Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Choosing a mod  (Read 656 times)

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Choosing a mod
« on: February 06, 2019, 03:31:22 pm »

Im getting back to DF after a long time, and I want to spice my experience with some mod to add long term goals.
Im talking magical research, hard-to-build workshops, techtrees, or something in that vein - I remember some or other pony mod had stuff like that, but it seems to be long abandoned. Old Genesis is another option, but I dont necessarily want total conversion... can you good forum people give me some advice?
This day going to be perfect!

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing a mod
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 06:55:46 am »

The original maintainer might not be around, but I took over development (currently semi-active, admittedly) of the Fallout Equestria Pony mod.  Check the link in my signature.

Aside from that, I think Masterwork has (or had) some sort of research system, but IIRC Masterwork's feature list has been slightly in flux for a few years due to DF updates breaking things, so you will have to check that out for yourself to see what the current version has.  On the bright side, Meph released an update earlier this year so you can play it with 44.12.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing a mod
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 07:37:32 am »

The original maintainer might not be around, but I took over development (currently semi-active, admittedly) of the Fallout Equestria Pony mod.  Check the link in my signature.
Already found it! You have no idea how happy I am to see it back, this mod was amazing!
This day going to be perfect!