Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC and Recruitment Thread! Game is live!  (Read 28728 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC and Recruitment Thread! Game is live!
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2019, 09:20:22 pm »

Sorry about that, got away from the computer for the last few days, will finish soon.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 11:30:36 am »

I imagine we are just waiting for the other two to come in? I'm not sure it would be terribly in character for the two of us to strike up a conversation :)

Unless my grave robbingness is notorious, and Raina wants tips.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2019, 12:38:43 pm »

So, how do we handle rolls and such? Do we announce intentions in the other thread, or make a secondary post here and hope it's understood which IC instance is being referred to?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 03:48:12 pm »

You post what you want to do in the IC thread, preferably in bold typing so it's easier for me to recognize.

Examples: I attempt to stab the goblin, or Raina changes her appearance to match that of the dead bandit. The pronouns and tenses are basically up to you, so long as I can understand what you're trying to say.

If a roll is called for, I'll roll the required dice (either real dice or, more probably, the dice app on my phone) and post the results. If no roll is needed, I'll simply post what happens.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2019, 06:23:35 pm »

This looks very interesting, I will definitely be watching this.

Is it too late for me to join?

How often do you plan to run updates? I am interested in joining this roleplay if I would not have to create actions more than once a week and this is still open for new players.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2019, 07:05:50 pm »

At the moment we're at four PCs. I can probably handle one more but after that you'd be waitlisted.

Of course, considering that death is quite possible and extremely difficult to cure, I'd wager that waitlisters have a decent chance of getting in.

I run updates whenever possible. In combat or other dangerous situations I'd prefer active posting so that other players aren't waiting too long for their turns.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2019, 06:07:46 am »

I finished my sheet actually.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2019, 06:50:23 am »

I presume all the misspellings are a stylistic choice? I don't see any problems with the sheet, though you might want to give the dog a name.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2019, 06:59:34 am »

I presume all the misspellings are a stylistic choice? I don't see any problems with the sheet, though you might want to give the dog a name.
Why this always happens to me, I'll fix it soon.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2019, 07:47:57 am »

Seems like the game is already full, so I'm going to try to create a sheet and join the waitlist. Could you PM me the books, please?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2019, 12:06:52 pm »

I'm mildly perturbed by the fact that, were I to go by the roleplaying lore in the core book and the dwarf supplement, Imrak would actually be even more of an incorrigible asshole.

Canonical dwarfs are apparently so obnoxiously paranoid and xenophobic that they're effectively incapable of interacting with anyone that isn't another dwarf.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2019, 01:11:57 pm »

Those are the non-adventurer dwarfs, who stay put in one place and see a non-dwarf maybe once or twice in their life, or worse, only see monsters that attack them. Someone who travels around and ends up dealing with different people on a daily basis will eventually have to admit that maybe there is some merit to other cultures and tolerating them. There probably isn't a very large population of dwarfs in Tomrik's Hollow, so Imrak wouldn't have survived this long without learning to deal with humans.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2019, 02:00:19 pm »

Well, "this long" isn't really that long so far as I'm aware, he's basically fresh out of the mountainhomes. He only left because the book pissed him off enough that he had to find out more, which necessitated leaving the halls and venturing outside for the first time. He's academically aware of the other races, being a historian, but he's never had a reason to care about them because dwarfs are obviously the best.

I mean, tolerating other races is one thing, but the splatbook mentions that dwarfs don't even trust other dwarfs that much, which are already considered to be the only living beings capable of being trustworthy or honorable. Or even just competent.

There's even an inherent feeling of "deep frustration, sorrow, and dissatisfaction" in all dwarfs that, not being consciously aware of where it comes from, they generally blame on everything that isn't a dwarf.

It's a bit... One-dimensional.

EDIT: In other news; the goblin splatbook includes new chargen rules that would, with the right rolls, present you with a character that is so small it no longer exists.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2019, 10:54:43 pm »

I've been working on a sheet and I have this so far. Character details like backstory and personality coming tomorrow. Is this good so far? I added the "Power" and "Languages" sections to the sheet as those were missing or I couldn't find the correct place to put those on.

EDIT: Finished, I guess.

Spoiler: Sigmund (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:16:53 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2019, 04:20:53 am »

EDIT: In other news; the goblin splatbook includes new chargen rules that would, with the right rolls, present you with a character that is so small it no longer exists.

Please reroll as this if you die.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7