Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Clusterfuck: The Game  (Read 9317 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Clusterfuck: The Game
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2019, 05:23:58 pm »

I thought about something. Why don't we make a dummy hallway that leads to outside and is filled with a buttload of traps? That way we could bait threats into going through it by blocking all other passages only to kill themselves.

Yes. Excellent idea! Make them walk the path of perpetual pointy pain! AHAHAHAHAHA!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2019, 06:37:40 pm »

Yeah, that’s a viable- if somewhat cheesy- strategy against horde enemies (goblins, necromancers and reanimating biomes).

Truth is, though, I don’t think we’ll get any use out of it. Take a look at the map: there’s no sign of anyone in our vicinity, presumably thanks to the “low” civ setting. Hard to say for certain without seeing the “neighbours” screen, but I don’t think we’re likely to see any sieges at all.  Besides, with the booze queen’s recent upgrades we’re actually fairly siege-proof. If they get past the entrance door, we’ll have time to close the rear door while the military does horrible things to them with their shiny new weapons.

It’s still quite possible we will all die horribly because Dwarf Fortress, but it’ll mostly likely be to TRAPIMMUNE folks like werebeasts, titans and the happy fun circus. My money is on a flying forgotten beast finding its way up the corpse well.

Actually, I’m thinking I’d recommend this succession game for newbies and people unfamiliar with it’s workings, because if too many experts pick it up it’ll quickly become unassailable, and that’s boring. Even when trying to roleplay a drunk incompetent I ended up sealing the place up pretty tight.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2019, 01:57:06 am »

Still, there is never enough caution around these things. Just yesterday I played a fort in this world and got sieged by goblins. I lost my army.

Also. Can we build a tavern or a library?

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2019, 04:01:06 am »

OOC: I'm going to have to call it quits come spring due to some real life stuff that came up, but at least that will reset the yearly cycle. Future overseers can take the standard start-of-spring to end-of-winter period.

FFfffuckin BEDSHROOMS YEAH.

Plus I got my own bedroom now down the bottom there. It has ALL the amenities, bed, table, PERFECTLY NORMAL-SIZED LIQUOR CABINET.

Been worfling on magmaaaaaaa. Too. Cee?

Mergmer goes in merncart, mergmer gets carried to surface, mergmer goes in mergmer ferge.

Carryin molten rockses in iron minecarf wif bear hands is safe. Iron has... fuckin... zero thermal conductivity. IS WELL KNOWN FACT.

Not that we really need it, got fuckin' SHITMOUTNAIN of bituminous coal. Is the ore we fffing need.

Schpring is here! overseers gotta step down at spring. Is the ruiles!  MY LONG FUCKING NIGHTMARE IS OVER!

An' as for the lot of ayou... FUCK. ALL. Y'ALL. You suck an' I love you yer me befsted FUCKING mates.

Hugs for all! Hurp. For you! Hurgh. Yes! And you! Hugs now! Hurghyeeees! And [bleeeaaarrrgrh] Hugs and puke. Hugs and puke foor all. Hugs and puuuuuek... [collapses]

[THUD]

somebody turn me over so I don't choke on mah tongu- [blllelaaaargh] [bleeaaaaaaarrrgh] [bleeaaarrrgh]

OOC: Well, that went pretty well all things considered. Got bedrooms ready for about 80% of the fortress, made the place a lot safer all around, and increased booze production significantly. Remember to expand the boozevaults, they will need to be significantly bigger to make room for all the booze.

The magmacart filling chamber is unfinished, but should be straightforward enough to work out. Pierce the magma sea, then pump it into the minecarts, then pump it out into the evaporation chamber (currently unfinished). No rush, though: like I said, we've got mountains of coal to get through first.

Entrance to the first cavern layer is sealed behind an (indestructible, artifact) wooden door. Might want to install a spike trap attached to a lever in front of it, so you can stab any forgotten beasts that wander in until they die. I'd have done that myself, but didn't have any spikes.

Save has been reverted to ASCII and can be found here.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2019, 12:30:49 pm »

Um, do you guys know someone who can join and play?

Blackchibisan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2019, 06:02:46 pm »

Well, if I felt like I had a reasonable understanding of how quickly you expect each year's worth of gameplay to happen on the board I would be more likely, but I'm trying to put real life first for now until I have a proper living space. Once I have that, I'll probably be game for it. Want me to go bug Kruggsmash and see if he is willing off channel to do it? Cause I'm sure he loves this game enough to do a little thing here and there on the side.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2019, 05:28:13 am »

We need a player now. I am not sure we can wait longer.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2019, 02:15:37 pm »

bump

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2019, 12:46:02 pm »

This looks like fun (though admittedly I haven't finished reading the thread yet (how could it be a clusterfuck if I took the time to figure out what's going on?)) so I'll take a 2-year turn to take a break from my other fort projects.

