Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Tactical Hell: ...  (Read 33297 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Consequences of a 6
« Reply #210 on: August 17, 2019, 01:13:33 pm »

But there’s a small dog thing up in this one.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: Consequences of a 6
« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2019, 04:23:56 pm »

Okay!

Rakiit will try to do a sick 360 no scope as she scampers back down the tree.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: The Emerald Raptor
« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2019, 07:13:08 pm »

look around, listen, smell
Where am I and what is around me?

You're sitting by the river bank, having set up a basic camp. You've gutted a couple fish you caught earlier in the day, and they're roasting over the fire.
You just... had to leave the castle. It's your mother, she's not well. She's become obsessed, fearful. Some say, God forbid, mad. The queen is terrified of losing her power, and of dying. And she knows that when she does die, her power will go to you...
So it's best for both of your sakes that you stay away. You've found a farming couple who are kind enough to let you live on their land, and not ask too many questions. You have access to the river. Clean water, fish to eat... you'll be fine, living on your own, for now.

The sun is setting. You have a meal and a sip of water, and watch as the stars come out. They're... fuzzy. You blink, trying to focus your eyes. The sound of the river beside you fades away and becomes muffled. Sensing something is wrong, you begin to stand but can't keep your balance and tumble face-first into river bank, losing conciousness on impact.

A cosmically indefinable amount of time later, you awaken somewhere entirely different. The sandy loam of the river bank is replaced by an uneven and damp forest floor. The open night sky is replaced by a canopy of strange and alien trees which occlude the sky almost entirely. The gentle burble of the river is replaced by...
The subtle sound surrounding you is diffult to understand. It seems to come from the very sky itself, like a distant rumble of thunder. It is constant, almost below notice, but unlike any sound- you suspect any sound that could happen on earth. Like distant angels dueling, or ideals running together like soup. It is the sound of reality grinding aginst itself.

More immediately pressing, you hear what sounds like a giant bird rapping. You press yourself against a tree and take a peek and... yeah, that's pretty much what's happening.
A colorful-blue green humanoid bird is screaming at three other people in a langauge you don't understand. The other people are an armored knight or man-at-arms, a bearded swordsman, and a tall woman with feline ears and tail. Maybe another animal person? Though this one looks much more human, like a person with animal features. She's protectively holding... some... kind of device? Your ears are ringing for some reason...

Roll the black die to test if gods favour me

You roll the die in your hand and the result is... 13. Somehow you're not quite sure, all thirteen dots fit onto a single face of the die, equally spaced from each other in a symetrical pattern.
Turning the die over, you note that all the faces now read the same.

Grab one of the other dog spears before leaving, there were several spares as I recall.

"Girl!  What is taking you so long?  You best hurry up, it is dangerous to tarry in this accursed realm!"

"Okay!"

Rakiit will try to do a sick 360 no scope as she scampers back down the tree.

[Agility: 16]
[Accuracy: 4]
[5]

Rakkit drops backwards out of the air, does a twirl in midair, unslings her machinegun, and fires the firearm wildly off into the air. Thankfully it doesn't hit anyone.
Just after her, leaping from a hidden spot up among the higher branches, a wild mass of blue-green feathers follows her.

The creature resembles a bird in the shape of a man, with its entire body covered in messy and colorful feathers, and its arms and legs terminating in four-toed talons. It has a hooked beak like a parakeet and black orbs for eyes.
Unmistakably the eyes of an intelligant creature; it is wearing loose grey robes and has a shortsword sheathed at its hip. Additionally, two softball-sized glass orbs float beside it, suspended in air by some unknown force.

As soon as it lands, the birdman begins screeching, a sound something like an old man reciting The Canterbury Tales crossed with an angry mockingbird. Alexander understands the speech for what it is and his mind involuntarily translates... his... words. This man is telling your group to leave his daughter alone.

Xeriak the birdman takes on a strange stance, placing his hands together. A raven-black tuft of feathers pokes out from between his talons.

Ali the doggirl stays quiet up in her tree, and puts her hand on her knife.

It's Rakiit's turn.

Spoiler: turn order (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darla (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: The Emerald Raptor
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2019, 10:52:43 am »

"...Step back, girl.  It can speak."

Alexander speaks quietly, before nodding, then twirling his spear and stabbing it tip-first into the dirt.  Then he raises his machete slightly, pointing it loosely at the bird man.

