Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 33634 times)

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: ca eaa ba
« Reply #195 on: June 23, 2019, 03:23:44 pm »

Wow! He felt STELLAR!
Never before had The Scribe been so optimistic about his situation!
Something about this new form... Fit. His mind matches his body matched his soul~ Indeed, this sensation was indescribable.

In his clarity, he realized something. He was lonely. Before, no others could possibly understand him. Now, thinking back to the dog pack, there were surely others of his kind. That chance to understand and be understood glared at him.
He had to find his flock.

Flip through Bird Facts, see if there's any notes about where a flock of Birdfolk might nest. Then go there!
If there's no information, simply trust in my instincts.

(Melee, Accuracy to 0)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 04:42:56 pm by KitRougard »
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: ca eaa ba
« Reply #197 on: June 23, 2019, 11:22:06 pm »

Rakit will shoot the emerging Kitty with 3 bullets

Bad Kitty!
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Accurate Intel
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2019, 04:37:26 am »

Kill it!
Take defensive stance with spear and poke poke poke trying to stay outside of this thing reach
Rakit will shoot the emerging Kitty with 3 bullets

Bad Kitty!

[13, 8, 10, 8. 2, 2, 4, 3.]
Alexander and Demetrius both rip into the emerging whatever with their weapons, striking it repeatedly. Though how effecting those strikes are is hard to tell, what with the target being a shifting and writing mass of flesh possessed by otherworldly forces which generally refuse to obey normal physics.
The point is moot; Rakiit triple-taps it despite the close proximity of her "friends". Thankfully they're not struck by the bullets themselves, because that's not how we do things around here. Having sustained a remarkable amount of damage in a short period of time, the Scribe's corpse collapses into a mess of moderately identifiable, definitely contaminated inert meat.

To make sure, Alexander slams his machete down into the mass. It doesn't visibly react any differently from an inert gore-pile, which generally indicates something being dead. Usually I mean. How would you know? It's eldritch bullshit, it could just cheat and come back to life. At least one of you three thinks back to the phrase "that is not dead which may eternal lie". Not that you know what that implies exactly, but you've definitely heard that said before!

Interrupting this fascinating (to me) train of thought, Rakiit hears something. A loud buzzing from above, which corresponds to the silhouette of a large beetle. Rakiit points it out to the others. The creature is the size of a large dog and hovers lazily over the clearing.

Wow! He felt STELLAR!
Never before had The Scribe been so optimistic about his situation!
Something about this new form... Fit. His mind matches his body matched his soul~ Indeed, this sensation was indescribable.

In his clarity, he realized something. He was lonely. Before, no others could possibly understand him. Now, thinking back to the dog pack, there were surely others of his kind. That chance to understand and be understood glared at him.
He had to find his flock.

Flip through Bird Facts, see if there's any notes about where a flock of Birdfolk might nest. Then go there!
If there's no information, simply trust in my instincts.

(Melee, Accuracy to 0)

You check your handy book full of very accurate facts about birds, naturally just flipping to a random page. It contains information on Birdmen.

Birdmen are very smart and handsome avian people who are especially skilled in conjuring up various magic thingies. They generally live alone due to a tendancy to develop crazy mad theories about the mystical subject matter and thus find it hard to agree with each other on anything. The book goes on a short tangent explaining that the facts contained in the true bird fact tome are definitely all true and you shouldn't trust any other bird facts. Back on track, Birdmen rarely meet each other except for the purpose of reproduction, which the book claims "works like humans". You're not entirely sure why the book would say that; humans are invasive. Raising of the little Birdman is handled by whichever parent is more enthusiastic, or whichever one wins the fight in cases of extreme mutual enthusiasm.
Most birdmen apparently like to build houses in trees, like the one you're currently curled up on. You look around. There are a lot of trees around here! If you just wander aimlessly, you'll be sure to find a Birdman before too long!

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Accurate Intel
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2019, 04:58:58 am »

Alexander stands up and looks over the mess of gore, breathing heavily.

"We should leave corrupt place.  There is nothing here for us, and yet more demons remain.  Come."

Leave the cave immediately.  Upon noticing the flying bug, he'll attack it with the spear if it's in range, or just walk away while watching it otherwise. Specifically, he'll walk towards the smoke plumes that Rakiit spotted earlier.

((Alexander isn't taking note of either of these things, and would probably burn them as corruption if he did notice them, but the scribe left behind his book of insane ramblings, and five bits of clay.  Someone should prolly loot those.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2019, 12:33:29 pm »

Rakiit will keep a wary eye on the bug, but otherwise will scamper towards the smoke with Alexander.

That things mean. We should find more things like that and murder them!
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2019, 02:55:00 pm »

By the beard of Hades, strangers, truly poet says : “Say not a word in death's favor; I would rather be a paid servant in a poor man's house and be above ground than king of kings among the dead."
    Ah, I keep forgetting, that I ended up in society not enlightened by  Homer. 

