Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Clusterfuck: The Game  (Read 9321 times)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clusterfuck: The Game
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:39:21 pm »

(Insert your generic adventure music, try this)

ONE RACE! AND ITS BOOZE!

IN A WORLD FULL OF CLUSTERFUCK!

THE DWARVES, WITH THEIR !!SCIENCE!!, AND USELESS SKILLS, MUST BUILD AN EPIC FORTRESS!

WATCH, AS THE DWARVES DEFEND THEMSELVES FROM DECEPTIVE GODS, POWERFUL DEMONS AND BEASTS OF LEGEND!

ONLY THE BEST AMONG THEM WILL BE WORTHY OF LEADING THE FORTRESS!

ARE YOU READY?! GO!

QUOTES:

Spoiler: Onyx Discforge (click to show/hide)

Hello and welcome to "Clusterfuck: The Game". This is my second attempt at making a community game like this. The goal is simple: survival of the fortress. Can we do it or shall we bleed from our noses?! Time to find out!

RULES:
1. This will be a succession game, meaning players will swap with others until the fortress inevitably goes to shit.
2. No player can play twice (there may be exceptions to the rule, but it will be kept to the minimum)
3. You can RP or not, totally your choice. However, posting pics is required (a proof of your work, at least one)
4. Each player gets maximum 1 week to play their turn, so be sure to have free time before you apply.
5. 1 Player=2 Years (you can still play one year if you wish, but you have to write it down)
6. Should an update come in the middle of the game, the next player will restart the game from scratch (with gaming conditions listed below)
7. Any other rules will be added in the future should they be needed

CONDITIONS:
->PLEASE NOTE: I am still a newbie (Doom Wads and IRL stuff carried me away from the game for quite some time :P) but I want to play nonetheless. If I mess something up, I apologize in advance.
World Size: Medium
History: Short
Number of Civilizations: Low (less cramped)
Number of Sites: Medium (dunno what these do so i left medium)
Beasts: High (it is a clusterfuck after all)
Savagery: High (I feel I am going to regret this)
Mineral: Frequent (at least a bonus)

PLAYERS:
(Just for fun, create your own title you would give to yourself, since I start first I will be "The Founder")
1. Archibald ("The Founder") - 1 Year Only (Obviously, I don't want the game to end with me but I love chaos so...) DONE
2. SQman ("Cowboy") - 1 Year Only DONE
3. Khalari ("Madman") - 1 Year Only DONE
4. Quazar ("Booze King/Queen") - 1 Year Only  DONE
5. Onyx Discforge ("Not-An-Embezzler") DONE
6. Imic ("Master of The Forge") CANCELLED
7. Player (Title)
8. Player (Title)

If you want to join, simply write down in the comment.

LET'S-A GO!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:00:50 pm by Archibald »

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clusterfuck: The Game
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 02:13:08 pm »

STORY:

"So I may or may not acted like a fool with that stunt of mine. Who knew that getting drunk, standing on a table and shouting "WE WUZ DIGGERZ AND SHIT" right when the Chief was in the middle of his pep talk about how to mine more efficiently would get me kicked out of my own damn home?! Apparently I am now promoted to "Founder" of our newest Fortress and it is my holy duty to expand our dwarven civilization (this is a load of barnacles, of course). I got six idiots here with me as well, whom I never heard of. My life is so damn tiresome."

"Just in case you ask, our world is called Ushul Kodor, meaning "The Realms of Dawning". Creative, I know. But then again, you have to remind yourself that Dwarves are not talented for things like giving names to stuff. Here is the map of this shithole."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Will soon post part 2)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 02:20:47 pm by Archibald »

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:01:08 pm »

Granite 15th, 125.

"We ended up on a part of the world called "The Jungle of Portals".

Guess it is time to start our fortress...

Here is a list of dwarves that make our expedition:
Rakust, our competent miner and skilled mason (that is me under a pseudonym, we do not want more trouble than we need...)
Lorbam, skilled woodcutter and carpenter
Monom, competent cook and herbalist, as well as miner
Kogsak, our swordsman
Doren, adequate metalsmith and furnace operator, adequate metal, stone and wood crafter
Adil, proficient brewer and grower
Ast, our critical thinker and building designer

Somehow, I feel like we are so screwed...

