Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Medieval Minimalist RTD: The Storm - turn 1  (Read 2681 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Medieval Minimalist RTD: The Storm - turn 1
« on: February 11, 2019, 10:40:47 am »

You are a person. You live in a random-boring village of no consequence whatsoever in the grand scheme of things. You have a house, probably a job, maybe a family, and as of right now, you are looking out the window, or just staring at the sky. There’s a particularly nasty storm on the way.
Unbenknownst to you, this storm is a bearer of bad things. Those things will probably try to kill you.
Can you survive the Storm?
Only time shall tell.

This is a bog standard RTD, with a twist: Once the Storm ends, all players win. To do this, you shall create your Character sheets, read the rules for approx. 4 seconds, and begin to make the spchaos so mich more beautiful, and delicious. You shall post actions in this thred, and I shall roll a 6 sided die to determine the outcome. The possible rolls are thus:

1: miserable failiure. Absolute disgrace. Complete catastrophe. Probably injury. Possible death.
2: Failiure, but... less failiure-y than 1. You probably won’t instantly die, at least. It all depends on the circumstances.
3: Neither a complete failiure, or a complete success. Not much happens.
4: Success! Could be better though.
5: Perfect! Absolutely perfect! It could be neither any worse, or better! Everything is going according to plan!
6: Overshoot. Beautiful, delicious Success, but with immediate consequences, unless I can’t find a way to add any consequences to your current situation, in which case You got lucky this time, boyo, but trust me, ye’re not gon’ te get lucky again ya bloody lucky bastard.

This is your character sheet:

Name:
As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD:
Greatest fear:

So then! Make your sheets, and go forth! Fight! DEATH! LET THE DOGS BE SHOWN YOUR TRUE STRENGTH UNDER THE TWILIGHT OF THE STORM!

(no pumpkins, please)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 05:03:09 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Character sheets.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:20 am »

Name: Tim
As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD: Girl with a perchant for setting things on fire, even when they shouldn't be.
Greatest fear: Death
Name: Aeda The Blacksmith
As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD: A half Norse, half Anglo-Saxon who's a local blacksmith. Has a bushy beard.
Greatest fear: Ducks that are spying on him/Anatidaephobia
Name: Jimmy Nix
As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD: A young, large, rather simple lad who's obsessed with picking up heavier and heavier objects.
Greatest fear: Pretty girls
Name: John
As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD: A farmer.
Greatest fear: Famine.

bring the chickens inside the house they will be safer there.
Name: Random McBoring
As much of a backstory as you can be bothered to come uo with for a minimalist RtD: An unimpotant individual with no bearing on society whatsoever who can’t take a joke.
Greatest fear: THE DEATH OF ME PRECIOUS GUBBINS
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:07:28 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Minimalist RTD: The Storm (Recruitment phase)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 10:49:14 am »

As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD: Girl with a perchant for setting things on fire, even when they shouldn't be.

Fire, just Fire for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 11:05:39 am by TricMagic »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:03:40 am »

HOARD MY PRECIOUS GUBBINS IN THE CELLAR
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 11:39:25 am »

As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD: A half Norse, half Anglo-Saxon who's a local blacksmith. Has a bushy beard.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 12:13:29 pm »

As much as I want to deeply misinterprit this, you have to fill the all-important character sheet of importance and doom before you throw yourself into my loving claws.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 03:33:01 pm »

As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD: A young, large, rather simple lad who's obsessed with picking up heavier and heavier objects.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Minimalist RTD: The Storm - Turn 1
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 05:02:53 pm »

Turn 1

You’re sitting at home, making some soup. You, in truth, don’t need as much soup as you have in the pot, but it meant you had an excuse to build up the fire to this height. It’s beautiful. It shines in your eyes, piercing your soul. The familiar small of qoodsmoke wafts towards you, mixed with the scnt burning soup. So warm. So bright. So... what’s that noise?
You take a gander out the window of your very much stone house, and see the most enormous and terrifying storm you have ever seen in your life. It is coming towards you, blocking out the sun. You feel your heart burn. You feel the flames within you. You will burn it all.
So many choices... so flammable... There’s your neighbors house, any number of old sheds and fences... or the village square itself. So many choices, so much to burn...

You’re alone. The room is dark, but the forge itself is bright as can be. You take your hammer and tongs, and beat the horse-shoe into shape. Finally, you deem it done, and thrust the tongs into the water trough. It’s bloody roasting in here... You decide that maybe you should open a window... You go to do so. The window opens on the empty hills and highlands which the village overlooks. It’s an inspiring fight. What’s less inspiring is that... whitw... thing... What is it?... Is it?... No... No, it can’t... but... is it? But what if it is! It cqn see you! It is watching you! IT WI- you close the window, and head out the front door for a breath of fresh air instead. You are met with a low rumble. A low roar. Is that a crash? The wind is picking up, an dyou haven’t even reached the frint door. It’s howling. Something is coming. There’s a bang on your door...