If no one wants to go before I do, I can boot it up this evening.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 12:58:07 pm by Onyx Discforge »
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2019, 04:56:30 pm »

This looks like fun (though admittedly I haven't finished reading the thread yet (how could it be a clusterfuck if I took the time to figure out what's going on?)) so I'll take a 2-year turn to take a break from my other fort projects.

If no one wants to go before I do, I can boot it up this evening.

Alright. Just make sure you follow the set time limit. Waiting for your update. Also, give me a title you would like to have (obligatory, we all have one).

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2019, 12:09:34 am »

Here's my turn:

Part 1
Part 2

I was going to separate my uploads, but it's done, so oh well.

Stick me down as "Not-An-Embezzler".  Because I'm not an embezzler.  I swear.

Save for the next overseer.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2019, 05:44:30 am »

I’ll take a turn. Name one of the Miners Imic, ‘Master of the Forge’
If we’ve no metal, then we should get our hands on Anvils from the mountainhomes, preferably steel, melt them down, and make giant steel axe blades (The trap component), since when melted down, they give 1.5 bars instead of the just one bar used to make it, so a proper metal industry can be started. If we set up magma forges and smeltaers (as many as possible) then using Dwarven Metalmancy, we could get a possibly infinite supply of steel to kit out a proper militia.
I don’t know if we have any metal, though, since I’m not used to translating such a thickly accented Drunkendwarf.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2019, 09:57:14 am »

From what I remember, there was tertrahedrite and some native gold, but no iron ores other than what got brought by the caravan.  You should have some iron and steel to work with, I just don't remember how much.

Of course, if you're willing to use exploits, then you might as well make adamantine coins, split the stacks via caravans, and then melt them down for x50 returns.  With a small military, there's only so much you actually need.

You're up next; I just finished, and no one else has requested a turn.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2019, 04:09:47 pm »

Oh, bugger. Give me till tomorrow, I need to install Photoshop.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2019, 03:35:20 am »

'Arright, we need a new Overseer. Our previous Overseer, a fellow who went by the name of Disc, has become severely depressed at life after his work here.'
'Anyone?'
'Listen lads, this is serious, this place is a shithole, but it's going to be much worse than that if wedon't get a new Overseer in!'
'ANYONE?!'
'Uh... Uh... Imic!'

'Hmm?'
'You! You're the new Overseer. I'm not givin' ye a choice, if ye don't, no-one else in this Clusterfuck will take the job, and we'll all die. There are a Million things out there that want to kill us, and if we go without a functional government for too long, we won't survive.'

'Fine.'

Journal of Imic Óravus, Miner, Overseer of Amusedhames, Master of the forge

This place is a fucking horrendous mess. We're livin' in the shittiest conditions imaginable, we're not given chances to practice craft, only left to rot in this dirty, shallow built cavern of a fortress. Not an inch of wall is smoothed for most of it, and... Armok help us all, I'll drive m'self mad if I try and list everything wrong. Something must be done, and I intend to do something. I'm going to need to see the blueprints and maps of this place first.

These are the Bedrooms. They're not bad, but they're awfy small for a place o' this size, an' ye know why?

'Cause this 's where everyone else is sleepin'!

I don' even know what this place's for, I might be missing some old reports, but it seems as though th' place 's jus' ben' lef' there.

This is the place in which we live and work. I can barely find my way around this fucking place! it's scandalous!
Bloody 'ell...

At least ther's a Clothing industry goin', or we'd all a' been fucked a long, long time ago. I presume the Green glass stuff is to trade with, 'cause I can see nowhere where puttin' traps'd help at this point. I need to find the lever fer the gate, I'm not lettin' anyone out. We stay inside fr'm now on. I'm going to start diggin' deeper, buildin' a City underground where we can move into from the shithole that this place is. Haulin' rubbish is no longer important, anyone who needs a job, grab a Pickaxe! We dig! We forge a new life for ourselves, I cannot bear for this one any more.

[OoC]Honest to God, This place is one of the biggest messes I have ever seen. I can see !!FUN!! on the horizon.[/OoC]
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6