Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: thinking of another major mod.  (Read 578 times)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
thinking of another major mod.
« on: February 09, 2019, 05:49:49 am »

So, after my previous mods, ive kinda taken a long hiatus, if you couldnt tell. I made a new "mod" for all my scrap files, but what are scraps if theyre not rejected content for something bigger,

Enter my new idea. I'm going to try my damnest to make a setting from... basically the ground up. Something I can truly call my baby, with all kinds of custom content.  I'm gonna try hard to keep up with it, of course, What kind of setting? What kind of gear? Who knows. One thing I do know, is with this, im also going to try and be generally more original. While I'll still take other raws and work off them, from now on my content will come from my head. Ill do SOME form of work on everything.

In order to make room in my thoughts for this, I'm going to officially announce that all of my already uploaded mods; save for my scraps, are public domain! Anyone is free to use their content, so long as they ask me first.

Wish me luck guys, I'll honestly need it
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: thinking of another major mod.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 08:12:20 pm »

So, after my previous mods, ive kinda taken a long hiatus, if you couldnt tell. I made a new "mod" for all my scrap files, but what are scraps if theyre not rejected content for something bigger,

Enter my new idea. I'm going to try my damnest to make a setting from... basically the ground up. Something I can truly call my baby, with all kinds of custom content.  I'm gonna try hard to keep up with it, of course, What kind of setting? What kind of gear? Who knows. One thing I do know, is with this, im also going to try and be generally more original. While I'll still take other raws and work off them, from now on my content will come from my head. Ill do SOME form of work on everything.

In order to make room in my thoughts for this, I'm going to officially announce that all of my already uploaded mods; save for my scraps, are public domain! Anyone is free to use their content, so long as they ask me first.

Wish me luck guys, I'll honestly need it

I encourage you to give it a shot, and I can also promise you total overhauls aren't as hard as they look, I've made like a dozen of the things. Just keep some thematic consistency and it's all good, but also note the more alien you make it the more effort you'll need to put in.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2