You’re just a simple lad, having a wee nap. It’s early in the morning anyway, so it can’t be hurtnipping anyone. This is not to be. There’s a gust of wind, a crash, a clatter... Your one-room stone hut suddenly feels very cold, in spite of the insulatory earth concealed in the thick walls, and even the slowly dying fire. It’s dark outside. It shouldn’t be this dark yet. You’re hungry, but it’s dissapearing in the shadow of the dark, cold storm which has now come upon you. Outside the two windows, you can see people running, preparing, panicking. Your house is cluttered with random objects, such as an anvil, a large rock, seventeen logs which barely fit in the door and would have been easy to leave in the woodshed. It’s cold. The door is rattling. You are scared.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Minimalist RTD: The Storm - turn 1
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 06:04:48 pm »

Looks like it's gonna be a pretty gloomy day. Might as well get off to a good start by lifting my anvil buddy overhead a couple times.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 06:10:28 pm »

As much as I want to deeply misinterprit this, you have to fill the all-important character sheet of importance and doom before you throw yourself into my loving claws.
DON'T SAY IT'S A MINIMALIST RTD IF IT AIN'T

REPEAT ACTION
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 06:31:54 pm »

Fire.... Everything....

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 07:01:00 pm »

As much of a backstory for your character as you can be bothered to come up with for a minimalist RtD: A farmer.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:17:53 pm by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 02:14:23 am »

Into the basement I flee!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 03:49:38 am »

Looks like it's gonna be a pretty gloomy day. Might as well get off to a good start by lifting my anvil buddy overhead a couple times.
You get up and look out the window. Yeah, that looks pretty gloomy alright. Well, the best thing to do in a situation such as this is to LIFT. You grab the anvil and pick it up, raising it above your head, and down again. Up and down again. Up, and down again. UP, and down again.your muscles are flowing like unmatured grape juices up and down your arms, you feek as though you could lift the house!
You note a continued clattering from the door, and the wind gets louder from outside, whistling around the house.

DON'T SAY IT'S A MINIMALIST RTD IF IT AIN'T

REPEAT ACTION
Brief seconds of furious typing
Name: Random McBoring
As much of a backstory as you can be bothered to come uo with for a minimalist RtD: An unimpotant individual with no bearing on society whatsoever who can’t take a joke.
Greatest fear: THE DEATH OF ME PRECIOUS GUBBINS
Fixed that for you.
AAAAAAH NO, THE BLOODY SHTAIRM IS COMIN’! QUICK, MY PRECIOUS GUBBINS! WE’D BEST BE RETREATIN’ INTO THE CELLAR!
AHH NO! ME PRECIOUS GUBBINS! GIT OVER HERE!
You heard as many of your precious Gubbins into the cellar as possible, but you cannot herd them all! Still a few boxes remain in hard to reach places, fearfully cooing at the oncroach of the howling wind and the clattering thunder.
NOOOOOOOO ME GUBBINS! COME BACK, ME GUBBINS! WHY’RE YE FORSAKIN’ YE’R FAITHER?!
Still, the Gubbins remain resolutely nailed to the rafters. Time may be running out...

Fire.... Everything....
So much... So much... Everything... will... burn...
1 ha ha ha
You run towards the closest house, burning log in tow, and hoist it at the thatched roof. It ignites instantly! The fire is spreading! It’s beautiful. You could watch it forever, just you and the burning farm.
Then yypu realise the fire is out. In fact, it’s raining. Quite heavily, in fact. And wind too. It whips at your face, so thick is the pouring deluge, you cannot see a metre in front of your face. You struggle forwards, until finally, you reach your house. Your leg hurts.

The storm is coming your way. You noticed it this morning, but you didn’t think it would be this big. It couldn’t be this big...
At first, they dawdle, but they quickly fall prey to your experience, and you quickly herd them into the Shippen at the end of the house where they’ll be safe. You’ll have plenty of eggs for the duration of this mess. As you close ll the windows of the long, thin wooden hut you call your home, there’s a gust of wind, and the rain starts to fall. It beats on the walls of the hut, smashes onto the roof, but none can get in. Your house is safe, and dry, and warm. The fire’s a bit low though. You stand still for a moment; You forgot to bring in more firewood! It’s all still out at the woodshed!
As you ponder your next action, you get the sudden feeling of impending doom.

Into the basement I flee!
You run to the familiar trapdoor that leads to the basement; Down thwre, you keep your stocks, the ores you work, what little food you make yourself. It’s also jammed shut. You jostle it, but to no avail. You grab a hammer and use your Blacksmith Strength in breaking it open, but atill it won’t budge. You look back out the door. There is something very big and very nasty up there...

While you all go about your normal peasant fleeing, you all begin notice that a large portion of the cloud is red, fiery, and bearing down on the village very fast. It could be here in an hour, maybe a few minutes. Whatever it is, it is almost certainly intent upon laying waste to all that you hold dear, and it’s impatient to do so. You don’t have long...

The heart of the storm will be arriving in 1 Turn. Prepare.

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 05:20:21 am »

Wowie, that's getting pretty loud. I'll move some of my logs in front of the door so it doesn't blow away.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: [1] 2