Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we spare the speargoblin or kill him?

Kill
- 0 (0%)
Spare
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: February 27, 2019, 03:36:17 pm

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My attempts at a vampire necromancer  (Read 4688 times)

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
My attempts at a vampire necromancer
« on: February 13, 2019, 05:03:19 pm »

Far, far away from Firemountain, in another realm, called Thur Dakon, "The Universe of Omens", there is a mantis man, a green person with the head and arms of a mantis. His name is Dekul Nisamcocu. He is traveling with two human warriors, Istra Jadefuchsia and Jathbi Groovehays. They are by a brook.

17th of Granite, 125.
I have decided to start a journal to record my adventures. I started off in a small human hamlet where I recruited two foolish human warriors. We are far to the north of there, travelling to Urngorge, a tower of death. They think we are going to destroy the evil place. I have other plans. Let us just say that I will no longer worry about food, drink, or sleep very soon...

It is late at night. We have found the tower, but it is night and I would prefer to enter during the day. We went a ways away, for i am afraid if we camp too close to the tower, the animated corpses will kill us in our sleep. We shall enter in the morning. I hope to leave those two for distractions for the walking dead while I fly to the top of the tower and enter that way.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:30:43 pm by DwarvenLord »
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My attempts at a vampire necromancer
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 06:37:56 pm »

That is the first, and only, entry in that journal by Dekul, if you were to find it in the wilderness, covered in yellow blood. He failed to become a necromancer, then started wandering. He was killed by bogeymen.

But this is not the end.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 06:06:58 pm by DwarvenLord »
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 06:45:59 pm »

18th of slate, 125.
Hmm, this is strange. I've found this journal alongside a ruined spear, a lot of rotten lettuce, and a mantis man corpse. Probably gotten by bogeyman. Even more interesting  is that this mantis man seems to have a similar goal; immortality and the secrets of life and death. But it seems he went about it all the wrong way; he just stormed the tower. I have a much better plan...  I am travelling to boltsthrown, a human village that is rumored to have a interesting individual in it...

20th of slate, 125.
Curses! Seems like somebody has gotten here first. There is a temple in this town. I'm not much of a gambler, but it'll have to do...

Xugot went to the temple and knocked a statue over. It was at this point that Armok heated this tiny chunk of the Universe of Omens and reshaped it so that Xugot would be a vampire instead of a werebeast.

21st of slate, 125.
I have done it! I can sense the blood... all the blood.... and my physical abilities have improved as well... some call it a curse, I call it a blessing... To Urngorge.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 07:30:12 pm »

(oorp: I am going to get a vampiric necromancer if it's the last thing I do. My previous strategy was to knock over a statue, and if it gave me a werebeast i would reload. Then I would travel a loooong way to Urngorge, the necromancer tower. I think i'm going to start closer this time, then build my own temple close to the tower, become a vampire,  then waltz in. By the way, my vampiric bark scorpion got one-punched by a bogeyman, even though I was a night creature AND a bark scorpion, which the wiki said would be friendly to them due to the [NO_FEAR] raw. Also, I'm just going to consider all these attempts as reincarnations of the original mantis man.)

List of attempted tries:
Mantis man, killed by bogeyman
Bark Scorpion man 1, werebeast instead of vampire
Bark scorpion man 2, killed by 'Friendly' bogeymen
bark scorpion man 3, just kinda gave up
Grasshopper man, couldn't find companions in elven retreat
Beetle man, found out you can't build statues
Tick man, to be continued
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 09:11:52 pm by DwarvenLord »

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 09:47:25 am »

A valiant effort :)  If statue defiling does not work, the Fortress method of vampirism works in adventure mode.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 04:55:52 pm »

I've tried drinking vampire blood. I just can't find vampires. There was this human town, where most of the attempts started. Legends mode said that there was a vampire named Talde Guisetreats here. Luckily enough, I started in the same room as Talde. I made sure this was the vampire by asking some questions and seeing if they matched up with Legends. I then accused her of being a night creature and attacked. I didn't even draw blood before she ran off and I lost her in this town. I saw there was a temple close to the starting location. This was before I knew how to reload a save, so I became a werebeast and I retired because I had failed. The most recent attempt- the tick man-I found out a vampire  was supposed to live in a town called Moistenscaled. He didn't show up in the "Ask about somebody" or "Ask for directions" menus, so I went back to statue tipping. I had to reload a least four times before I got vampirism. It seems lycanthropy is more commonly cursed than vampirism when knocking over a statue. Is this true?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 12:24:49 pm »

It seems lycanthropy is more commonly cursed than vampirism when knocking over a statue. Is this true?

Just luck of the draw, I think. I've gotten vampires every time.
(Not that I've commited very many temple topplings... it probably balances out if you do it enough.)
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 05:39:02 pm »

Well, I'm in a weird situation...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My companion died to a giant wolf so I surrounded myself in campfires each night to deter bogeymen. One day, it was day and the campfire wern't already out as the usually are. I was also being attacked by a pack of wolf people. I actually got some good damage from throwing rocks at them but i'm out of rocks. Oh, and tick men can't jump.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 08:39:06 pm »

Hm... can you grab some clumps of dirt to throw at them? Failing that... do you have any water or alcohol on you? If you pour it out on the ground, you can take handfuls of it and throw the handfuls. You might even be able to throw some blood, if there's a pool of it on the ground already.

If you're lucky, and good enough at throwing... well...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

klonk
Sigtext

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 10:43:17 pm »

For some strange reason it didn't save, so I started back when I first knocked over the statue. Still worked out though!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Marching forward, the duo advanced to Urngorge. The human lasher did not know this though; he was just following his companion. Zar began to feel his urges for blood, but they were held back easily enough. The went on, around the mountains and up towards Urngorge. A pack of giant dingos attacked, killing the human. He then went to the nearest hillocks and grabbed some random goblin spearman and continued. And finally, FINALLY, they got to Urngorge, the first one since Dekul. He left the goblin outside to die to zombies as he waltzed in, read a slab and FINALLY became a necromancer.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 10:36:27 am »

Congratulations.

klonk
Sigtext

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 07:30:22 pm »

Kinda got cut short yesterday, so continuing this...

Interestingly, these necromancers seemed to be sports fans. They had books about competition, races, and other physical competition. Zar respected these necromancers, and so he left the slab and only took a book called 'To the End and Beyond!' that also contained the secrets of life and death. He chatted a bit, and then left. He was surprised to see his companion still alive and fighting. Feeling a twinge of guilt, he headed away from the tower and considered what to do.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 03:38:58 pm »

I honestly don't know what to do. Should we kill him, getting a skilled zombie, or should he spare him, giving roleplaying opportunity, but going through the trouble of getting him to read a book or drinking our blood. I'm pretty sure he can't read.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 11:38:25 am »

Hm. Decisions. I'm pretty sure there's no getting the guy to read anything, but if you give him a goblet of blood he should drink it... but you need to actually fill a goblet with your own blood first, which means you're gonna have to bleed until there's a usable pool on the floor to fill a goblet off. Which will be... difficult. And painful.

Alternatively, seek out a vampire in a human town somewhere and make it do the bleeding for you? Do you know of any other vampires around?

At any rate, if you can somehow obtain a pool of vampire blood, you can fill a bag with the stuff and have an infinite supply. Vampirize the world!

klonk
Sigtext

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 08:18:56 pm »

Well I doubt Zar would be the type to 1. hurt himself for another and 2. even care. So Democracy Voting can go to HFS for all I care! He is going to die.

(Watch him kill me.)
Pages: [1] 2