Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Performance and fun factors of either version  (Read 1065 times)

ninjajack2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Performance and fun factors of either version
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:14:50 pm »

I realize that this has been brought up before but in general, which version would be able to provide a more fun and continuous playthrough? Know that i ask this due to being a human and kobold focused guy when playing MDF and was wondering if others would be able to give more info on which version overall offers a better experience.

ManlyMeatMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Performance and fun factors of either version
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 04:40:42 am »

I'm assuming you are asking about using either the newest version (44.12) or using the fairly old version (34.11). To the best of my knowledge, humans in 44.12 have all the features they have in 34.11, so if you playing humans, 44.12 gives you all the new vanilla dwarf fortress features along with basically the same experience as 34.11. As for kobolds, I believe they have a fair number of missing features at the moment, but how much that affects you will depend on how dead set you are on using every single feature available. Even with the missing features, I would still give the newest version a shot because of vanilla features added in the last few years. You just need to decide if you value vanilla dwarf fortress changes more or less than the missing kobold features. I'll try to see if I can find a list of the missing features for kobolds.

Edit: I believe the most noticeable changes between 34.11 kobolds and 44.12 kobold is that 44.12 lacks tattoos, warpaint, and spirit walking.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:47:30 am by ManlyMeatMan »