"Very well!  We shall not harm your spawn, but in return, you shall assist us!  There is smoke nearby, from s... From what?  What burns?  And that tower, in the distance, what is it?  I will know if you lie to me, demon.  And I do not suffer manipulations lightly."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2019, 11:23:44 am »

Quote from: GM
It's Rakiit's turn.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2019, 01:12:23 pm »

That just means that if Alexander does a combat-relevant action, it'll happen after whatever Rakiit does. He can still speak out in time to influence what she does.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2019, 03:52:00 pm »

By the beard of Zeus, I did not expect to get into such adventure

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2019, 06:36:03 pm »

He woke up again. Bird Jesus this new form was disorienting.
Aight, let's go treetop-hopping! My mind feels opened enough to be accepting of whatever theories my people have of themselves!
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2019, 06:38:00 pm »

Darla gets a bit closer, trying not to be noticed, and observes what’s happening

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:45 pm »

Rakiit will dance away from the big birdman back to the protective bulk of Alexander and keep her weapon ready in case the birdman charges.

Hi bird thing! I didn't mean to impinge on your fight.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Tactical Hell: In which not much happens sorry
« Reply #221 on: September 26, 2019, 01:21:11 am »

Rakiit will dance away from the big birdman back to the protective bulk of Alexander and keep her weapon ready in case the birdman charges.

Hi bird thing! I didn't mean to impinge on your fight.

You move out of the way, appologizing. If the bird understands what you say, it doesn't show it.

By the beard of Zeus, I did not expect to get into such adventure

K.

You spy something moving somewhere behind you. You're not quite sure what, and it hides itself behind a tree before you can focus on it, but it was fairly large.

"...Step back, girl.  It can speak."

Alexander speaks quietly, before nodding, then twirling his spear and stabbing it tip-first into the dirt.  Then he raises his machete slightly, pointing it loosely at the bird man.

"Very well!  We shall not harm your spawn, but in return, you shall assist us!  There is smoke nearby, from s... From what?  What burns?  And that tower, in the distance, what is it?  I will know if you lie to me, demon.  And I do not suffer manipulations lightly."

You plant your spear and hold up your other weapon in a not-entirely unthreatening guesture. Once you're done speaking, the demon replies.
Again, it speaks its own, demonic language, which reforms itself in your mind. Uncomfortably, a mechanism that's not truly your own translates the alien tongue.

["Slower. I can't make your sounds, you can't make my sounds. But we can talk because we understand each other's sounds, yes? But you will have to speak slowly. I understand a little. The tower, right? You should stay away from it. Stay away from the tower."]

Darla gets a bit closer, trying not to be noticed, and observes what’s happening

You quickly move up to a closer tree. Those others seem pretty distracted, but there's lots of them to potentially notice you.

He woke up again. Bird Jesus this new form was disorienting.
Aight, let's go treetop-hopping! My mind feels opened enough to be accepting of whatever theories my people have of themselves!

Onwards to adventure! You find that your new body is well-suited to this overgrown enviroment, climbing trees and jumping from limb to limb.
But... you don't really have anything to go on, just yet. From your explorations, you manage to find the edge of a large village, full of structures made from various materials. Local wood, rocks presumably dredged from below, even a few anomalously even marble blocks. Various dogpeople go about their business while a quite large and strong dogman stands guard, armored and armed.
A settlement this large probably doesn't have any birdpeople living here, as they prefer to live alone. However, you might be able to ask around and get information.
You might also to contend with that dogman... male dogpeople tend to be fairly territorial, and you don't quite blend in.

There's something else, scratching the back of your skull. It feels as if Hell granted you some new piece of knowledge, something that doesn't really belong to you. When you focus on it, that seed blossoms out, creating... something like a new limb, a new ability. You hear the world murmoring to you with greater clairity than ever before, but you feel just on the verge of truly understanding.
Heed the whispers?

Spoiler: Map! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alexander (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rakiit (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Demetrius (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darla (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Scribe (click to show/hide)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tactical Hell: In which not much happens sorry
« Reply #222 on: September 26, 2019, 01:27:47 am »

continue to watch them from my current position.
I don’t know where I am, or whether these people are aggressive. I’d better watch them for a bit

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2019, 02:07:40 am »

yell HEY YOU THERE BEHIND THE TREE, I DID SEE YOU, YOU BETTER COME OUT AND SHOW YOURSELF

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2019, 02:42:54 am »

Step out from behind the tree
“Hi. Do you have any idea where I am? Something I drank made me fall asleep and I woke up here. What’s going on here?”
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17