(forgot how to post pictures)
EDIT: Need to restart... I fucked up and forgot to add axes (*facepalm*) and everything crumbled apart. Please forgive me.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 04:36:40 pm by Archibald »

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 05:55:07 am »

(Letīs pretend the first failure never happened, please.)

Slate 28th, 125.

We arrived at our destination. The Noble Walls, as it is called. Heard that there should be another fortress nearby. Apparently the chief in question is an idiot who frogot to pick up axes for his woodcutters. And then they say natural selection is a real thing.

13th Felsite, 125.

We made some progress. There is some food industry going on (A),
we built few workshops, wood industry (B) and stockpiles (C).
There are some goals we hope to achieve:
a) Build a Trade Depot
b) Dig deeper into the earth
c) Make some beds
d) Develop our military

Progress
28th Felsite, 125.

Leading a fortress is hard. Everything is going so slow. Also, our
horse decided to take a walk in our farms. I need to solve that
problem in the future.

Progress #2
16th Hematite, 125.

Everything is good so far. We wait for the first migrants and
caravans.

Progress #3
25th Hematite, 125.

We finally went down! Time to set up a mason and other important
stuff. We also found pink jade!

Progress #4

(Part 2 will be posted soon)

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 07:02:45 am »

I like simple succession forts with no overly complicated rules. I'll take a one year turn to gdt myself back into DF.  Dwarf me as a completely random dwarf.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 12:12:14 pm »

I like simple succession forts with no overly complicated rules. I'll take a one year turn to gdt myself back into DF.  Dwarf me as a completely random dwarf.

Sure. Do you have a title for yourself (mandatory for application)?

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 12:36:35 pm »

Cowboy. This fort is gonna need all my yee, and all my haw.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 04:27:47 am »

10th Malachite, 125.

Looks like some new migrants have arrived. Five to be precise. Three of them are kids. Great. There is another farmer, which is at least
something good. However, there is this one dwarf I donīt trust. His name is SQman Nunokfikod and he claims to be a fishery
worker. I told him we had no rivers nearby, to which he simply shrugged. I sincerely hope this hook-nosed bastard does something productive
and not live on welfare like a parasite. I have to find a work for him... For some reason, he LARPs as a dwarfette... What kind of social cases do they send down here?!

Apparently (s)he is a dabbler in warfare. Seriously. Dabbling in shield usage, armor usage, discipline, wrestling, striking, dodging,
kicking and observing. Well, warfare it is then, welcome to the Dwarf Marines... who likes fish anyways?

Bastards New Citizens
16th Malachite, 125.

What a nice progress. We started the masonry and ore industry. Since we also have pink jade, maybe we can make something to trade with the caravan of merchants that will come... hopefully.

Also, I will try to build a beekping industry and start producing some equipment for our soldiers before the inevitable shitstorm happens.

27th Malachite, 125.

Going even deeper. Hopefully we find some useful ores.

Deeper
8th Galena, 125.

It has just occured to me that we need a bigger workforce. Everything is going slow again. Planning to build a library.

17th Galena, 125.

Looks like we sit on a mountain of pink jade. Dunno if this is good or bad... I need minerals, not gems.

26th Galena, 125.

Domas made a masterpiece: apple wood door! It was so great, I did not care about it. (Seriously, though. Can someone tell me how to view details of a masterpiece? I forgot how to do that one.)
28th Galena, 125.

What. The. Fuck.

Heaven on Earth
17th Limestone, 125.

Apparently a caravan is coming our way. The outpost liaison came first, even though they claim the caravan cannot reach the depot for some reason.

19th Limestone, 125.

Liaison
Nothing New

Acquired two bulls and some other stuff. Really nice. I demanded from merchants to bring more weapons next time, because my goal is to make a decent army that would protect our fortress from danger. Again, our workforce is too low for our needs and we still failed to find any metal we can use, apart from gold which we already smelted.

