Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [44.12] Boozelings, Dragons, Drakken, Gnomish Clockwork Empires  (Read 3127 times)

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[44.12] Boozelings, Dragons, Drakken, Gnomish Clockwork Empires
« on: February 04, 2019, 01:15:50 pm »

Welcome to my collection of mods! All of my creations are designed to fit the current whacky, classic-fantasy DF universe, and I aim for each one to be as unique and rich as current modding capabilities allow. All will be released in modules, meaning you can pick and choose what you want, and none of them will mess with vanilla files.

So without further ado!

Boozelings!

Spoiler: Lore (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gameplay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Funny Stuff (click to show/hide)

Download

Dragons and Drakken!

Download

Gnomish Clockwork Empires!

Download

UPCOMING: Cavern slimes. Shroomfolk civ. Mischief mod. Ent Civ. Some weird civ with bizarre animals to trade for! Much more!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:17:23 pm by Levity »

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Vanilla Friendly Mods - Boozelings Make for a Lively Tavern!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:15:09 pm »

Added Dragons + Drakken to main post.

Bad_Goblin

• Bay Watcher
  • Ergh
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Vanilla Friendly Mods - Boozelings, Dragons, Drakken
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 01:31:53 am »

The first boozeling sounds like a pathetic creature indeed hahah. I’d like to see a sketch of what one of these guys would look like, very unique idea. I’ll have to put em in my raws and see if I can come across one on my next playthrough.

Kazimuth

• Bay Watcher
  • [ARTIFICIAL_HIVEABLE]
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 07:38:20 pm »

Trying this mod out, we'll see how it goes :)
I'm not sure this was a good idea

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 04:37:32 pm »

I think I'll be doing some tweaking to the mods soon. Drakken need an ethics rework so they don't always become extinct.

I think the boozelings need an increase in potency?

Also thinking about working on some new stuff!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 04:41:34 pm by Levity »

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 03:16:45 pm »

Added Gnomish Clockwork Empires, as well as making some desperately needed patches to my old mods. Whoops!

Boozeling patch: Increased potency for all standard boozelings. Should be enough to cause some fun, but not too destructive. Previously it just seemed too weak for those dwarven livers!
Fixed Enchanted Boozeling actually decreasing speed instead of increasing. Whoops, sorry guys!
Added [CRAZED] to fell booze - these guys are the definition of FUN!! now. Create brawl (potentially fatal) rooms in your tavern.
Gave enchanted boozeling its own voice lines in data/speech/enchantedboozeling.txt
Fixed incorrect boozeling child name (forget which one)

Dragons + Drakken patch: Tweaked the Drakken's entity file to have them survive better in world gen. Is still hit and miss, but I wanted them to be endangered anyway. It's all down to whether or not a civ has outdoor farms and the like, and I've always wanted the Drakken to be animal eaters only, so it works. Fixed incorrect caste descriptions of forest drakken. Also added some custom civ positions for the drakken.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:21:20 pm by Levity »

Metaltooth

• Bay Watcher
  • Icon of Sin
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Boozelings, Dragons, Drakken, Gnomish Clockwork Empires
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 05:07:06 pm »

Finally, once more I can return and build a gnomish city!

How far are you gonna push their technology? Like steam engines or buildable beasts of burden
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 06:05:13 pm by Metaltooth »
o̗͕̘̯͈̺r̬e̶̻̗̲̹m͎̘̹͓̦̼̟͝o͕̮̦R͇̥̻̭͟ ̕ņ̗h̪̰̱o̢J͚̬̲ ̧͍̫̜̲͔̺é̤̩̫m̗͍̘̟͖͠ l͇̫̪͖͓̰͝l̕i̮k̻͈̺̱̗ ͙̱̠̥̳̱̘t҉̪s̢͈u͙͉̘̮͘m̳̜̞̳̞̝ ̴͖̠̖̤͕̱u̱̬͚̗͍͞o̢y̴ ̶͚̝̳͇̞e̢̠m̥̤̳̙̣̙̭͢a͚̳̞͉̭g ̛͙e̤̫͉̜͉͘h̗̘̱̤͚͘t̜̺͕ ̴͙͍͉̮̯ņ̘͉̼͓̲ͅi̜̻̰̫̘̠͕w̧̲̘ ̧͔̯o̱̳̘T̗͖

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Boozelings, Dragons, Drakken, Gnomish Clockwork Empires
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 01:46:25 am »

I would certainly like to expand on the gnomes and make them fortress playable, the only thing is, they rely a lot on their clockwork constructs and without using DFHack it's a strange business having them spawn.

I could have the Grand/High Engineers able to turn other creatures into constructs (eh) - have some custom workshop that produces a material syndrome that transforms (eh) - or maybe you just have to trade for them from other gnomes.

The next thing I want to make is an Ent civ, who also have [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT] and drink some kind of ent moonshine. A little joke and nod towards Tolkien's ent-draughts.