Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 56961 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2019, 10:31:46 am »

Devour more of the grain, and then use the power gained to create a series of Chrome Herons: Harvesters with scything wings to further cultivate these fields.

Afterwords, cut a few of the stalks with the pinions, and bring them over to the Perpetual Bus.  Maybe they can aid in the deer man's recovery.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 14, 2019, 03:38:22 pm »

Separate Sekhmet and her legion from other 6 present legions, they are tasked to kill this bovine thing. Request assistance to their cause from order of strands.
My children, this is quite a turning point for spiderkind, as it is chance to extinguish both great threats to whole web existance with one decisive strike, I hope, that all this culture of weaving you flourished, can now show supremacy of our kind.

I, 6 primelings and their followers keep safe  distance from awake and shower his armour joints and weakspots with SEA OF ACID SPITS  to finish him off

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2019, 04:01:01 pm »

Spoiler: PSA (click to show/hide)

For the  Dustwalkers interested in colonizing, offer them a Sponsorship: in exchange for providing complimentary equipment, modifications, and aid in all Nest held areas, the voyagers will inform those of the Nest  of any interesting findings at their colony sight, the right to build one market  within the future settlement.

For those currently on the Silken Nest, have them turn their efforts to improving the Nest itself: Replacing old strands with Ironweave,  expanding production facilities, etc.  West and North are to meet with South, in order to iron out the Organization of the Nest proper, both near the web, and its planet-side holdings.

Ironwinged: 3 & West: 6 & North: 5 & South: 5

While the Dustwalker colonists don't yet have a formal organizational structure to negotiate with, most of them readily agree to the sponsorship deal. The assistance of the Buzzards and the Ironwinged was invaluable during the War of Sands, and has left most of them with a very positive attitude towards the Silken Nest. They look forward to dealing with Gral in the future.

The population of the Nest temporarily puts business on hold to upgrade the star itself. Most of the old silk architecture is torn down and replaced with steel, so that it will be more resistant to wear. Ironweavers also create innovative new equipment for use in production facilities. This includes a set of carts and conveyor belts which enable them to create rudimentary assembly lines. Nobody has the technical know-how to automate production, but this is the next best thing. When production comes back on line, factory output improves considerably. They have no trouble coping with increased demand from the sponsorship deal.

Three of the Merchants also work together to organize the Nest's various enterprises. Their work covers everything from metal supplies, which are now sourced almost exclusively from the Scrap Ranches, to the transportation required to get goods to market. For now, they have a team of the most adept Ironwinged fliers moving things from place to place. Modified grub-harnesses are used to increase their carrying capacity.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2019, 08:30:58 pm »

Gonna have to skip the turn again today, I think.

I'm not happy about it, but travel is making things problematic. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 15, 2019, 02:30:38 am »

"I can't retreat from a god. But I'm not done yet, spider. Compassionless monster. If fate allows me one good deed in this life, I'll slay you."

Feed the flame with my nothing soul to kill Nazir.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 15, 2019, 05:33:02 am »

"I can't retreat from a god. But I'm not done yet, spider. Compassionless monster. If fate allows me one good deed in this life, I'll slay you."

You expected me to have compassion for dangerous treacherous piece of nothingness?

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 15, 2019, 11:13:45 am »

Hynsyr decides to work on his ability to create Light Spears. Practicing their creation and destruction as he did with the Hundred Armed Form until he has also mastered them.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #382 on: April 15, 2019, 06:20:48 pm »

Ashe plays with the fish and tries feeding them fruit.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 17, 2019, 09:42:01 pm »

As the creature rips at him, Meruem smiles, and attempts to sting the demon to death and eat its corpse before charging at the other demons. If successful. He'll use their strength to make his firstborn.

Meruem: 3 vs. Bird Demon: 2 & Horde: 3

Meruem rips the bird-demon off of his back by impaling it with his stinger. He injects a little venom to soften its flesh, then repeatedly stabs it in the head until it stops moving. The bird's sandy body slumps, becoming nothing more than ordinary dust. Meruem shovels it into his mouth anyway, and his mouth becomes numb as he tastes the absolute Nothingness of a demonic spirit. He swallows, allowing the lack of sensation to move from his throat to the essence bladder lodged in his intestines. The Nonexistent power hangs there, slowly dwindling as it seeps through holes in the organ's bindings.