In other news, I decided we should create a library. It is far from being done, however. The future overseers will probably have to deal with it.

(Last part coming soon, only few months and year 125 is done!)

Khalari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 06:20:03 pm »

I'll take a year as well. Never played a succession fort, should be fun.

Khalari ("Madman")

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2019, 02:17:03 am »

It's been forever since I played DF, I have absolutely no spare time lately, this is a terrible idea and there is likely to be copious amounts of regret had by all. Therefore...

Sign me up for Year 4. I'll take whoever is our best brewer.

Name: "Quasar",
Custom Profession: "Booze [King/Queen]" (depending on the dwarf's gender)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 02:28:57 am »

I want to say something. Please don't try to intentionally sabotage the fortress with pointless fights/deaths/something. While the goal is to survive, it would be much better for the fortress to be struck with a "natural" disaster, if you know what I'm saying.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 02:44:53 am »

I want to say something. Please don't try to intentionally sabotage the fortress with pointless fights/deaths/something. While the goal is to survive, it would be much better for the fortress to be struck with a "natural" disaster, if you know what I'm saying.
Don't worry, that's not my style.

I prefer to intentionally sabotage the fortress with enormous megastructures designed to rapidly flood the entire fort with magma at the pull of a lever.

But since this will be year 4, I'll probably be too busy to build one of those. Probably.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:47:55 am by QuQuasar »

Khalari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2019, 06:42:46 am »

I would be impressed if you could build such a structure in one year. It would take me at least 2 or 3 years to get such a thing done.

Bonus points if you put multiple of those levers across the fortress. Will anyone go berserk and pull it? Will a kobold thief slip by and pull it? Who knows, the excitement is titillating LOL

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2019, 07:03:38 am »

15th Sandstone, 125.

I think I should take this overseer stuff a bit more seriously, since I failed to mention any real problems with the fortress during the year. Here is the thing: while we do have food and alcohol, our industry based around those is completely messed up. We live on cheese, herbs and fruits we pick from outside and what we farm. The lack of manpower forced me to give one dwarf many labors, which reduces our rate of fortress expansion. On the other hand, there are still no threats we had to fight, which makes me even more uneasy, because our military is underequipped. I hope future overseers find a way to fix these problems.

21st Sandstone, 125.

We found black and crystal opal. Still no metals.
24th Sandstone, 125.

Finally! Some new migrants.

Five more kids?! Why!? I need workers! WORKERS! NOT CHILDREN!

7th Timber, 125.

Gonna slaughter our gosling. About time we get some meat.

12th Timber, 125.

Apparently we struck pineapple opal. Yay.

1st Moonstone, 125.

Winter is upon us. We have enough food and alcohol to survive through it all. Should be no problem.

12th Moonstone, 125.

Another worthless masterpiece. A cherry wood door. Also, I spotted a panda. Heh.

17th Moonstone, 125.

Now what? Did he become emo? Give him a sandwich or something! What? He claimed the Metalsmith Forge? Okay... Others keep telling me he is babbling about shining metal and leather.

Uh Oh

28th Moonstone, 125.

Today we will slaughter the useless horse for leather. That fucking dwarf pisses me off.

6th Opal, 125.

That dwarf immediately took all the leather like a maniac. I think he scared the children. He began making something.

11th Opal, 125.

Remember the dwarf I mentioned before? He made something he claims to be a family heirloom. He called it Noramisan and it is a conical zinc cap. Wow. Such excitement. Much skill. Very impressed.

Item
20th Opal, 125.

A snow storm!

28th Obsidian, 125.

And with this day, the year 125 is coming to an end. I did as much as I could, hopefully it was worth it. Now let me draw some sketches for future overseers real quick.

(everything below those two levels are just empty mines.)

Save

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 07:46:51 pm »

On a totally unrelated side note; I decided to start a new fortress in this world as a training for basics. Had to abandon it on the second month of 126 because two alligators slaughtered 3 out of 7 inhabitants. My axedwarf had to twist one alligator's neck for a dozen times just to make it loose consciousness (it took several days).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6