Follow the group, OwO

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 09, 2019, 05:39:19 am »

Is there room for more characters? If not, I can watch

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2019, 03:39:41 am »

You can join if you like.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2019, 07:02:01 am »

Name: Darla Edelman
Description: Skinny, green eyes, black hair. She was a princess of the House of Edelman. Her mother, Queen Dory Edelman, feared losing her power. When Darla learned of this, she quit drinking everything from the castle, fearing it was poison. She carried a bottle with her to collect water from the most. She also tried eating less from the castle too, trying to fish for food instead. She knew the most couldn’t be poisoned because it feeds into a river that brings water to the rest of the capital and loops back to the dam. Unknown to her, the Queen’s sister visited the kingdom during the night and snuck some poison into Darla’s water bottle. When Darla drank from it, she started off normal, but over time everything she did got slower until she died near the most where she fished.
Method of death: Poisoned by a member of her family
Demon: she overthinks things

Never-Die: 5
Pay-Attention: 5
Go-Through: 4
Move-Quick: 4
Keep-Hold: 5

Accuracy: 0
Melee: -1
Agility: 0
Poise: 0
Resistance: 0
Medical: -1
Extraction: 0

Determination: 5/5
Focus: 5/5
Stamina: 4/4
Speed: 4/4
Corruption: 0/5

Weapon: kick [melee: pain4 knockdown stamina1]
Armor: 1 set of clothes
Weight: how do I figure this out?
Inventory: 1 set of clothes, an empty bottle

I think I messed up something, how is weight calculated, and do the clothes you start with count as weak armor? And why are lunch and kick classified as items?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 08:08:40 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2019, 07:23:28 am »

You can always punch or kick provided that you still have the requisite body parts. :P
Weight is just the net weight of all the items you have. Normal clothing isn't really counted, doesn't have weight or value as armor. You don't have to worry too much about it, as I manage the character sheets myself.
You should start with one item of your choice besides clothing. It can be whatever you want, doesn't have to be from the list. If you want something that's not in the rules, I'll just make stats for it. I've also been in the habit of giving new characters another item or something past that, to help differentiate them.

Do you want to provide any extra information about your character? As it is, she could be pretty much anyone from anywhere in the multiverse. I'm likely to flesh that out a bit myself when I introduce her, but without your input I can't guarantee it'll be what you're going for.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: Consequences of a 6
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2019, 02:54:05 am »

Alexander stands up and looks over the mess of gore, breathing heavily.

"We should leave corrupt place.  There is nothing here for us, and yet more demons remain.  Come."

Leave the cave immediately.  Upon noticing the flying bug, he'll attack it with the spear if it's in range, or just walk away while watching it otherwise. Specifically, he'll walk towards the smoke plumes that Rakiit spotted earlier.

((Alexander isn't taking note of either of these things, and would probably burn them as corruption if he did notice them, but the scribe left behind his book of insane ramblings, and five bits of clay.  Someone should prolly loot those.))

Alexander silently watches the insect hovering overhead. After a second, he sheathes the machete in his hand and reaches over his shoulder, taking the demon-made spear in hand. He holds it over his head one-handed with the grip at it's middle point, eyes still focused on the flying demon.
[The crusader hurls his spear at the drone. 13.]
[The drone takes lethal damage.  1.]
A moment later, it's over, and the monstrous beetle tumbles from the sky in a rain of ichor. With a hideous crunch, the corpse smashes into the ground, neatly impaled by the spear.
[3]
Alexander approaches the corpse and tries to yank the spear free, but the motion causes the wooden haft to splinter and snap, rendering the weapon mostly useless. No great loss.

Rakiit will keep a wary eye on the bug, but otherwise will scamper towards the smoke with Alexander.

That things mean. We should find more things like that and murder them!

By the beard of Hades, strangers, truly poet says : “Say not a word in death's favor; I would rather be a paid servant in a poor man's house and be above ground than king of kings among the dead."
    Ah, I keep forgetting, that I ended up in society not enlightened by  Homer.

Follow the group, OwO

The group quickly leaves the clearing, headed in the general direction of the nearest plume of smoke. Alexander leads the way, clearing a path with his machete. Thanks to the overgrowth and wet ground, progress is slow and it's difficult to move in a straight line.
[6]
Several times Rakiit has to climb a tree to check that they're moving in the right direction. One such time, just as she's preparing to climb back down, she notices a hollow in the tree's trunk and checks inside, curious.

Waht she finds is another dog demon. Unlike the ones Rakiit saw earlier, this one is much smaller, only the size of an adolecent human. It watches Rakiit and makes a scared chirp which doesn't sound very canine.

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Consequences of a 6
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2019, 07:14:13 am »

look around, listen, smell
Where am I and what is around me?

sprinkled chariot