Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 33317 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: new "friends"
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 08:24:01 pm »

Alexander stiffens, his hands tightening into fists as he looms over the scribe.  "Stay your tounge, blasphemer!  We may not be in the halls of God just yet, but it is by His grace that you have been given this chance to repent your sins.  To insult His worship now is an action of the greatest foolishness!".

Alexander takes a deep breath, gradually relaxing.  "...There is water flowing from the north, it is likely the quickest route to the surface.  There may be something of use past the thin tunnel, but it would be a more dangerous path to take.  Use caution, young maiden; I cannot protect you if you enter that space."

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 11:08:52 am »

So if we died does that mean I'm not in the lab anymore? her tail perks up as she realizes that she might have failed that escape attempt but still got out anyway. She glances at the tunnel the weirdo was talking about. Don't worry, I was the fastest of my gene group. I'll just slip in and get out really quick if there's something that doesn't die to bullets!

Before going in check the LMG's magazine, about how full is the ammo case. Then slip through the passage way gun first and prepare to snapshot anything scary beyond the door.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 03:06:36 am »

Check the path to the north, but do not leave the two heathens behind.

You go a short ways down the north path, finding that the path of the water continues. However, you cannot find the water's source without leaving the others behind.

So if we died does that mean I'm not in the lab anymore? her tail perks up as she realizes that she might have failed that escape attempt but still got out anyway. She glances at the tunnel the weirdo was talking about. Don't worry, I was the fastest of my gene group. I'll just slip in and get out really quick if there's something that doesn't die to bullets!

Before going in check the LMG's magazine, about how full is the ammo case. Then slip through the passage way gun first and prepare to snapshot anything scary beyond the door.

You remove the magazine and weigh it in your hand. Feels about half full. You recall that the magazine is supposed to hold 200 rounds. Hmm. You may have fired this thing a little bit more than you thought you did. Oh well, that's still around 100 bullets in case you have to fight.
You replace the magazine and check the chamber. Good to go.

That done, you carefully set the gun down in front on you, get on your hands and knees, and look down the passage.
[Amph makes a Resistance skill check. 11.]
It... really is quite a tight passage. But you should be able to back out if there's trouble. Your skeleton is quite flexible, after all.

Keeping both hands on your weapon, you wiggle down the passage. When you reach the hatch at its end, you give it a few stout prods with your gun, but it refuses to open.
[Rakiit makes a Perception check. 14.]
You hear muffled voices from the other side, though.
"Hmm? Is someone knocking on the hatch?"
"See? I told you we should keep it open!"
"What, and let the bug demons in? Bloody nuisance. Bet that's all that's knocking on the hatch, anyway."
"Well, let's see then."

Someone raps on the other end of the hatch a few times.
"Hello? Are you a customer?"

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 06:17:05 pm »

"The water leads somewhere, and there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous in that direction.  We should head that way once the maiden returns, unless she finds something of note back there."

Go check the eastern passageway next.  Same distance as the north one; don't leave Cultist McCultyguy and kittyface behind.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 03:26:54 am »

customer, cus-to-mer, this strange foreign word bounces through Rakiit's hyperactive brain before eventually landing on a decision that it must be some foreign insult in this strange land and insults must be met with a suitable reaction. Her tail twitches angrilly as she starts trying to open the door.

Rackit will pop open the hatch and demand to know what kind of slur a customer is and how dare they call her that.

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 01:24:54 pm »

"Yes, it seems she is in an argument with something down there!" the Scribe shouts. "Your name is Alexander, yes? Please, since we seem to be stuck together, call me The Scribe, or just Scribe. I know not the cat-girl's name, but I shall likely call her Thona if she does not reveal it soon. She reminds me of that beast I saw while I was alive, in that plane of twisted flesh..."
Glance into the tunnel, keep an eye on the cat-girl, expecting gunfire.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: the delicate art of diplomacy
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2019, 01:01:35 am »

customer, cus-to-mer, this strange foreign word bounces through Rakiit's hyperactive brain before eventually landing on a decision that it must be some foreign insult in this strange land and insults must be met with a suitable reaction. Her tail twitches angrilly as she starts trying to open the door.

Rackit will pop open the hatch and demand to know what kind of slur a customer is and how dare they call her that.