Before too much can be lost, Meruem turns towards the other demons. He charges at them, prepared to tear the creatures limb from limb, but they meet him as one enormous mass of claws and teeth. Every time the bug-man gets a grip on one of them, the others scrabble at his carapace until he is forced to let go. A few even try to weigh him down by clinging to his body, but Meruem is too strong to be restrained. He plucks them off his exoskeleton and flings them into the air.

Destroy it. No remnants of the sand must be allowed to live.

6 v 3

Trickles of sand seep through the gaps in Ira's coils, surreptitiously making their way back to the safety of the ground. The sandworm doesn't have a good way to tell living and dead sand apart, so she just spits a stream of liquid Nothing across the entire area. It eats away at the ground in much the same way as acid, annihilating any traces of the sand-shard that might have escaped her notice. She then turns her attention to the creature itself, which is still flailing helplessly against her hold. It has lived, preserved at the last moment by Awake's axe-swing, but Ira cannot allow it to continue its existence. She thrusts her head between two loops of her body so that she can slurp it up. The stream of sand entering her gullet tastes sweet, like a purpose once again fulfilled. Ira cannot help but feel a little despair at the thought of these beings wandering about, still alive after they should have been consigned to oblivion, but in this, at least, she can act decisively. When the last of the entity trickles into her jaws, she blasts herself with a second cloud of Nothingness just to make sure none of its mass is left intact. This particular piece of earth will never bother her again.

Offer to those not willing to join the dragon to join me, and look how the nothingness ooze interact with the sand now that the sand is dead

AJAMA shouts an offer of its own, startling the obsidian dragon. It stares at him and blows a larger stream of Nothingness out of its nostrils. The Non-smoke hisses as it obliterates a few grains of sand that happen to cross its path.

"You do not belong here, ooze-thing, and you are not one of us. The Fragments do not owe you their loyalty."

The Fragments waver. Some of them swivel protrusions of Non-ooze back and forth, presumably to look from one leader to the other. One cautiously shuffles over to the archdemon, whose hiss of delight showers AJAMA in Nonexistent sparks. It is followed by a few more, who occasionally glance over their shoulder at the others. Most of the Fragments follow behind them, apparently most willing to put their faith in a leader from their own bloodline. There are a few holdouts though, including Apollyon. The void-orb's mind brushes up against AJAMA's, leaving the primordial with secondhand feelings of panic and indecision. In the end it stays at the Demiurge's side, along with a slightly smaller group of its fellows. The Archdemon harrumphs and taps the ground with one of its forelimbs.

"...Very well. We will go now."

Its group of Fragments climbs onto the dragon's back, where they remain until it takes off. Apollyon watches the Archdemon until its body looks like a tiny speck in the distance.

"We are lost. Lead us?"

Oddly, Non-Ooze has continued to interact normally with the sand. It appears to be making use of some vestige of the previous connection between Absence and sand, fueled by the spiritual power of Emptiness rather than the life force of the sand itself.

"This isn't going well, should have paid more attention during that first aid class."
Keep trying to heal the injured deer men with the help of the others.

Dr. Bob: 1 , Deer-Men: 6+1

When Dr. Bob fails to propose a better idea, some of the healthy Deer-Men start tearing strips of cloth off of their clothes to make more bandages. One of them figures out how to make something resembling a tourniquet. He ties it around the man with the stab wound, who stops bleeding as circulation to the shoulder is cut off. Operating on the other two isn't as easy. The one who got knocked unconscious doesn't have a visible injury, but he's been out for long enough that Bob suspects brain damage. The woman is probably suffering from punctured lungs. The other mortals start wrapping them up anyway, while acknowledging the general futility of the endeavor. The cloth doesn't make much of a difference, but it does give Dr. Bob an idea.

He places his hand on each of three injured Deer-Men. Their bodies vanish, replaced by the silk dolls that Bob originally animated. Some of the strands are damaged, now, in more or less the same way that the mortals were wounded in life. One doll has a frayed head, another has a hole running straight through its shoulder, and the third has a squashed chest cavity. Bob carves a glass needle from the side of the bus and tears bandages into individual hemp threads so that he can make repairs. First is the stab-wound. He fills it with a wad of cloth before stitching it closed. Bob patches his next patients' brain damage by replacing his ruined strands, then fixes the woman by swapping her shredded lungs with replicas made of hemp.

The Doctor taps the dolls to bring them back to life. Silk becomes flesh and blood, but the Deer-Men don't start breathing. Instead their fur blackens, as if it had been charred, and their eyes crumble to ash. The three bodies twitch in perfect unison, still without any flesh or heartbeat. Their empty eye sockets stare straight at Bob, and they grin maniacally. Instead of the flat teeth that he is used to, their mouths are filled with sharp incisors. Even their antlers change, splitting apart to form wicked barbs.

