Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: The Occult War ( WW2, with alternative twist.) Boot Camp  (Read 11301 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Occult War ( WW2, with alternative twist.) Boot Camp
« on: February 03, 2019, 12:02:40 am »

This is a rpg. Using the back drop of a fictional WW2 situation.

IC:

In the beginning of the conflict, the Germans had invested in studying the supernatural, which has aided them in the War Effort while Italy found texts of a long forgotten “art” that is dubbed “ Sacred Geometry.” And lastly the Japanese found the “
Body of a God” and had been doing, research.

But the Allies has their own secret weapon. The Phantom Brigade. Who engaged the super natural, for they themselves are super natural.

Character maker:

Stats: 0- Puny human to 30 ( Legendary Hero.)

Starting points: 40 ( because upgrades/leveling up is RARE in this game, and the maximum to improve is up to 3 at a time.) But Yeah reach 5 stat points, get a automatic safe success in actions of that stat. At 30 it’s 6. ( given 8 is highest Roll, that’s 3/4 auto successes, which is pretty darn good.)

Actual character making rules:

Name:
Nationality: (Axis origin means your in side Suicide Squad style, earn freedom or die.)

Stats:
Strength: Physical damage in melee, pick up and use things as improvised weapons, and carry weight for items.
Speed: How fast and how many moves you can do. Also multiple actions.
Constitution: Physical defense from Physical hits, how healthy and shrugging off poison and disease.
Wits: Mental speed, thinking up solutions on the spot and bonus die via improvised actions.
Will: Mental defense against fear, mind control and for some reason defense against “power” or super natural attacks.
Intelligence: This rates how many skills/talents or how good you are at them. Combat and utility aspects here.
Perception: How Sharp your senses are. Helps in not getting ambushed, and having perfect aim with ranged combat.
Power: Super Natural here. How useful/strong/ how many times can use in situation. Hell at level 8 and beyond can have the option to declare character not a human but a super natural “thing” ( got to work details in pm) and in this set up will look over said ability, as there are limits.

Well willing to help make characters before they go off to war.

Roll chart:
1: Ouch, Critical failure. Like so bad the effects last for a good while and can effect team.

2:  Major Failure: Only elects team member who rolled, sucks to be them though.

3: Minor Failure: It is fail, with inconvience ( like maybe lose next turn, but not as damaged as first two. Or even something to shake one up for a few turns, nothing that bad.))

4: Fail: You did not do command directly or bad luck, but only effects you this turn, missing a fun shot or getting briefly shoved for little bit of damage, not bad, really.

5: Success: You manages to get it done well.

6: Better Success: Now something to talk about, it makes life a little easier.

7: You done broke it: Major critical success, but in afermath a problem arises from it.

8: Golden Success: Absolute perfect roll. All good here.

Last note: Beforeveach mission in being in friendly vase/turf, can get gear for free depending on what’s around, in the field and in enemy turf, prepare to loot some bodies.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 05:26:58 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Occult War ( WW2, with alternative twist.)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 07:10:09 am »

I like the sound of this, I think I did this right.

Name: Harold Goldstine
Nationality: American

Stats:
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Constitution: 6
Wits: 4
Will: 5
Intelligence: 5
Perception: 5
Power: 2
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 04:26:47 pm »

You did do math right. Though a background story would be interesting too. Can be worked out before plot. The action starts off in a North Africa, and it’s not a complete repeat of WW2. Just key things happen. Though other things also happen.

Your stats go as follows.

Strength: Can be a human pack mule, wield biggest weapons with ease, kill puny mortal men with your fists.

Speed: Fast, not super human fast yet but capable of reading eye movement so likely aim dodge.

Constitution: Tpugh to hurt, can be hurt, need less medical/ration care. Just tough in general.

Wits: Hard time deciding when to make the first move, as planning things out takes effort.

Will: You can survive a magic missile or two.

Intelligence: In this game each level Red presents a skill really, so can do 5 jobs.

Perception: As good as a human gets. Without going over board.

Power: Okay either a stat boost/morph that lasts two turns, a power attack that can be done once every six turns, heal tiny amount of hp to ally should you go that route. Trying my best not to make pre existing lists so players experiment this stuff.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 04:40:05 pm »

Name:  Ethan Picart
Nationality: French

Stats:
Strength: 8
Speed: 5
Constitution: 8
Wits: 2
Will: 4
Intelligence: 2
Perception: 4
Power: 8

Is this good? I was thinking this character is a werewolf, fighting the Nazis out of revenge for their occupation of his homeland.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 04:57:35 pm »

Name: Tamashī Yume
Nationality: Japanese

Stats:
Strength: 1
Speed: 8
Constitution: 3
Wits: 3
Will: 8
Intelligence: 6
Perception: 3
Power: 8

A completely normal human. Well, at least when her own dreams don't come to haunt others. Or when people get sucked into a mirror world, or disappear into thin air. "Hey, I'm perfectly normal!" Sure, and people always understanding you in their own language? "Aaa.. Shut up idiot.."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 05:38:12 pm »

Name: Santtu Vanhanen
Nationality: Finnish

Stats:
Strength: 3
Speed: 4
Constitution: 3
Wits:5
Will: 6
Intelligence: 5
Perception: 7
Power: 7

Will do a backstory tomorrow, to sleepy right now.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 10:16:15 pm »

We’re Wolf: Good. Four forms. Human, regular wolf, dire wolf ( big ass wolf that can eat a man in one to three bites ) and war form ( Half man wolf form, big, strong and fearsome.)

