Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 57017 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 01:35:14 pm »

What is your name? AJAMA

What form will you take? A prefect black sphere

What is your purpose? Create worlds in my image

any good?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 01:43:14 pm »

melt sand around me to createba tower of glass tall enough to reach the first stars
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 03:18:49 pm »

What is your name? AJAMA

What form will you take? A prefect black sphere

What is your purpose? Create worlds in my image

any good?

Technically you guys are already inside a world, but you could definitely create pocket dimensions or something if you want to build your own multiverse. Seems fine to me.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 03:56:51 pm »

I meant more in a planets sense
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 10:12:03 pm »

Yet another soul flits into existence. The sand it claims as its form fuses together and blackens.

AJAMA, the Demiurge breaks free of the desert. Their spherical body drifts upwards, spinning on an invisible axis.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Task the  Winged Spiderlings with   building a silken nest at around halfway down the web, but a solid glide's distance away from it. Should any other Spiderlings fall near or onto the nest, they shall be offered the same  choice of contract. Should they refuse, they must perform a fall-cycle's amount of labor on the nest in exchange for passage back to the web, if they had landed upon it by happenstance. Then, fly   above to the desert, and offer  a contract to any Dustwalkers in the area: in exchange for providing information on the world below,  the eyes of opportunists and tacticians will be granted to all who accept them.

Winged Spiderlings: 6
Gral: 2

Gral's servants begin building a nest, as commanded. Finding a space unconnected to the web is difficult, since there are so few other places in the sky, but they eventually settle on one of the new stars. It is a good spot, especially since it produces the light that they need to live - so good that some of the other Spiderlings try to invade by descending on smaller webs of their own. If the winged Spiderlings wish to stay, they will need to defend their claim.

Meanwhile, Gral flies back down to the desert. He searches far and wide for the Dustwalkers, but they have hidden themselves well. He fails to find any, even by scouting the sand from up above.

Ira emerges from the sand, it's stomach filled with sand, and seething with anger

Ira sculpts the sand in its belly in the shape of itself, turning sand into flesh, and imbues the flesh with its divine rage and essence. Ira spits out a mass of worms and gives one command. EAT!

Ira creates the Sand Worms, worms who feed on sand and grow bigger the older they get.

Ira ignores the earth's continual assaults and tunnels back up to the surface. There it begins coughing up the sand it has eaten, while simultaneously digesting it into miniature versions of Ira itself. While the World-Eater does find that it can turn sand to flesh, the smaller worms are all dead as soon as they emerge from its gullet. Something inside the sand has eaten away the spark of life and hunger that Ira tried to bestow.

The sand's own creatures spread across the world, alive and fully-formed. Their existence is yet another insult.

"I hate sand."
Climb up higher all the way to the stars.

Bob: 2 , Nazir: 3

Dr. Bob climbs upwards as fast as he can, but the demons already have his scent. They fly inexorably closer, devouring hordes of Spiderlings as they breach the lowest levels of the web. For a moment it seems that they will catch up to Dr. Bob, and the sands will try to kill him once again, but then a silk rope drops from up above. He shimmies up it, to Nazir's perch at the top of the great web, and leaves the demons far behind him.

Teach chosen spiders weaving spiritual webs by words of power to catch demons and malicious things

Drop silk rope to Dr Bob to help him in his rising quest

The word seems to weave in rather silly way

Nazir: 4
Initiates: 4

Nazir spins a thick rope of silk and lowers it down to Dr. Bob. The good doctor climbs it admirably quickly, though Nazir can't help but notice that the demons following him have started killing Spiderlings. No matter. That problem will soon be solved, if the primordial spider has anything to say about it.

They call up a few of the strongest and most talented of the Spiderlings, particularly the ones who cover the old stars, and introduce them to the secrets of Weaving. Nazir shows them how to spin the aether itself into mystic webs, webs that can trap shadows and evil spirits. The students are tentative, finding it difficult to work with anything but normal silk, but a few are clever enough to understand Nazir's lessons. They drape spiritual cobwebs over their stars to create basic wards against the demons.

