Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 33761 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Mess: Made
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2019, 06:21:34 am »

Pick up wrapped giftbox and my dagger, proceed to search for cool stuff

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Love and Tactics in the Infernal Hereafter
« Reply #151 on: April 30, 2019, 07:31:17 am »

The Scribe is overwhelmed by... Pity.
Pity that they never stood a chance. They seemed to be pack beasts, and for only one of them to be left alive, if it indeed did survive, would be cruel. If there were other packs, they would kill a loner from another group on sight, as that was the law of scent! He could not merely leave this one to heal on her own.

He was also a creepy, mentally unstable old man with some... Ideas.

"Oh, I'm quite sorry my dear, it was merely a reaction." he purrs soothingly, as he goes about, gathering the fresh Clay from the fresh corpses. If an attempted gather would be on a non-corpse that isn't Dogic, stab it dead, then Gather.

He then goes to the gutless dog-demon and banks on "Man's best friend, even in Hell," by using that fresh clay on her.

"Stay still for me... What is your name?"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 08:28:04 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 30, 2019, 12:43:36 pm »

Blood, blood, blood!

To the cheery tune of Blood blood blood, Rakiit will start lapping up the blood of the demon that was cowering in the corner.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 02:35:55 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 30, 2019, 09:13:52 pm »

Whilst applying Clay to his victim/patient, the Scribe casually adjusts so he's blocking their view of the cat-person casually lapping at the demon's ally's blood.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Not an update
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2019, 06:51:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Monsters
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2019, 05:06:41 am »

Seeing that his last foe has been incapacitated, Alexander raises his new weapon in front of his helmet, inspecting the freshly-bloodied head.  "A strange tool.  The weight makes it unwieldy, and adds little.  Hmmf."

He then slams it down point-first into the unconscious chief's throat, before picking his machete back up, along with Doga's normal spear.

"I will leave the looting to you." is all he says before he walks to the exit of the cave.

You casually turn the weighty spear over in your hands and half-stab, half-drop into the demon's ample neck. The result is a satisfying crunch and arterial spray, the blood seeming to twist up and around the vertical spear's shaft, coating it utterly.

That done, you retrieve your machete and one of the spears, resting the latter on your shoulder. Past the wounded dogthing quietly wallowing in agony in the corner, and up the stairs into the light of the surface.
You are promptly unloaded from memory and presented with a loading screen. 0%.

Pick up wrapped giftbox and my dagger, proceed to search for cool stuff

You retrieve your dagger and take the gift box.

Giftwrapped Box: A small cardstock box wrapped in black and white striped wrapping paper affixed with scotch tape, topped with a red ribbon. Tacky. It feels light.
[unknown]

Loot from this fight that's not yet accounted for includes:

2 loincloths
1 very bloodsoaked white robe
1 iron-tipped spear
1 odd spear with a metal barrel attached
1 length of rope
1 empty, used syringe

Whether any of that counts as cool stuff is quite honestly a matter of opinion that I'll leave you to discover.

Blood, blood, blood!

To the cheery tune of Blood blood blood, Rakiit will start lapping up the blood of the demon that was cowering in the corner.

Blood, blood-
You home in on the warm, extremely fresh corpse and immediately sink your fangs into the biggest vein your augmented vision can detect.
"bloo-" *crunch* *slurp* "-ood! Blood! Bl-"
While your chant starts out enthusiastic, you get a bit sidetracked. Soon it's forgotten, replaced by an inhuman predatory instinct. You bite deeper, farther into the blood, and rip the flesh free in your sharp, carnivorous teeth. You swallow the meat just to get out of the way faster, only to bite down deeper, seeking the demon's waning blood. before too long the blood is forgotten as well and you gorge yourself on the sweet flesh of the ex-demon. Ripping, tearing, snarling, crunching through bones and swallowing the marrow.

Back at the lab you were few mostly bland cereal and overcooked vegetables, with an occasional piece of raw meat. Just to "test your animalistic adaptations", they said. You thought that the meat was disgusting, but tended to end up eating it anyway.

Eventually the human part of your psyche catches up with what you're eating and you feel like you should stop. You don't really want to, though. Besides, you're hungry.

[-2 Focus: Cognitive Dissonance. Rakiit is "incapacitated" due to negative Focus.]

The Scribe is overwhelmed by... Pity.
Pity that they never stood a chance. They seemed to be pack beasts, and for only one of them to be left alive, if it indeed did survive, would be cruel. If there were other packs, they would kill a loner from another group on sight, as that was the law of scent! He could not merely leave this one to heal on her own.

He was also a creepy, mentally unstable old man with some... Ideas.

"Oh, I'm quite sorry my dear, it was merely a reaction." he purrs soothingly, as he goes about, gathering the fresh Clay from the fresh corpses. If an attempted gather would be on a non-corpse that isn't Dogic, stab it dead, then Gather.

He then goes to the gutless dog-demon and banks on "Man's best friend, even in Hell," by using that fresh clay on her.

"Stay still for me... What is your name?"

Whilst applying Clay to his victim/patient, the Scribe casually adjusts so he's blocking their view of the cat-person casually lapping at the demon's ally's blood.

[Chief: 16. Doga: 14.]

