Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: (adventure) where do dwarfs store (stored) artifacts  (Read 599 times)

splatdeathbanana

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
(adventure) where do dwarfs store (stored) artifacts
« on: February 10, 2019, 04:42:07 pm »

trying to find a (stored) artifact but i cant find where it is stored in a dwarf fortress, any tips?

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (adventure) where do dwarfs store (stored) artifacts
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 03:30:28 pm »

My educated guess would be in their own personal inventory or on their dead bodies...

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 03:56:19 pm »

In general they just carry them around on their person right now (which of course gets a bit silly when you come to artifact thrones, coffins, weapon racks, etc. :P) This will change with the next release, where at least some of them will be stored in specialized forts.

EDIT: Nvm, missed the part where you explicitly stated it was "stored". Could be wrong, but I think stored artifacts are generally just lying around the site in some random spot, so if it's a sizeable fortress you may have to invest some time looking for this artifact. Again, this will change with the next release when stored artifacts should become more obvious.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:40:51 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 09:43:59 pm »

In general they just carry them around on their person right now (which of course gets a bit silly when you come to artifact thrones, coffins, weapon racks, etc. :P) This will change with the next release, where at least some of them will be stored in specialized forts.

EDIT: Nvm, missed the part where you explicitly stated it was "stored". Could be wrong, but I think stored artifacts are generally just lying around the site in some random spot, so if it's a sizeable fortress you may have to invest some time looking for this artifact. Again, this will change with the next release when stored artifacts should become more obvious.

They dont put them on pedestals in dwarf fortresses yet? Because thats where i would check in every other site, eg meadhalls, in the middle of temples etc.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com