Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kidnapping  (Read 2320 times)

Miky2911

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Kidnapping
« on: February 03, 2019, 12:07:53 pm »

It's possibile to kidnap peoples? i'm very new to the game so sorry if'm a noob, just asking cause i would like to become a vampire a make a lair where i bring my victims

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Kidnapping
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 12:19:40 pm »

Not really, no. If you really wanted to spend hours doing it, you could use unarmed throws to push your victim to your lair over all the land, but it'd be boring and frustrating as hell. Generally, as a vampire, the easiest way to quench your thirst is to strangle forest creatures to unconsciousness and drink them dry on the spot.

Kidnapping in legends mode is more of a night troll thing, vampires usually just infiltrate communities.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Miky2911

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 12:23:17 pm »

Perfect Thanks foor the answer!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 01:23:54 pm »

Perfect Thanks foor the answer!
Yep like many things, this is  a planned feature.

Im pretty sure tying and gagging people is planned, not sure about kidnapping, but he(toady) has expressed interest in letting players play as a goblin snatcher in adventure mode (the ones that kidnap people), and night trolls can already kidnap dwarves at least in legends. So it will probably make it in.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 12:41:06 pm »

I put something in line with this in suggestion part of this forum.

1. We need is to be able to build some wooden cages in carpenter shop (metal cages you can find in fortresses too).
2. We need ability to load unconscious beings into a cage. Hit anyone with fist few times on head and they should be "ready".
3. We need ability to build "cage" and "chain" buildings in camps. Ropes can be found usually in fortresses armories too.

Though I put it more in line "can we get dogs in?" rather then "can we kidnap someone".  lol

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 02:13:58 pm »

I put something in line with this in suggestion part of this forum.

1. We need is to be able to build some wooden cages in carpenter shop (metal cages you can find in fortresses too).
2. We need ability to load unconscious beings into a cage. Hit anyone with fist few times on head and they should be "ready".
3. We need ability to build "cage" and "chain" buildings in camps. Ropes can be found usually in fortresses armories too.

Though I put it more in line "can we get dogs in?" rather then "can we kidnap someone".  lol
It would be awesome to be able to properly use cages in adventure mode.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com