You shred apart the head demon corpse with ease, completely rendering it down into a neat pile of clay. The next one you carefully pull apart, paying close attention to how the demonic flesh strands and loses coloration as you stretch it out.
The final remaining corpse... You correctly deduce that your extremities might be endangered if you tried the pry it from that catlike woman. You may be insane, deranged, delirious, and dangerous, but you certainly can recognize... well, we get the picture.
[+6 Clay]

You approach the wounded demon. After you speak, she rotates he head to an odd position and stares at you with her right eye. Just stares, with an expression that you are not equipped to understand. She starts to breathe faster and slowly begins to open her jaw until it's nearly vertical. The joint in her jaw makes an audible click once it's fully open.
Of course you're a creepy unstable old man with ideas so you decide to heal her anyway. Holding your clump of Clay, you very carefully inch closer, tell her to hold still in the most soothing creepy madman voice you can, and press it into the wound.

The implanted piece of Clay glows softly white, then suddenly begins to form fibers which attach themselves to the edges of the wound, quickly becoming a solid patch. The glow fades, revealing seemingly natural fur and skin. It is as if the wound never existed.
[-1 Clay]

Jaw still held open, the demon inhales sharply and places one hand on the spear laying on the stone floor next to her. She looks at you, still unmoving.

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Monsters
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2019, 05:25:03 am »

Use this opportunity to go open the console and shift three points from Keep-Hold to Go-Through, because it's unlikely for Alexander to die any time soon, and we need someone with spare carry weight.  Plus, KH is only relevant after death, so it's not even retconning anything.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2019, 02:24:56 pm »

"Oh, no, I and my companions mean no harm and you can't speak English, can you. Oh dear."
The Scribe glances around nervously, before giving his warning.
"I would cover my ears if I were you, my Demon is rusty, so I might summon something wrong instead of merely speaking."
"And I might not even be using the right dialect..."

He shakes his head, then begins in a dark, gravelly, unnatural voice that sounds as if it came from the ground at his feet. As his mouth moves, even he hears sounds he does not know the meaning of, but he is certain his point is gotten across.
Ixm Krell LaKoNat, Ixm Hrant-Ny. Ixm Koll-Ny Minkaron. Deranti, Ixm Renatinx-Lrant-Nakunti. Ixm Rekinato - Rontki-Ny.

Spoiler: Translation + Notes (click to show/hide)

Woohoo! Language crafting at its finest!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 06:56:38 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2019, 03:10:01 pm »

Pick up iron tipped spear from loot

Its not proud sarissa, but will do, I assume.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2019, 06:32:57 am »

Ixm Krell LaKoNat, Ixm Hrant-Ny. Ixm Koll-Ny Minkaron. Deranti, Ixm Renatinx-Lrant-Nakunti. Ixm Rekinato - Rontki-Ny.

((I like you.))

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2019, 07:10:07 am »

((Well I can't very well just mush syllables together and expect it to work out - No, I have to make sure I can understand it, even if that means I have to flick through my previous posts in search of what things meant.))
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2019, 02:52:53 am »

Resolve the dissonance.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: and Madmen
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2019, 07:38:41 pm »

Resolve the dissonance.

With no particular method to accomplish this goal, you just close your eyes and try to think about pretty flowers. It's not very effective, but it doesn't take much time for the red glow of blood shining through your eyelids to fade and you start to feel a little more grounded.
[Bloodlust wore off. +3 Focus.]

Pick up iron tipped spear from loot

Its not proud sarissa, but will do, I assume.

You carefully approach the mangled demon corpse and yank the spear out of his cold dead hands.

Use this opportunity to go open the console and shift three points from Keep-Hold to Go-Through, because it's unlikely for Alexander to die any time soon, and we need someone with spare carry weight.  Plus, KH is only relevant after death, so it's not even retconning anything.

As you walk up the slope and into the light, you grip your cross pendant and pray to God for strength. The strength to Go Through.
[3]
You feel bolstered, though uneasy. This is a test after all, you may need to rely on your own strength. What use is physical might without the strength of character to back it up?
[-1 Keep-Hold +1 Go-Through.]

"Oh, no, I and my companions mean no harm and you can't speak English, can you. Oh dear."
The Scribe glances around nervously, before giving his warning.
"I would cover my ears if I were you, my Demon is rusty, so I might summon something wrong instead of merely speaking."
"And I might not even be using the right dialect..."

He shakes his head, then begins in a dark, gravelly, unnatural voice that sounds as if it came from the ground at his feet. As his mouth moves, even he hears sounds he does not know the meaning of, but he is certain his point is gotten across.

Woohoo! Language crafting at its finest!

You speak your warning, but the demon remains unreadable. She reacts slightly to the word "demon", though you can't quite tell what it means. You continue.

You stand, focus yourself, and create an eerie, gravelly, unnatural sound that spreads from your lips to the air to the stone around you, quickly increasing in intensity in some unquantifiable way. In response, the demon jerks her head forwards. You're unprepared and avoidance is impossible.

[The Scribe takes lethal damage... 2.]

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: and Madmen
« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2019, 09:17:35 am »

I wasn't, actually! Thank you!

And I guess I deserve this for attempting to jump over a language/species barrier... Well. Hm.

Everybody might want to hide, given what happened last time I survived Lethal.

Invest 4 Determination into Not Dying. Also, never try to speak Demon again, that stuff roughs up my throat something awful.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17