Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 33307 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: the delicate art of diplomacy
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 04:31:17 pm »

((You only get one useful possession to start with.  The only exception to this has been Alexander, and that's because I said he wss wearing a small golden cross on a chain, as a random bit of flavorful description; DR apparently decided the cross is functional.  Starting with a good weapon, armor, and a flask of oil, however, is just too much.

Also, you have two too many points in skills.  Four +0s, which cost 8, and a +4, which costs 6.  8+6=14, but you only get 12 points for skills.  Stats are fine, though.  Also, I reaaally suggest that you rethink your build a bit, you have minimum speed and stamina, on a melee char who *needs* to get close.  Alexander isn't much faster, but he has platemail and +3 resistance.  You've got worse armor and +0 resistance, with ablative focus as your only real defense against ranged attacks.))

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: the delicate art of diplomacy
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 04:53:30 pm »

Edited stats and inventory

Well, its not melee character, its good ship captain build.  :)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Love and Tactics in the Infernal Hereafter
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 02:58:42 am »

Her ears perk up at the sight of the contents of a store and her tail curls as she examines the weapons.

Rakiit will examine the contents of the store. If there's any guns or drugs of any kind she'll pick them up like an ex

Oh, so to get things, like those quickmice. Yeah, uh, okay.

You pick up exes? Uh, okay. 🤔

You excitedly pick up some sort of autopistol thing, checking it from every angle, taking out the magazine, looking down the sights...

The items displayed on the countertop are as follows:
1: an Uzi, which Rakiit is currently admiring.
2: a couple of hunting rifles.
3: a sawn-off shotgun, with a bizarre two-bladed miniature bayonet?
4: a P90 submachinegun, as syv-bait.
5: 4 kevlar vests stacked on top of each other.
6: a singular flashbang.
7: a few odd, spherical baseball-sized eggs in a basket.
8: a machete. It has signs of wear, but seems to have weathered the elements admirably.

((It's fairly amusing that MJ's current character aggressively hates the exact character archetype he typically plays.))

Return the the scribe's side, and look down the hole that Rakiit went through.

Edit2: Actually, start crawling in now.  If there's people there, Alexander will want to talk with them regardless.

"Do you require assistance?"

You get down, check the passage, and then crawl through, making rather a lot of clanking noise. Out you pop into... a weapons store of some sort? Manned by a pair of men in strange dress which strikes you as rather impractical. Their wares include... mostly objects that you can't recognize. Most of the weapons layed out are vaguely similar to the weapon toted by the animal-eared woman, though smaller than the mechanical beast that she carries.

"Well, now that the lady's friend has arrived, what do you say that we introduce ourselves?"
"Yes yes, it would be rude of us not to make a formal introduction. I am Hart. And he-"
"-is Hort!"
"And welcome to Hart&Hort's!

Both men tip their hats at you in unison.
We sell all sorts of things that you mind need or want, in exchange for Clay."
"Now, if you're new around here, you might not have any Clay. Not to worry though, just East of here there's a nest of fairly weak bug demons."
"Of course, if you're not up for some of the old slay-and-extract, we do also buy. The lady's gun is a rare object in these parts-"

While the taller man is talking, the shorter man has been staring longingly at the gaping hole in Rakiit's clothing.
"A-and of course we would pay handsomely for the lady's services-"
"What? No, no, veto."
"Oh come on, you know I was joking!"
"You were not."

"Hm. Well, I don't mind the solitude." the Scribe mumbles to himself. "I should warn that you might not fit in there with your fancy plating." he says to Alexander, but, then, he seems too prideful to listen to a "heathen" like him. So he might as well find out what the power thrumming in his book was. Once, he had one of his works used as a necromancer's spellbook - But this felt like it had even greater potential.
Page though the book idly.

While those two are off doing... whatever it is that a catgirl and a crusader do down a hole...
Welp, that sounds like innuendo. The Scribe distracts himself from any farther dirty thoughts by opening his book to a random page...
[59]

[The Scribe makes a Resistance skill check! 9.]
The writing seems to swim before your eyes, and shape itself into-
This is going to hurt if you keep reading. You close your eyes.

Then, trying to recall what you were just looking at, you come up blank. You know nothing about the contents of this book. You'll get nothing out of this unless you at least look...
You open your eyes again.
A moment later you drop the book, doubled over on the ground, sick- vomiting.
Before your eyes, the vomit twists and asserts shape. The ex-contents of your stomach fade away and you're left with-
A tiny [kitten]. It [fur] is still slick from emerging from where-ever it emerged from. It emits a faint [meow].

The dropped book is now on the ground, closed, sitting up, as if neatly placed by a librarian. This is an unlikely position for a dropped book to naturally end up in.

Hey, can I get in?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Changed scalpel to first aid kit.