Quote from: Kuhaku
No action

The demons surround Kuhaku, but stand at a distance, wary of the Mirror's strength. Some of the larger beings step forwards to menace them with fangs and knifelike claws. Their faces are reflected on the surface of Kuhaku's body, where slight curvature makes the creatures look even more distorted and grotesque.

melt sand around me to createba tower of glass tall enough to reach the first stars

4v2

Gyaweft unleashes his fires on the sands again, and this time his efforts are more successful. The ground around him burns until it blackens, then melts into a glowing pool of raw material. He continues smelting, funneling in countless more gallons of sand, and begins to shape the glass with his gauntlets. The walls of a tower take shape, growing upwards towards the stars, and between the strands of the great web. More glass flows into the construction, and floors and ceilings flow into place, cooling in the open air. A single spiral staircase runs through the entire length of the tower, from top to bottom, making it possible to climb from the desert to the heights of the sky.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

----------------------------
Spoiler: Daily-ish Tip (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Response to Rockeater (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:18:30 am by Whisperling »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2019, 10:32:55 pm »

Our name is Empty.

Our form is a symbiote, nothing existing alongside something, strengthening both.

Our purpose is to protect the Sands.

Sand will adapt. Form weapons of finesse to combat that which sheer force cannot. Harness the great Empty, what remains of my soul, to destroy those who would selfishly consume you. Wield Anger, that primal emotion of your own invention, to drive away these predators.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2019, 10:51:22 pm »

Swoop by and grab Kuhaku. Wouldn't want anyone dying on us just yet. As soon as that is done, ascend back into the skies, and defend the nest. Snapping strands, eating the larger Spiderlings, swatting the smaller ones off- whatever gets them away from my employees.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 08:13:18 am by WyrdByrd »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 11:20:52 pm »

Ira looks at her children, dead before they even had a chance at life, and unleashes a great howl. Ira's great maw expands, revealing an innumerable amount of jagged teeth.

"The Sands will soon know the pain of losing it's children."

Ira attempts to devour the many of the sand demons

(I'm probably going to die)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:29:54 pm by MrThrowaway »
el basurero

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2019, 11:40:40 pm »

What is your name? Hynsyr

What form will you take? A twelve armed, seven eyed, golden humanoid. Incandescent, yellow light radiates from it's metallic skin and each of it's seven eye sockets fill with a glowing rainbow of colors.

What is your purpose? Creation and Destruction in an eternal cycle of tribute, conflict, and rebirth.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:23:30 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Trinculoisdead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2019, 01:18:31 am »

This one adopted a dark tone pretty fast!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2019, 01:49:33 am »

Swoop by and grab Kuhaku. Wouldn't want anyone dying on us just yet. As soon as that is done, ascend back into the skies, and defend the nest. Snapping strands, eating the larger Spiderlings, swatting the smaller ones off- whatever gets them away.

Ahem, I wished freedom for my children and let them accept the deals, but now you seem to be stepping too far by consuming sons of my own blood

Create tribe of acid spitting poisonous spiderlings

Also shoot web into annoying  bird to get it drop into sands
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:40:57 am by sprinkled chariot »

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2019, 02:12:45 am »

"And so, my work begins"

Turn the sand below me turn to black goo, and have this black goo spread and consume more sand as it grows

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2019, 04:20:32 am »

Build a pair of glass wings not to fly but to glide.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2019, 08:11:22 am »

Swoop by and grab Kuhaku. Wouldn't want anyone dying on us just yet. As soon as that is done, ascend back into the skies, and defend the nest. Snapping strands, eating the larger Spiderlings, swatting the smaller ones off- whatever gets them away.

Ahem, I wished freedom for my children and let them accept the deals, but now you seem to be stepping too far by consuming sons of my own blood

Create tribe of acid spitting poisonous spiderlings

Also shoot web into annoying  bird to get it drop into sands

"I am doing nothing but defending my own. And, mind you, it seems your sons are waging war against their own."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2019, 09:59:29 am »

"Thank you for saving me from the sand demons, I think I might just stay up here away from the sand for a bit."
Try to make a weapon out of the rope I used to get up here, so I can fight the demons if they get close.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35