Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tips for encouraging Kobold Populations?  (Read 751 times)

Verdant_Squire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tips for encouraging Kobold Populations?
« on: February 03, 2019, 10:55:02 am »

I'm a little satisfied with how little kobolds seem to interact with world generation on a whole, and I'd like to make them at least a little more active in on-going affairs and such. However, one of the main difficulties I've been having, is that Kobolds in general seem very unlikely to prosper during WG; It's uncommon to get a world where the kobold population even manages to surpass 100, let alone 1000, or really any significant proportion of the global population.

I've tried a couple things, like making it so that Kobolds can integrate into Human or Dwarven societies, but the amount they do so in is very meager. Is there anything else I can do to make them a little more statistically significant in the long term?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for encouraging Kobold Populations?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 11:33:59 am »

More civs, higher starting numbers (quick entity RAW edit), larger world-sized and less monsters in general.

Particularly the biggest causes of kobold death is just clashing with megabeasts looking for a lair, and of course more civs also equates to more kobold groups to seek places to settle in a limited amount of non-occupied world caves. You can also go a step further and add some noble structure to them if you want but it probably won't make them tough.

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for encouraging Kobold Populations?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 01:24:20 pm »

If you open up entity default and change the kobolds "[DEFAULT_SITE_" to a dark fortress and the same with "[LIKES_SITE:" underneath(just copy the golbins) they will tend to stick around for ages ands sometimes do fairly well for kobolds.