Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 32892 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2018, 11:41:42 am »

So, Bethesda released a patch that broken armor buffs and nerfed Workshops and didn't include those on the patch notes?

I was probably one of the last giving them the benefit of the doubt, but that sort of thing piss me off to no end. They even added a 10 minute AFK disconnect.
So I'm not sure if the ammo factory will be so useful at all. For heavy guns for example, unless their 20% damage increase to automatic weapons was applied to them too, it'll get even more boring keeping stocked up as a Heavy Gunner.

Such a bizarre patch.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2018, 01:21:36 pm »

I think the armor buffs breaking is due to the way things load in to the world. I'll often get the sounds of armor equipping when I first load in, so maybe something in there broke.

As to workshops getting nerfed, they already weren't too great to hold. The munitions factory and power plant were useful, and the junkyards, but you have to hold them for a while to get your use out of it. They didn't need to be nerfed so badly, as now it's pointless to hold a workshop unless you'll be on for hours and hours, which not many people are.

As much as I enjoy the game for what it is, this patch really does suck. I hope they revert some of those changes quickly.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2018, 11:58:39 pm »

In case anyone got the Collector's Edition and is going to get in on that whole "Canvas Duffel Bag" replacement thing.....

This happened. Might want to hold off on submitting your info to customer support until they fix their website.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2018, 02:16:26 am »

It's a feature.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2018, 04:27:24 am »

Bethesda is so lazy to do anything they even outsourced their customer support to the community now.

Slax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2018, 12:48:13 pm »

Bethesda is so lazy to do anything they even outsourced their customer support to the community now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But yeah. Major screwup this time.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 06, 2018, 10:51:11 pm »

Thinking about it, I realize I have purchased pretty much every Bethesda release for the last decade. And I would put myself down as having enjoyed Fallout 4 quite a bit... but then only because I modded the hell out of it and played it as a post-apocalyptic survival sim, ignoring the story more or less. And even then the bugs did get me in the end...

But this? Yeah, it seemed transparently a re-skin cash grab from the start. I hope they learn something from this. But I do worry about the next TES game.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2018, 10:52:47 pm »

Thinking about it, I realize I have purchased pretty much every Bethesda release for the last decade. And I would put myself down as having enjoyed Fallout 4 quite a bit... but then only because I modded the hell out of it and played it as a post-apocalyptic survival sim, ignoring the story more or less. And even then the bugs did get me in the end...

But this? Yeah, it seemed transparently a re-skin cash grab from the start. I hope they learn something from this. But I do worry about the next TES game.
I'd say they won't risk it with one of they main cash-makers... but it's Bethesda. We'll see with Starfield.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2018, 09:18:42 am »

So, Bethesda released a patch that broken armor buffs and nerfed Workshops and didn't include those on the patch notes?

I was probably one of the last giving them the benefit of the doubt, but that sort of thing piss me off to no end. They even added a 10 minute AFK disconnect.
So I'm not sure if the ammo factory will be so useful at all. For heavy guns for example, unless their 20% damage increase to automatic weapons was applied to them too, it'll get even more boring keeping stocked up as a Heavy Gunner.

Such a bizarre patch.

For the armor, unequip it, relog, then re-equip.  It wasn't broken, just something about how the patch dropped not registering it as being worn

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2018, 12:58:26 pm »

For the armor, unequip it, relog, then re-equip.  It wasn't broken, just something about how the patch dropped not registering it as being worn
I get what you're saying but if armor you're wearing doesn't register as being worn, it was broken.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 01:00:00 pm by Parsely »

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2018, 04:53:48 pm »

I get what you're saying but if armor you're wearing doesn't register as being worn, it was broken.

I get what you're doing but no, because it still works.  Something else was broken yes, but it wasn't the armor.  The armor itself still works fine, the mods on the armor still works fine.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2024, 03:58:00 am »

Bumping another old thread for another older game getting an update

There appears to be a Fallout television series on Amazon Prime that at least the Steam discussion forums is unusually uncritical of. In a crafty marketing blitz, Bethesda has done a free weekend for Fallout 76 (thus this thread) but probably of more interest is a big patch coming for Fallout 4 to bring it to next gen whatzits.

Fallout 4 is Getting Free Updates
https://steamcommunity.com/app/377160/eventcomments/4369129313611092421

Egads I hope there is a nice bit of optimization and bug fixing, the zone transition to and from Goodneighbor is so long, random crashes, arcane physx bug regarding turrets, patrols of mechanist robots everywhere, extreme hp bloat enemies at level 80+ etc

If you liked Fallout 4, Fallout 76 is worth a free weekend. I tried it on the previous one; it's kind of like Fallout 4 with slightly better menus. I'd say the only thing I remember being worse performance wise was probably pathfinding, that was kind of janky sometimes in the way of MMOs since time memorial. I will say those BoS in that techplace are blockheads; clearly I was playing as a bandit character and I even broke their gizmo on purpose in front of them. "Welcome initiate" or whatever thing they said after that.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]