Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bruising syndromes are very weak  (Read 573 times)

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Bruising syndromes are very weak
« on: February 06, 2019, 11:17:08 am »

I keep trying to make syndromes that "mangle beyond recognition" every non-vital part of the body but I get, at most, yellow bruising.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Bruising syndromes are very weak
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:30:31 pm »

You can introduce very minimal (severity 1) bloodloss and moderate (severity 25-ish) swelling, which could both reasonably result from heavy tissue damage like mangling. Swelling can lead to tissue necrosis, which causes infections, which is fatal, and obviously bloodloss is fatal. Even sev:1 bloodloss is fatal to human-sized creatures if it affects more than ~4 body parts. Adding moderate pain would result in them passing out, though.

But bruising on its own is never dangerous, regardless of severity, as far as im aware.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

UristMcVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING][BLOODSUCKER]
    • View Profile
Re: Bruising syndromes are very weak
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 03:10:32 pm »

I don't want it to be dangerous, just disfiguring.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Naga/Lamia race