Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Vintage Story - Better than TerafirmaCraft!  (Read 27455 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Story - Better than TerafirmaCraft!
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2024, 05:29:37 pm »

I've started this up again, I'm on the (very lightly modded) Vintage Life PvE server in the event anyone's up for joining me. Next to some cool looking mountains with a sort of wedding cake shape and a few hot springs.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2024, 05:48:11 am »

I had another go with the game last year. Really happy to see they added a version that cuts out the fantasy elements and goes for straight up survival.

I was hoping to play on a nice cold map for an extra challenge, but at the time it stopped any bullrushes from spawning, which broke the tech tree. I wonder if they've fixed / are going to fix this issue.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2024, 01:29:58 pm »

You can always scavenge reeds from ruins.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2024, 01:38:56 pm »

Personally I'd rather they lean harder into the fantasy elements. Currently it seems a bit half-baked, and I can only assume that's because most of it is placeholder stuff while they get the survival gameplay down. Of course, they did release a story update but I haven't experienced that yet, so I can't really comment on that.

The last game I played I settled down in a spot that actually had a lot of resources that I've never played with before, including a salt dome exposed by a natural cave right near my house and an iron mine not too far off. It's a shame I'll unlikely get that lucky with picking a base location again... on the other hand every other time I've played I found bees relatively easily but I resorted to cheating to find a beehive in that game.

Oh, and one of the chunks was kinda fucked when it generated, being in perpetual darkness with no flora unless I stood in it and did some kind of console command.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: Today at 01:35:40 am »

Okay I'm actually giving this game an honest shot and it's awesome. It somehow recaptures the novelty which Minecraft had for me in the beginning. The in-game guides are solid, and discovering stuff as I go has been great.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]