Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 33301 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Dangerous
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2019, 01:57:40 am »

Engage in philosophical debate with demonic cat hand of scribe and BRUTALLY DESTROY IT WITH REASON AND LOGIC

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2019, 08:42:48 am »

Defend cat hand, using cat hand itself as a weapon! Sorry, Nyarthlotep, you're still my arm, got a use you real quick...
"Logic and reason go quickly out the window around me and this plane, I believe you'll find. Say, would YOU like to try being something like me? I should have the page marked here somewhere..."
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2019, 10:02:48 am »

Climb a tree and survey the landscape.

We should find more demons to fight that was fun.

((Yeah I’m defiantly still interested))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Scouting
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2019, 10:11:38 pm »

((I've just been bad at foruming lately, life and such.))

Alexander falls to his knees upon looking up at the sky, dropping his weapons and raising his hands above him in a pleading gesture.  "The heavens...!  I was correct, the final tribulation is upon us, a war between Heaven and Hell, demons running free across the Earth!  Haaah, this is...!  Hahah!"

Alexander doubles over, clutching at his helmet with both hands, panting and making a sound somewhere between laughter and crying.  After a minute, he begins to calm, clasping both hands in front of him, before he begins to pray in Latin.

Pray for guidance.

[4]

Hands clasped, eyes shut, you feel something far greater than yourself hook into your mind. Some limb of a fathomless, unknowable being takes hold of your faith and begins to pull. You feel your soul leave, lifted up from your body, and though without eyes you look down at the world below.
You see four knots, a knot of red, a knot of white, a knot of blue, and a knot of green, where your soul resides. Beneath and within these four knots is one final, grey knot, singular and integral to each of the others.
Somewhere near, you sight... new growth. Not a full knot, like the others, for now just a simple bud growing from the whole. Parts of this growth leech into the other knots, infecting and knawing at them like some cancer. Despite this, you feel some... kinship? The growth feel like a part of you, and you a part of it.

You feel a murmor at the back of your mind. A whisper from that massive being you feel latched to your mind. Though it speaks in no tongue you know, it's meaning is clear:
Where do you wish to be guided to, and what do you wish to learn?

Engage in philosophical debate with demonic cat hand of scribe and BRUTALLY DESTROY IT WITH REASON AND LOGIC
Defend cat hand, using cat hand itself as a weapon! Sorry, Nyarthlotep, you're still my arm, got a use you real quick...
"Logic and reason go quickly out the window around me and this plane, I believe you'll find. Say, would YOU like to try being something like me? I should have the page marked here somewhere..."

For the sake of you all being in the same place, the Scribe wanders up to the surface where Dmitri and the rest are. Welcome to Marsin, everyone.

Now, Dmitri attempts to argue with Nyars, hoping to disprove its existence or... something. Nyars naturally takes issue with this and lashes out (not without the help of an annoyed Scribe.)
[Nyarthlotep attacks. 10.]
The Scribe's unearthly appendage lashes out, its fangs barely scraping by Demetrius's face! It snarls and whips back for another strike!
[Nyars tries again! 10.]
Despite the feline's rage, Demetrius manages to deflect the second blow and again avoids damage.

Climb a tree and survey the landscape.

We should find more demons to fight that was fun.

[Rakiit looks for a tall tree. 15.]
[Rakiit clambers up a tall tree. 13.]

Ignoring (through some willpower) the slightly amusing and disturbing shenanigans of the rest of the party, you find a tree that looks pretty tall and easy to climb that would make a good vantage point. You climb it almost effortlessly, and take in the view from a tall branch.

• Far, far to the south you see an unfathomably large object, a grey wall that stretches up into the sky and off into the distance east and west. Though it's hard to make out at this distance, it seems to be one large building.
  • Much closer, you spot a tall black tower. It's made from shiny dark stone and has many balconies up and down its height. You catch glimpses of little fliers going to and fro.
  • You spot several plumes of smoke, most likely corresponding to settlements of some sort. They're all more distant than the tower, though.
  • There are lots more clearings in the forest, many of them seem to be flooded.
Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Scouting
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2019, 01:24:48 am »

Stab scribe with sword, spend 4 determination on it

So it has come to this, madman

edited
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:04:33 am by sprinkled chariot »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2019, 01:26:26 am »

You can't use Focus that way.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2019, 01:16:02 pm »

If things get violent Rakiit will jump down the trees and watch. Otherwise, she will tell the group there's a big tower nearby that looks like it's full of things to kill.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2019, 07:26:19 pm »

The demons.  Danger, their champions, the source of their strength, whatever weapons make them believe they have a chance against the divine... and Salvation.  Not Salvation for Alexander, but for his companions, these innocent people who have not heard the word of God.  He must kill the demons, and he must save these souls.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Salvation
« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2019, 09:51:58 pm »

The demons.  Danger, their champions, the source of their strength, whatever weapons make them believe they have a chance against the divine... and Salvation.  Not Salvation for Alexander, but for his companions, these innocent people who have not heard the word of God.  He must kill the demons, and he must save these souls.

