Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Most stable version of mod with human forts.  (Read 1044 times)

thecrimsonbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most stable version of mod with human forts.
« on: February 15, 2019, 12:08:17 am »

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  This is my first time trying Masterwork, and I keep running into issues, and I'm wondering if there is a relatively simple or stable way to play a human fort.  Either that or I'm curious to see if other have had similar issues:

First I tried customizing everything in the GUI to my liking and saved the profile.  I generated a world, and had no problem up to this point (aside from some tiles randomly appearing during loading when I set the graphics to default ASCII).  I went to embark, and decided to try to include a tomb site with "embark anywhere."  Once I set everything up and had the flavor text "ere the X get hungry,"  The game immediately crashed.  I started back up and noticed the palette color had changed in game (even though the GUI was still showing vanilla).  I tried t do a quick embark on the same site, but even though I selected a dwarf embark template, when I went to the "plan carefully" screen, I saw kobolds.  I later realized this was based on the civ I chose, but it seemed kind of odd to have the embark template overridden like that.  Anyways, I embark the same way, and another immediate crash.  I do a quick embark a few screens down on a normal site, and I see the play screen for half a second before it crashes again.  I decide to reload my saved masterwork profile, but I can't select it (it just clicks the 'mods' tab under the drop down menu).  I try the "restore all default profiles" button, but no change.  So I just unzip again and start fresh.  I load the current save that comes packaged with the mod with no problem.  I change the tileset and update the save, and I get an item missing error that crashes the game during loading.  Again I try the "restore all default profiles" with no change.  I try to change all the graphical setting back to the way they were and I still get the item missing error.  Am I doing something wrong or should I try a previous version?

thecrimsonbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most stable version of mod with human forts.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 07:31:14 am »

The game play issues seem to have been resolved by reverting to 1.30, though I have only tested the default setting aside from graphical changes.  I embarked on a tomb again with complete success, and can even change the tilesets and update the saves without getting a missing item error.  I'll see what happens if I generate a new world to my preferred specs when I have time later.  Still, I can't seem to select profiles in order to load them, and restoring default profiles seems to do nothing (but I may be misunderstanding what that means).