Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf Traits Menu  (Read 1971 times)

mason531

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf Traits Menu
« on: February 12, 2019, 12:05:27 pm »

Ok im new to the game and I was told to get this mod so that being said I have a question? so I have seen many gameplay videos and I have a big question so in the menu where it describes your dwarves like how old they are , there looks, traits the character sheet etc it doesn't seem that detail now idk if its the mod or if I have something selected that disables that but can any explain if thats normal or not lol
Plz help if possible

look at the picture on this website that how it normally suppose to be in Vanilla but in master works cut that in half
https://i0.wp.com/dwarf-story.wyman.blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ecroh-labelled.png?ssl=1

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Traits Menu
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 07:32:25 am »

You can scroll out the text (all screens on DF actually) with mousewheel or equivilent to make pages (and text) smaller and save scrolling, beyond a point it becomes too small though to read unless you have exceptionally sharp eyesight and hunching over to read DF text isn't really a good use of your posture. This is a thing on regular DF too, the guide has just manipulated the image to make it more readable in one go by zooming out and putting it into a smaller frame to make it sharper, because a widescreen DF page stretches and distorts the text.

It works like a pseudo zoom out in fortress mode when you want to watch a lot of things happening at once like the paths your inhabitants are taking, your viewpoint hasn't really adjusted but you can look at things further away or "zoom in" close up.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Traits Menu
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 04:31:49 pm »

You might not notice it at first glance but that screenshot is in resolution 3360 x 2100.

A "standard" screen only has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 so that also plays a role on why it can fit a lot more in the same screen on their screenshot.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks