Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ESCHATON: Place of Power  (Read 3564 times)

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: ESCHATON: Place of Power
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2019, 06:06:35 am »

I'll take the Topaz.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 06:40:25 pm »

I'll take the Agate.

Can I ignite the oil I make with the Amethyst, or can I only create it?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 06:49:52 pm »

Name: Aerin
Description: Long honey blond hair and short stature. Is actually a guy.

Strength: 0
Dexterity: 5
Speed: 10
Resilience: 0

Spirit: 10

Amethyst & Opal: Slick Ice.
Agate: traps and fortifications on demand.

Why those two, what do you think those would do?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 07:24:34 pm »

Spoiler: TricMagic (click to show/hide)

You're good, yeah. Sorry about the delay.

I'll take the Agate.

Can I ignite the oil I make with the Amethyst, or can I only create it?

The amethyst only allows you to create oil. If you want to ignite it, you'll need to find some other way to get the fire going.

------------------

Currently, at least three people want the Agate- Tricmagic, Shadestyle, and Tymewalk. You guys can work it out between yourselves, or I can just decide at random.

Since I'd like to get the game started, I'll probably just use RNG later tonight. Of course, you're all free to swap Crystals around if you come to a consensus.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 07:26:35 pm by Whisperling »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 07:47:09 pm »

The main issue with you guys having Agate is speed. I'm almost always going to be acting and reacting first, which should let me set up walls if needed. Same thing with the Slick Ice, quick to set up, and immediate use.

Shadestyle, why not Pearl and Quartz? Shockwaves piled onto Amplification with your resilience would make you a very heavy hitter.

Tymewalk, with your Dex I'd recommend Topaz. Stormlord can take Diamond and work with Dread's Jet if needed.

Main reason I'm taking those three is to play pre-fight support. And Escape too I guess.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2019, 06:26:49 pm »

(Tricmagic, Tyme, Shade)    1d3 = 1

TricMagic it is. For now, anyway.

Turn 0: Beginning with the End

Several people gather around the pile of Crystals while Alexander, Aerin, and Johnathan argue over the Agate. Martin takes the Topaz, while Malcolm attunes himself to both the Jet and the Quartz, and Herold does the same with the Diamond. Each feels a surge of magical power flow into their bodies as the connections to their gemstones are established, and the Crystals themselves begin to glow with a soft inner light.

Aerin finds himself clutching the Agate, a turn of events which doesn't seem to please either of the people he is debating with. He bonds with it anyway, and a moment later his feet sink a few centimeters into the stone floor.

The Opal, Amethyst, and Pearl remain unclaimed.

----------------

The group collectively passes through the stone door, leaving the surface behind. A strange sense of foreboding settles over them as they descend, and various arguments and idle conversations slowly die off. It is a long, quiet way down.

At the end of the corridor is a room with a single circular wall. The centerpiece of the room is a cracked slab of metal, wrapped in at least three different iron chains. The ends of these bonds extend outwards, where they are welded to random points on the wall.

As the explorers enter, they feel a sudden shift in the air. The darkness surrounding them writhes, and loose lengths of chain suddenly pull taught. Two gates appear on the wall where before there were only shadows. Between them, and directly in front of the slab, is a single glass key.

Something inside the slab pulses with malice. You are not wanted here. Leave or die.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2019, 07:56:01 pm »

I very carefully take the key. If something attacks me, scream in its face, face-equivalent, or general direction with the Quartz.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 08:07:48 pm »

I very carefully take the key. If something attacks me, scream in its face, face-equivalent, or general direction with the Quartz.

The key feels cold. When your hand closes over it, that coldness spreads up over your arm, through your neck, and straight into your head.

Two visions flash before your eyes. On the left is a place filled with twisted stones and grey rock dust. You feel the corridors straining under a terrible weight, and for a moment the pain of the stones reverberates through your mind. On the right, you see rooms encased in layers of ice. Sensing the frost is unpleasant, but it's not as cold as the key you're grasping. Nothing could be as cold as that.

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2019, 08:11:39 pm »

"Alright, uh. Right gate leads to frozen place, left gate leads to rocky place. Votes? Quickly please, I can feel the frostbite setting in."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 05:00:59 am »

TricMagic, I'm not sure what you're original intentions were, but demanding nearly half the starting resources while simultaneously telling the other players they need to swap up their choices to better suit you isn't exactly a good impression. 

Additionally, while you seem to want to brag on about how fast you are have you considered that a stiff breeze(or say an unnoticed trap) might take you in one hit?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm not keen on visiting the winter wonderland, plus we've got that gem that molds stone"
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 06:25:07 am »

"Lets go to the rocky place, I don't really want to be cold right now."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2019, 06:37:21 pm »

Ill take the opal

"Im thinking a rocky area would be simpler to work with"
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2019, 03:33:35 pm »

(We can take the other gems without using them, right? Or does simply having them on you cause them to take effect?)

---

Alexander nods in agreement. "I don't think we're equipped for the cold right now, so rocks it is."

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2019, 03:38:14 pm »

"Rocks it is," Malcolm repeats, stepping towards the left gate.

If possible, use the key to open the gate and go through.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2019, 05:51:03 pm »

Turn 1: Gate of Stones

Malcolm turns to confer with the rest of the party. The presence within the slab seems to permit this, though for a moment it causes Malcolm to feel a terrible sense of dread. Consensus is swift and unanimous, so Malcolm turns towards the left gate. He slots the key into the lock slowly, hands trembling from the cold, and it slides in with a series of soft clicks. The lock opens, and the key crumbles to glass dust. The open gate seems more solid, as if it wasn't quite real before it was unlocked.

The group hurries through, eager to escape the slab and the ominous entity inside it. Johnathan wanders off in the commotion, though it isn't entirely clear what direction he takes, and Issac bonds with the Opal to prepare himself for whatever lies ahead. Only the Amethyst and Pearl remain unclaimed.

They emerge in the center of a large cavern. It has smooth walls, but a highly irregular and organic shape. Even the floor is uneven, although the slope is too gentle to affect anyone's footing. Smooth stones are scattered across the ground, occasionally gathered into larger piles. One such pile begins to stir as the group approaches, as if something underneath it is moving.

Aside from the gate, which hangs in midair behind the group, the cavern has three exits. They're at the edges of the space, a significant distance away.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:55:55 pm by Whisperling »
Pages: 1 [2] 3