As for other powers depends on theme going on by, White Wolf type that channel nature spirits ( need more power level for that) or ghost mode ( Like in Helsing, more power points though.)

Get package in which wolf/were forms grant better stuff though time limit, though on positive note, transform due to will power/invoke when needed, not depending on Moon.

Japanese: Paychic? Magic girl? ?? Either way making people seemingly vanish is more tier 3 ( 11-15) though being psionics capable to project words, and send nightmare monsters at people is valid, just wel got to roll to see how fearsome ( which I do.)

Finnish: Looks Good. Will do total stat chart tomorrow. Got plenty of time for it. Just running out of time now.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 10:28:41 pm »

...or ghost mode ( Like in Helsing, more power points though.)

I haven't seen whatever it is you're referring to. What do you mean by "ghost mode"?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 10:54:01 pm »

...or ghost mode ( Like in Helsing, more power points though.)

I haven't seen whatever it is you're referring to. What do you mean by "ghost mode"?

In Hellsing Ultimate, there is a mute werewolf Captain Nazi ( Despite the Nazi deal, the most decent/nice guy of that group.)
Among his attacks ( and a were wolf) he transforms into mist/ghost stuff and was still capable of attacking, Hellsing Abridged and regular Ulrinate Hellsing has this on display. ( as in turning into a dire wolf that can fly through bullets and chomp people up, or ghost war form.)

Then again “ True” supernaturals in that verse are basically demons.

Oh! And Japanese/Axis nation folk are well in for a interesting field day, co sidereing this is for Allies cause ( Tri is why mentioning this.)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 11:15:05 pm »

Thanks.
My mods and forum games.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2019, 03:24:00 am »

Name: Theodore Vemeer
Nationality: British

Stats:
Strength: 3
Speed: 7
Constitution: 7
Wits: 3
Will: 7
Intelligence: 3
Perception: 3
Power: 7

I'm a little confused as to what "automatic safe success" means, by the way.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2019, 09:15:58 am »

It's more them quite literally vanishing. Nightmare dream girl, she'll drive you insane. Yume means dream after all.

For the record, those monsters from her dreams are actually physical... And damn difficult to put down being mental.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 11:27:57 am »

I'm a little confused as to what "automatic safe success" means, by the way.

Basically since stat limit is 30.  It means auto success if 4 based on objective.

Rolls are divided up and the amount of successes add up. Though that depends on situation.

Someone with 8 in Strength hits a Nazi shoulder cia Punch.

Auto success and roll of six. Success + 4. Basically due to success, knocked the target down and wounded. It alive.

Now if Strength was 30 and connect with target, it looks like something out of Fist of the North Star ( Hyper bloody violence as poor bastard explodes in blood and meat fibs.)

Power stat is either to amp trick or get more tricks/improve trick every five levels.

So in Tria case with 8, two tricks, two tricks only, psi translator ( otherwise nuls how people understand.) while second trick should be nightmare monsters. ( though Mental Constructs, enchanted stuff and other supernatural stuff is just fine. Also ifba names enemy has high enough will, ignoring the damage.)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 02:18:59 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 08:56:02 am »

Oh and I Ones people about power scaling. Will make it official here.

Powers work one of three ways.

1: Lots of tricks,  it limited charges: Each of The power tiers, 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, And 16-20. Well at 1-5 get one trick, 6 and such 2 added on ( becoming three.)  then get three ( total of six) and at 16-20. Becomes ten ( adding four to six) and so on until 30 ( add each number a power up, becomes insane.)anyway really useful in regards to broad ability, but limited stock charge like a d and d wizard. So stuff runs out rather fast if not careful.

2: The opposite of the above, just one trick, but evolved to be more useful to a extent and can spam the Hell our if it.

3: Only one trick each 5 levels for a total of six tricks.  Have to wait to recharge during turns in battle or rather cool down. So a middle ground between 1 and 2. Willing to help discuss stuff before the actual rpg mission starts.

Edited due to brain fart, 30 is max not 20. And phone kept saying 20.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:41:56 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 04:23:26 pm »

Another note:

Characters reach zero they are knocked down, if struck while down, suffer from serious illness/disease or bleed out they die. Also can be killed out right if hot with serious fire power/force while not having defenses.

As for matter: You can have multiple characters as two fronts in the war, Incase you want back ups, and this game does not en until last missions are done or no more interest, or complete player kill in key events.

Because some of you have multiple characters in mind. So limit of created Agents is 4. If you can handle it, go for it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10