The entity with you pauses for a moment, turning over you request and considering its intricacies. Then, your mind is hit with an enormous amount of information, so dense that you can almost feel the weight, pulling down on you.
[-1 Keep-Hold.]
You see... creatures, large and small. Birds, lizards, bugs, dogs. You see their bodies, their minds. Food, survival, reproduction, and many more complicated things. Things that would eat your guts for fun or make lively conversation. You see a hundred languages that you could never speak, each with its own context, a different way of seeing the world.
[Gained Knowledge of Demons.]

A much more compact thought drifts into your mind, as well, practically an afterthought. You see that man who calls himself the Scribe. His image splits into two scribes and they both begin to change. The Scribe on the left sprouts feathers and a beak, his flesh reforming to resemble a humanoid bird. In this form, his eyes are dark orbs filled with both madness and serenity. The Scribe on the right, meanwhile, [transitions into the form of a small kitten. It mews plaintively.]
The image of the Bird-Scribe fades away, while the [Kitten]-Scribe remains.

You snap back awake, lying on your back, the sky above you. The chain around your neck is gripped tightly in your right hand, which you open only to find that your cross pendant is gone. All that remains is ash.

Stab scribe with sword, spend 4 determination on it.

"So it has come to this, madman."

[Dimitri takes a very Determined stab at it. 20.]
[Having speed left over from it's own turn, Nyars counterattacks. 10.]

Stabbing someone with a curved sword is uh, not actually what curved swords are designed for, so instead you sidestep another attack from his arm and strike the Scribe's head off. His lifeless body slumps to the ground.
[The Scribe dies. Corruption: 4.]
Naturally, killing him isn't enough to stop Nyars, which is technically a [seperate creature. It detaches itself from the Scribe's elbow, growling angrily.]

If things get violent Rakiit will jump down the trees and watch. Otherwise, she will tell the group there's a big tower nearby that looks like it's full of things to kill.

You gracefully flop out of the tree, landing on all fours. From there you relax, laying on your chest with your head tilted up to watch the fight.

[Nyars pounces towards Demetrius. 8.]
[Demetrius takes the chance to counterattack. 17.]

The now disembodied [kitten] leaps forwards, trying to claw Demetrius's face off. The swordsman reacts quickly, bisecting the creature with his sword before it can touch him.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:57:17 pm by Egan_BW »

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Salvation
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2019, 05:22:31 pm »

ALRIGHTY PAL NOW YOU WENT AND KILLED ME
MY TURN
Check self. What did I just wake up as? Because killing me ain't gonna kill me so easily.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2019, 07:29:55 pm »

Alexander lowers his hands, and quiets, breathing steadily.  He slowly looks up to the sky, inspecting the chaotic war of winds and rain, his expression hard under his helmet.  The knight nods once, the movement slow and deliberate, then he picks up his weapons and stands up, before turning to face the cave mouth.

Return to the cave, and charge at the scribe--smite the [catlike] being that has been born from his flesh, using the machete as many times as necessary to destroy the monster!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2019, 04:09:56 am »

Take defensive stance, if scribe is somehow alive still

Worthless madman

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: ca eaa ba
« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2019, 07:01:59 pm »

ALRIGHTY PAL NOW YOU WENT AND KILLED ME
MY TURN
Check self. What did I just wake up as? Because killing me ain't gonna kill me so easily.

[6]
You're woke by the sight of one of the tiny suns twinkling down upon your befeathered carapace. You open your beak and tweet out a good hello for the world!
"Cockadoodle doo, I'm new!"
Sitting on your tree arm, you clack your beak satisfyingly. Clack clack clack.

Suddenly, you feel the urge to take your book in your cattish left hand. You reach out for it, but it's not there! Only this bird book with a bird on the cover and bird text on it which says, roughly translated, "Bird Facts".

[+1 Melee]
[Select stats or skills to increase by 3 points.]

Alexander lowers his hands, and quiets, breathing steadily.  He slowly looks up to the sky, inspecting the chaotic war of winds and rain, his expression hard under his helmet.  The knight nods once, the movement slow and deliberate, then he picks up his weapons and stands up, before turning to face the cave mouth.

Return to the cave, and charge at the scribe--smite the [catlike] being that has been born from his flesh, using the machete as many times as necessary to destroy the monster!
Take defensive stance, if scribe is somehow alive still

"Worthless madman."

What are you two talking about, he's clearly dead. The Scribe's corpse lay slumped on the ground by the cave entrance, missing a head and an arm. There's no reason to expect him to just-

[57]
[2]

The corpse twitches. The skin tears open in hundreds of places, tiny feline claws sticking out. A loud purring can be heard as the body jerks about as if something inside is trying to get out.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: ca eaa ba
« Reply #194 on: June 23, 2019, 03:40:39 am »

Take defensive stance with spear and poke poke poke trying to stay outside of this thing reach
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17