Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Okay, what's wrong with this syndrome?  (Read 910 times)

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Okay, what's wrong with this syndrome?
« on: February 02, 2019, 06:54:13 pm »

So, I was experimenting with adding an effect to both Sun Berries, and Sunshine. Either Dwarf Therapist is reading the stat numbers completely wrong, or something is not working with the tokens as is intended by the design, or I'm putting something in there in a way as to confuse the game.

I don't get, for example, a doubling or tripling of disease resistance when the berry or the alcohol is consumed, as I thought I would (per the code below). According to Dwarf Therapist, the number goes into the millions. So, instead of a dwarf going from 1100 to 2200, he goes to some ridiculous integer, like 92212016 (yes that's exactly what DT reports).

Oddly enough, some other stats get affected too (though not all). Toughness for example. Toughness is not showing here as being affected, and yet, it rises with the syndrome effect according to DT (albeit to a more sane amount, like from 2500 to 3600). Others, like Endurance are affected in the same ridiculous way as the other stats, going into the millions.

Code: [Select]
[PLANT:BERRY_SUN]
[NAME:sun berry][NAME_PLURAL:sun berries][ADJ:sun berry]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:4]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Sun Berry Effect]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:200:0:START:10:END:8400]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:200:0:START:10:END:8400]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
[PICKED_TILE:161][PICKED_COLOR:6:14:0]
[WET][GOOD]
[BIOME:NOT_FREEZING]
[VALUE:4]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:DRINK:PLANT_ALCOHOL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:frozen Sunshine]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:Sunshine]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling Sunshine]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:8]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:14:0:0]
[EDIBLE_RAW]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[PREFIX:NONE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_NAME:Sunshine Effect]
[SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[SYN_INGESTED]
[SYN_NO_HOSPITAL]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:300:0:START:10:END:8400]
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:DISEASE_RESISTANCE:300:0:START:10:END:16800]
[CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE:WILLPOWER:200:0:START:10:END:8400]
[DRINK:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK]
[SPRING][SUMMER][AUTUMN][WINTER]
[FREQUENCY:100]
[CLUSTERSIZE:5]
[PREFSTRING:inner light]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SEED:SEED_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:3]
[EDIBLE_VERMIN]
[EDIBLE_COOKED]
[SEED:sun berry seed:sun berry seeds:14:0:0:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED]
[SHRUB_TILE:6]
[DEAD_SHRUB_TILE:148]
[SHRUB_COLOR:15:14:0]
[DEAD_SHRUB_COLOR:7:7:0]

asialsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, what's wrong with this syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 10:56:29 pm »

Maybe it's because you left out the line that tells it how concentrated the dosage should be for an effect?
Without    [SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000], I'd assume DF thinks it's a 1:1 syndrome per unit of alcohol, which quickly gets out of hand.
Off defending the fortress from dragons with a tank, I'm sure.
"All I want is for you to be happy. You won't be happy until I'm happy, so hurry up and shoot the zombies!"

Walkaboutout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, what's wrong with this syndrome?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 01:50:52 pm »

So, I'm becoming suspicious about Dwarf Therapist in all this. I added the dilution line but it didn't seem to change anything in my testing.

With that said, I started comparing the verbal descriptions that Dwarf Therapist is saying I should have, based on the numbers of the attributes of various dwarves who are under the effects of the syndrome, and these descriptions in DT, versus the character sheet descriptions in DF itself, are not lining up.

For example, it's reporting a child as having 2664 Patience, "absolutely boundless patience". But if I check that child, his character description sheet shows no comment regarding his level of patience, which would indicate that it is, in game, actually somewhere in the average range, which unless I'm mistaken should be in the 1000 range.

Maybe the character descriptions just don't work in the manner I understand them or something, but with my current understanding, I'm starting to now wonder, as I've said, if DT is just reporting incorrectly.