Devour more of the grain, and then use the power gained to create a series of Chrome Herons: Harvesters with scything wings to further cultivate these fields.

Afterwords, cut a few of the stalks with the pinions, and bring them over to the Perpetual Bus.  Maybe they can aid in the deer man's recovery.

1 , 1

Gral gorges itself on the grain. Plants grow faster than they can be consumed, so there is simply no limit to the Contractor's meal. It eats and eats, stuffing itself with Omni-Grain until it is full to bursting. As magical nutrition floods into its body, soothing wounds and replenishing lost Essence, some is channeled out through Gral's plumage. It flaps its wings to dislodge a few quills, but the pent-up vitality refuses to follow them. It builds up within feathers that are still attached the the vulture's body, causing them to grow at an incredible rate. Gral's wings double and then triple in size, becoming so heavy that they can't be lifted off the ground. It struggles to transform some of the excess mass into Herons, then just to flap its wings. It is no use. The primordial stays pinned down, trapped by parts of its own metal body.

The Omni-Grain's explosive growth continues unchecked. Giant stalks spring into being below Gral. They push their way upwards, around its wings, until they've surrounded their creator completely. Before the stalks grow thicker, cutting off any view of the outside, the Contractor sees golden wheat fields stretching from horizon to horizon. If they continue advancing at this rate, it won't be long before they swallow up the Wetlands.

Separate Sekhmet and her legion from other 6 present legions, they are tasked to kill this bovine thing. Request assistance to their cause from order of strands.
My children, this is quite a turning point for spiderkind, as it is chance to extinguish both great threats to whole web existance with one decisive strike, I hope, that all this culture of weaving you flourished, can now show supremacy of our kind.

I, 6 primelings and their followers keep safe  distance from awake and shower his armour joints and weakspots with SEA OF ACID SPITS  to finish him off

The spiderlings are obviously out of the question. But I might need to convert them later, if possible, since they are the most abundant. The Archdemon already serves a god, too. The maggots were interesting and I might be able to lead them against this "Gral", but there weren't any special individuals between them.

Maybe I can convince that one obsidian humanoid. You said this figure was fighting against an army of those spiderlings, right? There's the chance they might return me the favor if I try to help them out.

Gracefully enter the battlefield and try to literally blind the opposition with my dazzling charm and divine glamour!

If that fails, just charge and gore them with my horns for daring to ignore my presence.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Aton runs into the center of the battlefield. His movement through the sand is dazzling, and the golden disk between his horns glows brightly enough to blind. The Sentinel legions barely even realize that they've stopped attacking. They stare at the Herder instead, utterly helpless in the face of his divine majesty. Demigod-spiders called Primelings urge them to continue, to beat Awake into a bloody pulp and drown him in acid, but their troops do not listen. They are transfixed, caught in throes of awe and terror that make it impossible for them to see or focus on anything else. Only those with a semblance of godhood can resist. Nazir's lieutenants regroup as their creator shields his eyes. Awake, whose mind has been strengthened by long hours of contemplation, is also capable of tearing his mind away. He advances on the spiders with grim purpose.

The Primelings strike first. One of them tentatively throws a fireball at Aton. Her aim is poor, and when faced with the blinding light coming from him, she misses her mark altogether. Afterwards the Primeling starts staring out into space, as if she isn't in the middle of a war zone. Aton lowers his head and charges at her while she is vulnerable. He hits her easily, crushing her abdomen with the sheer force of the blow before flipper her onto her back. Sekhmet halfheartedly struggles to right herself, still oblivious to what is going on.

The others cluster around Nazir, then collectively spit acid at Awake. Their secretions splatter against his armor, occasionally even leaking in to erode parts of his body, but the Shardform does not stop. There is no reason for him to stop, because he is about to suffer from something much worse than acid-burns. He wades through the sea of transfixed Sentinels until he reaches the command post, where Nazir and the Primelings are waiting. They skitter away, too slowly to make a difference. Awake holds his ground. The Smelter's plate glows red, then white. Sand beneath his feet melts, becoming molten glass.

Awake feeds his spirit to the flames. A pillar of black fire rises to the heavens as fire and Nothingness combine. It eats away at the sand, forming an enormous sinkhole that blossoms into an inferno. It sucks the spiders inwards, like a hungry thing, even as fire spreads outwards to consume them. The Primelings feel numbness swallowing their legs, instead of heat. They feel their limbs become Nothing, and then their bodies, consumed by fire that feeds upon souls. Sentinels die, Woven armor crumbles, aether burns like gunpowder. Even Aton must run from the flames, though they were not meant for him. They reach for someone else, whispering condemnations. Spider-God, Monster, Tyrant, they say. And somewhere inside the blaze, Nazir burns.