You're not sure how they got out, but they are a little angry. Ahem. Agitated. Yes, the test subjects have breached containment and are agitated.
It's a waste, but to ensure your own safety you'll have to activate the turrets. You swipe your card at the terminal in your safe room, and...
"Access denied"? That's obviously not right, you should have full access to the laboratory you built...

You check your card. It appears to be someone's library card with a sticker on it. Oh, fucking hell.
Then the door to your safe room explodes outwards, sundered by a single strike from the tortured mass of muscle and bone that you crafted.

You back away from the Perfect Creation. Keeping your eyes on it the whole time, inching towards the emergency override...
Your eyes can't follow it, it happens so quickly. Just, one moment its standing by the sundered door, the next you're in its grasp.

The first thing it does is snap off your leg. Slowly, so slowly. It's enjoying this. Monster.
Drawing on reserves of willpower you didn't know you had, you resist screaming, begging for your life. You won't let it win. You are in control.
When it's done removing your legs, it melds its own flesh into yours. Horrifying images fill your head, but you ignore them. When the vision recedes, you have arms and legs again.

And again, and again, and again. But no, you won't give in. You'll retain ownership of your own death.

And so days pass, your body broken hundreds of times in more and more excruciating ways. And then, the monster gives up. One last time your body is remade, but this time as an immobile blob, unable to move or do anything. But you have a mouth. You can still talk, you can yell.
And the Perfect Creation leaves you there.

You can see the sun pass from here, watch the daylight flit through the hole torn in the roof. But you don't bother counting the days. On one of those days, a woman descends from a rope she tells you that she sabotaged your lab, set the test subjects free and made sure you would die. But you didn't die.
You tell her to go to hell. She sighs, soaks your body in kerosene, and tosses a lit match at you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You cling to a barrel full of wool, trying to locate your ship in this storm. You sure don't see it. Lot of splintered wood floating around.

The wind howls, a massive wave crashes over you. You lose your grip and are sent under the waves. All you can see is a mass of blue-green everywhere. You get your bearings and swim back to the surface.
You break the surface and look for something to grab hold of, but there's nothing. All you can see is the sea and the rain.

Then something grabs your ankle and you're yanked downwards. You reach for your sword but find that you can no longer reach it as the lower half of your body is missing. Then your arm is eaten by a massive beak and you pass out.

You awaken. You are in a small, dim room, with a stone roof and walls, and a dirt-covered floor.
Sharing the room with you is a very strangely-garbed man who seems just as confused as you are, as well as a cage containing an old skull and a few bones.

The exit to this room is a large wrought-iron door. Closed and unmoving when you try pushing on it.

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demitrius (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Love and Tactics in the Infernal Hereafter
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 04:10:56 am »

Trident of Poseidon! What a strange set of clothes you wear. Who are you, stranger and where are we? 

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 08:30:59 am »

After looking himself over a few times, Reed glares at the other person, "You may call me Dr. Reed, and I have a sneaking suspicion that we are dead, as I remember dying quite vividly. So in other words, we're not at the renaissance fair anymore, you idiot. So how did you die? Did you fall on you 'authentic' sword?"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 08:33:23 am by dragonman7887 »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 01:26:25 pm »

Renaissance fair? This is something like Serapis cult mysteries in your uneducated barbarian land? And It is rather bold of you, barbarian, to dare calling idiot captain of royal navy.

Last thing I remember was our ship turning over during the storm, no idea, how I ended up here barbarian. But I feel quite alive and determined to see the light of Pharos once again.

Knock the door multiple times
By the name of king Ptolemy, I demand you to release us, whoever you are.

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2019, 01:54:27 pm »

"Barbarian? Funny, coming from the ignorant savage. And I don't think anyone is going let us out of what is clearly a cell, but hey, keep on banging! Maybe you'll break the door down eventually." Reed looks through the bones for anything of interest

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2019, 03:27:16 pm »

4: a P90 submachinegun, as syv-bait.

:F

While the taller man is talking, the shorter man has been staring longingly at the gaping hole in Rakiit's clothing.
"A-and of course we would pay handsomely for the lady's services-"
"What? No, no, veto."
"Oh come on, you know I was joking!"
"You were not."

"Careful where you rest your eyes, little man.  I will not allow you to dishonor this maiden so close to her final reward."  Alexander says while looming over Hort, a dangerous edge creeping into his voice.  "We will smite these demons which you speak of, and perhaps share their vile essence.  Nothing more.  Girl?  We should go."

Leave, presumably with Rakiit.  Make sure she doesn't steal anything from the merchants.  Meet up with the scribe, explain to him that we need to kill bug demons, and then go listen at the door Alexander found earlier.