You give the hatch a good whack with your gun.
[Rakiit makes a Melee Skill check. 11.]
The hatch flies open with a bit of force and you scramble through it into the room beyond.
[Rakiit makes an Agility skill check. 17.]
You quite impressively burst through the hatch, twist in midair as the passage on this side is elevated a bit above the ground, and land on your feet holding your LMG.

You are now standing in a neatly rectangular room, standing behind a counter. Standing next to you is a tall man in somewhat victorian dress, complete with a top hat. His face appears to be that of a young man, and he has an enormous mustache. He's holding an mp5 submachine gun, politely keeping it ready. Behind him is another man, in similar dress but much shorter and stouter.

You gesticulate with your gun while swinging your tail annoyedly.
"Okay, what's that supposed to mean!?"

The taller man carefully takes his hand off the handle of his smg, holding it by the stock.
"...We mean no offense, we merely would like to know if the lady is willing to exchange currency for goods. You know, buying things."

"The water leads somewhere, and there doesn't seem to be anything dangerous in that direction.  We should head that way once the maiden returns, unless she finds something of note back there."

Go check the eastern passageway next.  Same distance as the north one; don't leave Cultist McCultyguy and kittyface behind.

The eastern passageway spits into two paths. One leads to the south, seemingly some ways, while the other leads to a wooden door, sealed tight. Both paths seem fairly artificial.

"Yes, it seems she is in an argument with something down there!" the Scribe shouts. "Your name is Alexander, yes? Please, since we seem to be stuck together, call me The Scribe, or just Scribe. I know not the cat-girl's name, but I shall likely call her Thona if she does not reveal it soon. She reminds me of that beast I saw while I was alive, in that plane of twisted flesh..."
Glance into the tunnel, keep an eye on the cat-girl, expecting gunfire.

You do that. You can hear distorted voices from down the passage. The cat girl sounds a bit miffed.

Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: the delicate art of diplomacy
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 06:28:29 am »

Hey, can I get in?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Changed scalpel to first aid kit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 08:49:09 pm by dragonman7887 »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2019, 05:22:32 pm »

I think there may be some conflict with my catgirl who was created by mad, bodily-experimenting scientists.  She died trying to escape after killing several of them who victimized her.  So.. like, she might try to shoot you on sight.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 05:27:06 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2019, 05:32:35 pm »

((Maybe not on sight, but certainly if he opens his mouth~))

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2019, 05:33:17 pm »

Well, that's fair, considering the good doctor might try to dissect her on sight. At least until he finds demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2019, 07:16:53 pm »

((It's fairly amusing that MJ's current character aggressively hates the exact character archetype he typically plays.))

Return the the scribe's side, and look down the hole that Rakiit went through.

Edit2: Actually, start crawling in now.  If there's people there, Alexander will want to talk with them regardless.

"Do you require assistance?"

((Edit: Dragonman, might I suggest that you change your possession to something a bit more useful, like a first aid kit, or medication?  A scalpel, in this game, is just going to be a poor knife.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 11:10:30 pm »

Her ears perk up at the sight of the contents of a store and her tail curls as she examines the weapons.

Rakiit will examine the contents of the store. If there's any guns or drugs of any kind she'll pick them up like an ex

Oh, so to get things, like those quickmice. Yeah, uh, okay.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 12:14:16 pm »

"Hm. Well, I don't mind the solitude." the Scribe mumbles to himself. "I should warn that you might not fit in there with your fancy plating." he says to Alexander, but, then, he seems too prideful to listen to a "heathen" like him. So he might as well find out what the power thrumming in his book was. Once, he had one of his works used as a necromancer's spellbook - But this felt like it had even greater potential.
Page though the book idly.
[/quote]
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 04:20:10 pm »

Name: Demetrius
Description:  rather athletic bearded macedonian man in white tunic and leather cloak
Method of death: Sunk when ship he captained
was turned over by giant wave  on its way to Alexandria.
Demon: Obsessed with sinking things

Never-Die: 5
Pay-Attention: 9
Go-Through: 3
Move-Quick: 3
Keep-Hold: 3

Accuracy: -2
Melee: +2
Agility: 0
Poise: -2
Resistance: 0
Medical: +0