He burns until his essence leaks. His soul trembles under the weight of the Void, and his eyes become Nothing but ash. Only the tiniest spark of life remains, nestled in his doomed, charring heart. Emptiness tears at it, even screams at it in fury. ALTERTH and Awake appear within its blackness, and their spirits call to the Weaver. They will him to cease, to join them in their nonexistence.

Hynsyr decides to work on his ability to create Light Spears. Practicing their creation and destruction as he did with the Hundred Armed Form until he has also mastered them.

Hynsyr drops the twelve Light Spears that he's been holding, allowing them to flicker back into nonexistence as they rejoin his aura. While keeping his twelve arms outstretched, he materializes them again. Smaller versions of the weapons appear in his hands, sized more like fishing implements than actual tools of war. Unsatisfied with this state of affairs, he casts the miniatures aside so that he can try again. This time the spears have curved shafts, which make it difficult for Hynsyr to perform the typical stabbing maneuvers. He creates more spears one by one, each time focusing carefully on each element of their design. The approach is reliable, if somewhat slow, so he practices it until he can visualize his intended results more quickly. Polearms appear in rapid succession, quickly enough to fill the hands of his natural body but not quite fast enough to provide the Hundred-Armed form with a steady supply of projectiles.

Ashe plays with the fish and tries feeding them fruit.

Ashe approaches a group of fish. In the dream there is a sort of abstract understanding between them, so that they already know she is a friend. Together they play a kind of underwater tag. Everyone is trying to tap each other on the hand, or in most cases on the fin, but mostly they're just fooling around and having fun. Ashe allows the fish to swim circles around her for a little while, but after seven or eight taps she starts feeling competitive. She jets across the seafloor faster than they can see, tagging each member of the school in quick succession. The only one who can keep up with her is a little yellow guppy, who bops her on the side of the head. She laughs and slows down again so that the rest of the fish can have their fun.

When the game has ended, she feeds them with apples and watermelons that she pulls out of empty water. For the fish, it's an exotic feast the likes of which they've never seen before. They eagerly congregate around the food and dig in, complimenting Ashe on the vividness of her imagined flavors. She tries an apple herself, just to see whether it's true, and to her delight it tastes just like the real thing. Maybe even better, because it'd be hard to find an apple this sweet out in the desert. Are there even apples in the desert? It occurs to her that she hasn't seen any. The realization makes her aware that she's dreaming, or inspires just enough contemplation to wake her up. She spends her last few minutes in the ocean-world eating and laughing with the fish, as she slowly drifts back towards consciousness.

She opens her eyes slowly. There's a flash of color as something small, yellow, and suspiciously fishlike darts past her head.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:56:20 pm by Whisperling »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 17, 2019, 09:51:25 pm »

Ira focuses on honing her nothingness powers again.
"These beings are worrisome"
el basurero

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2019, 09:58:42 pm »

"RIP, TEAR AND FEED!!!"

Kill and eat them, then use half of their strength to make myself bigger and with a tougher exoskeleton. Then vomit my offspring, and make sure it has the same organ as I.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:10:31 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 17, 2019, 10:05:07 pm »

Hynsyr continues his practice towards Spear Mastery. Nothing less than the ability to rapidly arm his Hundred Armed Form will be enough.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 17, 2019, 11:20:42 pm »

Continue radiating my enthralling light, walk between the entranced, and crush the heart under my hoof. The spider god will be no more.

Without their god, they'll have no one to lead them. What a perfect chance to introduce myself as their new deity, and guide them to a bright future. I did not intent to cause harm to them, and only attacked those who rejected me and resisted against my will.

Once the heart has been rid of, gather the spiderlings and give them an offer: To serve me and join my herd, abandoning their dead god. If they agree to, I will grant them protection from their enemies and guidance. If they refuse, forcibly convert them into my thralls and indoctrinate them into my cult. They already failed to resist my charms once, and they will be lost without their spider god giving them the required strenght and cohesion.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 18, 2019, 12:00:24 am »

Gral, I did not expect, that it would come to this, but I really would like to buy assistance in exchange for favour

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 18, 2019, 01:23:05 am »

"What would you all want? A land you can call your own? Peace with spider-kind? Protection?"
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 35