Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we spare the speargoblin or kill him?

Kill
- 0 (0%)
Spare
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: February 27, 2019, 03:36:17 pm

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My attempts at a vampire necromancer  (Read 4691 times)

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry for being here, my time machine broke.
    • View Profile
Re: My attempts at a vampire necromancer
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 12:21:59 am »

He saw me drink the blood from a horse and immediately started running away. He was surprisingly fast but I caught him and beat him over... and over... and over again. You're not joking when you say blunt weapons don't kill. It wouldn't let me raise him as a zombie though. Strange. I took his spear and the book I gave him and went to the drunkard shack. I lured one out and promptly murdered him. I then killed the rest of the drunks. The necromancer system seems awfully pick about what's raisable or not.
80% of my victims couldn't be raised. Anyway, I murdered the rest of the village (this is so wrongly fun). I traveled around to other nearby villages and murdered them. Strangely,  the biggest threat to a necromancer is horses. Not because they are dangerous, but because it makes it near impossible to keep your little horde together. You should be able to keep them in line and order them around a little bit, possibly using the Will ability?
And thus was the dwarven meatshield invented.
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 09:41:26 pm »

Pretty much a repeat of last time; rampaging through hillocks. The most interesting thing that happened to them is exploring an abandoned fortress. It actually had an opening into the caverns, but I didn't risk it. Maybe I'll go for a real fortress soon...
the child should serve well in the infantry (that is a horrible pun, and I already regret saying it).

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 07:43:40 pm »

You're not joking when you say blunt weapons don't kill. It wouldn't let me raise him as a zombie though. Strange. I took his spear and the book I gave him and went to the drunkard shack. I lured one out and promptly murdered him. I then killed the rest of the drunks. The necromancer system seems awfully pick about what's raisable or not.
80% of my victims couldn't be raised.
Severe damage to the head, neck, lower body, or upper body will cause the corpse to be mangled and unraisable. Keeping a choke-hold on their neck until they pass out and suffocate will guarantee an undamaged corpse. You might also be able to bleed them out if you step away after doing a reasonable amount of stabbing damage.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2019, 11:44:45 pm »

Problem is that I can't control my zombies, so they just punch them to death leaving them mangled.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2019, 12:47:06 pm »

Just behead everything. Beheaded stuff is still good for reanimating, and you can raise the heads too.

You are an adventurer, after all. And a vampire to boot.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 04:56:31 pm »

Wasn't the most interesting one. Spent most of the time searching for Axeshields, a fortress, but couldn't find it, then gave up and went to another one called Wadedtools . Currently they are fighting on the topmost level. Definitely giving us a harder time then those hillocks. Also, best thing ever, you can retire at a necromancer tower.

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 07:40:33 pm »

Sensed all the dwarves far, far down and got lazy. I left, taking quite a few books with me. I would of retired at the necromancer's tower, but some zombies were still hostile to me, probably because the speargoblin had attacked them while I was still his companion. So I found out how to make a stone axe, chopped down a lot of trees and got to work building a second necromancer tower by the sea, called Deathages. The game closed right before it got to the main menu, so I might not of saved properly. Also, can you retire at your own site? When I checked, it still said "give into starvation" even after I set a library in the newly made tower. Any thoughts?

Edit: It didn't save. :/ I'll just rebuild it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 09:10:36 pm by DwarvenLord »

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 11:16:37 pm »

Sensed all the dwarves far, far down and got lazy. I left, taking quite a few books with me. I would of retired at the necromancer's tower, but some zombies were still hostile to me, probably because the speargoblin had attacked them while I was still his companion. So I found out how to make a stone axe, chopped down a lot of trees and got to work building a second necromancer tower by the sea, called Deathages. The game closed right before it got to the main menu, so I might not of saved properly. Also, can you retire at your own site? When I checked, it still said "give into starvation" even after I set a library in the newly made tower. Any thoughts?

Edit: It didn't save. :/ I'll just rebuild it.

in order to retire in your own camp you need to be the lord of the site i believe or a hearth person to the lord of the camp, so just create a mead hall zone and claim it, then retire.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 11:18:18 pm »

By the way heres my vampire necromancer tower i made a few days ago:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It has been expanded since then.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2019, 07:30:50 pm »

Okay, NOW I'm angry. I grinded, chopping trees and building furniture. I even found out how to retire at Deathages.
And it didn't save.
It closed in the middle of saving; specifically the "Saving Jobs" portion. Could anyone help? I may just retire at the already there necromancers tower.
Edit:Retire at the original necromancer's tower without a hitch; that's strange. Also, I'm making "My attempts at a..." A series, where I try out different types of adventurers! I have an idea for what to do next.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:57:24 pm by DwarvenLord »

DwarvenLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2019, 11:12:57 am »

I was looking around in Legends Viewer and I found something hilarious. While Zar was rampaging around, he killed a beetle man. This beetle man happened to be one of my previous attempts at becoming a vampiric necromancer. I don't remember why I gave up on that one. Other news on retired adventurers, the first Scorpion man (the one that became a werebeast) had been the victim of a false friendship with a goblin spy, and then moved. I don't think he's rampaged yet, though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 11:14:28 am by DwarvenLord »
Pages: 1 [2]