Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 33740 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Love and Tactics in the Infernal Hereafter
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2019, 05:37:18 pm »

"Oh, I was burned alive. This was, of course, after countless days of isolation as an immobile blob of flesh. Which was preceded by several days of agonizing torture. So, yes, I remember my death, and the days leading up to it, quite vividly. Do you remember dying? Hmm?"

Not that much, perishing in the depths of the sea battling sea monster is not that exciting in real life as for epic poems heroes.

What did you do to get such awful way to die?
Did you break all the laws of gods and men to be so forsaken by all the deities?

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2019, 05:46:06 pm »

"Some would say so. I say that I was furthering humanity. But Nooo! Apparently a few abominations of flesh and bone make my research 'evil'. What can I say? Evolving humanity is a big project. Of course there are going to be a few... mishaps, but it doesn't change the fact that my work is nothing short of miraculous!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Loading...
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2019, 02:13:48 am »

Too much effort spent on one room Y/N
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2019, 09:24:00 am »

Nah, let's find out what the heck is about to try to kill me
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2019, 12:06:10 am »

Kill or kill not, there is no try.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Bugs
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2019, 12:53:36 am »

Alexander hesitates, giving the shopkeeper a suspicious look, but eventually shrugs.  "I suppose the demons can wait to be smited.  Very well.  Girl, shall we go?"

Leave with Rakiit and go investigate the banging, I guess.
Rakiits ear's perk up at the sound of the banging. And her tail twitches as she excitedly looks down the hallway towards it.

Yay! Let's go find out what that is.

Rakiit will go with alexander to investigate the banging

You walk into the hallway to the west.
This hallways runs quite a ways north and west, ending to the west in a large open room, and ending to the north with a metal door. There are a number of metal doors all along the hallway on both sides, but the banging you heard seems to have been coming from the door just north of Hart and Hort.

The door is barred with a metal bar. It could be moved trivially.
Alexander can hear someone talking on the other side of the door.

He stood there, considering what in the Infinite Planes this meant.
And now he had an urge to kill something.
"I'm impatient, and going to slaughter some things! I'll be down the tunnel in front of this one!" he yelled down the tunnel. He then went walking down that East path, hoping to find someone to... Entertain with tales of another world.

Please and put any actions in bold text.

You head down the passage to the east, walking past a fork which runs down south and coming to a wooden door set into the stone.
You turn the handle and push. You feel some slight resistance and hear something tearing, and then the door opens.

The room beyond is different from the others you've seen. The stone that makes up the floor and ceiling is smooth, almost shiny, and slightly reddish. The walls are completely covered in organic growths something like bee or termite hives, and little black bugs the side of your thumb nail crawl and fly around the room constantly.

Three similar but much larger insects are also in the room. They're slightly smaller than a cat, their antenna are very long, their mandibles are sharp, and they have a red and black pattern on their wing cases.
The nearest of these insects turns to face you and raises its wing casings vertically, showing you a pattern like a pair of eyes.

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demitrius (click to show/hide)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Bugs
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2019, 06:39:29 pm »

He let his instincts take hold, and he stared the one bug that noticed him straight in the face as he began chanting from his book of Eldrich script...
Random page again, out loud this time!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Bugs
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2019, 11:12:15 pm »

"...I hear someone speaking on the other side.  They do not sound exceptionally aggressive; I shall open the door.  Stand back, girl, this place is full of danger."

Welp.  Open the door.  Demand whoever is behind it to explain themselves.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Weird S*it
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2019, 01:31:51 am »

"...I hear someone speaking on the other side.  They do not sound exceptionally aggressive; I shall open the door.  Stand back, girl, this place is full of danger."

Welp.  Open the door.  Demand whoever is behind it to explain themselves.

You remove the bar and open the door, revealing a small room containing these two assholes okay I'm only absolutely sure beyond a doubt that one of them is an asshole. You've never seen either of them before so you don't even know that much.

Roleplaying phase initiate.

Also, stats for the metal bar in case you want to pick it up:

Steel Bar: A thick bar of steel which was used to bar a door closed. Could be used as a weapon.
[melee: lethal/AP3 pain3]
[parry+2]
[weight2]

@MidnightJaguar

One of the men in this room... you... recognize him? You are sure that the person in front of you is one Doctor Reid.
But that can't be the case, as Doctor Reid is a woman. Still, besides that fact the man in front of you looks identical to her. You draw your ears back, overcome with hatred for that face.

He let his instincts take hold, and he stared the one bug that noticed him straight in the face as he began chanting from his book of Eldrich script...
Random page again, out loud this time!

[The Scribe opens his Mad Scribe's Last Novel to a random page. 96.]
This page holds only one symbol. A word. Your eyes light up and you scream that word at the top of your lungs!
[The Scribe makes a Resistance skill check. 10.]
[Three Demon Bugs make Resistance skill checks. 10. 12. 11.]

"[meow]"
Upon your proclamation, The two farther away bugs begin to shudder in place in... fear? They frantically wave their antennae around, feeling for something that's not there. The nearest of the bugs begins to shriek and writhe as its flesh rapidly rearranges itself.
[One Demon Bug takes lethal damage. 4.]

That bug implodes into a pile of strange organs and lays still. You smile. The book works!
Then with horror you notice your own flesh shift. Gaping holes appear in your arms and... fur-covered appendages emerge from them. Your hands twist in on themselves impossibly, calcifying and compacting into wicked claws of a shiny black substance.
You pass out...
[The Scribe takes lethal damage... 5.]

(You may now either spend 1 Determination to raise that 5 to a 6, or leave it at 5. This would leave you in a wounded state in which you will die unless treated.
Either way, you lose consciousness.)

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demitrius (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Weird S*it
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2019, 03:03:12 am »

With a hiss her mouth curls back displaying an abnoramlly sharp set of teeth and her tail puffs out and down. He ears are flattened against her skull as she growls. You will die for what you did to me Reid.

Rakiit will Aim and fire until the doctor is dead.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 03:23:41 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2019, 03:05:50 am »

Greetings, strangers, whoever you are.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2019, 03:11:20 am »

With a hiss her mouth curls back displaying an abnoramlly sharp set of teeth and her tail puffs out and down. He ears are flattened against her skull as she growls. You will die for what you did to me Reid.

Rakiit will move to the space directly in front of Alexander Aim and fire until the doctor is dead.

I'm afraid that I'll have to have you clarify if you want to try shooting past Demitrius or just overpenetrate his body to get to Reed.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2019, 03:22:00 am »

This looks like it will inevitably result in conflict, so it's time to roll these initiatives.

Demitrius: 25
Reed: 25
Rakiit: 25
Alexander: 16

With tiebreakers, Demitrius acts first, then Reed does, then Rakiit, then Alexander.

@sprinkled chariot

The woman with cat features readies her gun and screams an accusation and threat at the man standing behind you. You have a moment to act.
(I might recommend getting out of the way.)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2019, 03:27:32 am »

"Well met!  I a--what in the blazes?" Alexander spins around when Rakiit shouts, unconsciously taking a step back so that the wall is between him and the armed man while he's paying attention to the girl, and looks incredulously at her.

After she opens fire and it switches to his turn, he'll grab the iron bar and parry while adjacent to Rakiit, shouting at her to stand down and explain, threatening violence if she doesn't.  He'll also shout at the men in the chamber to stay back.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2019, 03:32:13 am »

This is one the things that Rakiit hate's beyond all reason. Soo collateral damage isn't big in her concern pile right now. Overpentration it is.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17