...And, uh, don't pay too much attention to the [feline] crime against reality that he managed to create.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2019, 07:19:50 pm »

At hearing the suggestion of selling her gun her Rakiit's tail will puff up and point adjacent to her self as she protectively clutches the machine gun putting her finger on the trigger. In a hiss she says. This. Is. Mine. After a moment and seeing that no one actually seems interested in it or is otherwise aggressive towards it, she once again relaxes and her tail starts to sway. Cheerily she asks.

So what do you people want this Clay for anyway? Are you making some pretty sculptures? Oh and how do you extract it? I want to make some pretty sculptures!

After hearing an answer she'll follow the crusader out of the place to go kill some bugs.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2019, 08:56:40 pm »

Renaissance fair? This is something like Serapis cult mysteries in your uneducated barbarian land? And It is rather bold of you, barbarian, to dare calling idiot captain of royal navy.

Last thing I remember was our ship turning over during the storm, no idea, how I ended up here barbarian. But I feel quite alive and determined to see the light of Pharos once again.

Knock the door multiple times
By the name of king Ptolemy, I demand you to release us, whoever you are.

You knock on the door a few times. This results in a knocking sound.

You can tell that the space beyond this door is large, but not completely open. A hallway perhaps. Everything is still directly outside this door, but you can hear faint voices.

"Barbarian? Funny, coming from the ignorant savage. And I don't think anyone is going let us out of what is clearly a cell, but hey, keep on banging! Maybe you'll break the door down eventually." Reed looks through the bones for anything of interest

Well, what you've got here are some bones. Despite the fact that it's really quite dark in here and it could be easy for you to miss things, you are quite certain that this is a simple pile of old bones and nothing more. All the bones are human in origin, and there's far less than a complete skeleton here.

Oh yes, and your survival instincts would like to remind you that you are a puny weakling. The man you share this room with isn't the strongest or most dangerous, but he is considerably more dangerous than you, and is armed. So maybe you should not antagonize him too much.

"Careful where you rest your eyes, little man.  I will not allow you to dishonor this maiden so close to her final reward."  Alexander says while looming over Hort, a dangerous edge creeping into his voice.  "We will smite these demons which you speak of, and perhaps share their vile essence.  Nothing more.  Girl?  We should go."

Leave, presumably with Rakiit.  Make sure she doesn't steal anything from the merchants.  Meet up with the scribe, explain to him that we need to kill bug demons, and then go listen at the door Alexander found earlier.

...And, uh, don't pay too much attention to the [feline] crime against reality that he managed to create.

The shorter man flinches, obviously intimidated by you. The taller man sighs.
"I do apologize for my companion's behavior. He was not gifted with the greatest wisdom or foresight."

At hearing the suggestion of selling her gun her Rakiit's tail will puff up and point adjacent to her self as she protectively clutches the machine gun putting her finger on the trigger. In a hiss she says. This. Is. Mine. After a moment and seeing that no one actually seems interested in it or is otherwise aggressive towards it, she once again relaxes and her tail starts to sway. Cheerily she asks.

So what do you people want this Clay for anyway? Are you making some pretty sculptures? Oh and how do you extract it? I want to make some pretty sculptures!

After hearing an answer she'll follow the crusader out of the place to go kill some bugs.

"The extraction process is a little hard to explain. Let's just say that you'll know what to do."
"Well, hopefully. Some people are naturally more attuned to the stuff than others. Unfortunately this trait is often found in, well, 'unstable' individuals."
"Right! So if you have a crazy bastard with you, let him do the extraction!"

"Now, as to the usage of Clay, it varies. It really is quite nice stuff. The most relevant, though, is the ability to knit together wounds. Simply press a wad of clay into any open wound and it will heal."

Just as you're about to leave, you can hear the banging of metal from the hallway to the west.

"Ah. That is concerning. We don't want to leave the shop unattended, so how about you two go check on that sound for us? We would pay you, of course."

Spoiler: maps (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Reed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demitrius (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2019, 04:51:13 pm »

Well, you mentioned, that you remember your death? What did happen to you?

dragonman7887

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2019, 06:10:04 pm »

"Oh, I was burned alive. This was, of course, after countless days of isolation as an immobile blob of flesh. Which was preceded by several days of agonizing torture. So, yes, I remember my death, and the days leading up to it, quite vividly. Do you remember dying? Hmm?"

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2019, 06:46:03 pm »

He stood there, considering what in the Infinite Planes this meant.
And now he had an urge to kill something.
"I'm impatient, and going to slaughter some things! I'll be down the tunnel in front of this one!" he yelled down the tunnel. He then went walking down that East path, hoping to find someone to... Entertain with tales of another world.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2019, 09:08:15 am »

Rakiits ear's perk up at the sound of the banging. And her tail twitches as she excitedly looks down the hallway towards it.

Yay! Let's go find out what that is.

Rakiit will go with alexander to investigate the banging
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17