • 5crownik007 cancels Homework, playing Dwarf Fort
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 04:38:50 am »

Sounds like !!SCIENCE!!.
You know what to do.
Do it.
You know you want to.
https://i.gyazo.com/a2e73b4fe5612640aacbe46cb4c78740.gif
The Soviet invasion of the Reich fort in arena. Soviets won despite... that.
---------------------------
GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 02:40:08 am »

So, are we gonna do this?

OK, I am gonna generate a world with the entry for plump helmet duplicated, and see what happens.  I will try to turn the FUN knobs to 11, just because.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 03:31:57 am by wierd »

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 05:56:21 am »

Keep it weird, wierd.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 06:18:57 am »

Extra helmet was not sufficient.  Has needed many whole raw files duplicated to get "good" results.  I think I have a good target world with lots of evil, lots of savagery, absurd world substances, and a nearly dead/dead civ.

I turned all the knobs to 11.  ALL THE KNOBS.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 06:21:02 am »

Good lord. How often does it crash in Fortress mode, though?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 11:24:19 am »

OK, I have been doing "trial run" experiments, trying to land on a "stable" configuration.  I have determined that layer stone duplication results in the "absurd materials" availability, but trying to do others, like creature duplication results in worlds that gen, but you cannot reliably embark.  Plant duplication results in "Grass" instead of having varieties of grass, or a lack of trees, and or-- impossible food stuffs (aka, you cannot grow food). 

As such, I have decided that duplicated layer stone raws is the winner I am gonna go with.  This isn't quite as exciting, because you don't get things like "nefarious ooze beer", but at least you can actually play the fortress, and it seems more or less able to run without crashing.

I have generated a world that is predominantly evil zones, with max megabeasts, max night creatures, max interaction types... you get the idea.  It should be uber FUN.

I will upload in a bit.  Give feedback. 

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14252

Spoiler: big but sexy world map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 11:41:10 am by wierd »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2019, 03:49:49 pm »

Wonnderful.

Now to come up with some lore for this mad world.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2019, 03:55:17 pm »

Ptw
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2019, 06:36:56 pm »

You somehow managed to generate a large world with 1050 years of history. I salute you. I'm now trying to embark somewhere reasonable and boring, just to figure this bizarre world out.
Edit: Execrable murk is now a rock, and it appears to weigh less than 1 Urist with negative density (-71534568kg/m3, according to DFhack).
There has have been 1 death 2 3 5 deaths, and 5/6 4/5 3/4 all of the dwarves are now unable to work, due to a giant alligator, which means that everyone's dehydrating to death. The only one capable of work insists on attending a meeting with the expedition leader.
It appears that the disaster has passed, and now there are only 2 5 dwarves in the fortress. I'm hoping that the hardcoded migrant waves bring enough to make up for that disaster.
Despite the fact I embarked in a relatively safe place, there are now undead giant ravens on the map. And now there are 3 dwarves left.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 08:06:10 pm by methylatedspirit »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2019, 12:28:29 am »

I warned you that I turned all the FUN knobs to 11....:D

that means "Get inside, DO IT NOW." is your #1 priority. Turtling is about the only way to survive early on.

*edit

It seems my zeal to turn *ALL THE KNOBS* to 11 has resulted in not just the extinction of dwarves, but also elves and humans. (I just panned over the whole map with the neighbors pane open. Only goblins!)   

EXPECT NO TRADE.   NONE.

This is very clearly a fallen world, populated exclusively by monsters, demons, and goblins.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 12:51:13 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7