Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 56994 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Light
« Reply #465 on: May 01, 2019, 03:28:47 pm »

Speak to the web delegates, also try to figure out, if Sekhmet and Erkhar made it(also, was not Erkhar supposed to be transported to bonefortress for recovery after that battle with sand)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 01, 2019, 09:49:14 pm »

Speak to the web delegates, also try to figure out, if Sekhmet and Erkhar made it(also, was not Erkhar supposed to be transported to bonefortress for recovery after that battle with sand)

"...

"You claim that these traders, these makers of  the goods that rebuilt your home, armored your troops,  and  improved your citizen's lives, would be treated as equals under the Godsbane program. Yet, in the same breath, you freely admit that, if the Web is rebuilt to its full strength,  those amongst you would be more than happy to rob them. Which is it, Amon? Are they equals, or outsiders? Or is this what equality means under the Godsbane:  the option to generously not  have one's crafts be seized  through submission, or the deadly axe of the  weapon you wish to crest the world?

Who would want this?

Was this supposed to reassure us?  Convince those on the fence that they would  have nothing to fear? All you've done is reveal how expendable you think we are.
"

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 09:53:03 pm by WyrdByrd »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 01, 2019, 10:27:52 pm »

"The Contractor is right. Is this how you treat your allies? Seems like I did right getting rid of your predecessor."

"Whatever answer the "primeling" gives, I wouldn't trust him. His actions do not match his words."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 02, 2019, 12:53:40 am »

"...

"You claim that these traders, these makers of  the goods that rebuilt your home, armored your troops,  and  improved your citizen's lives, would be treated as equals under the Godsbane program. Yet, in the same breath, you freely admit that, if the Web is rebuilt to its full strength,  those amongst you would be more than happy to rob them. Which is it, Amon? Are they equals, or outsiders? Or is this what equality means under the Godsbane:  the option to generously not  have one's crafts be seized  through submission, or the deadly axe of the  weapon you wish to crest the world?

Who would want this?

Was this supposed to reassure us?  Convince those on the fence that they would  have nothing to fear? All you've done is reveal how expendable you think we are.
"

There is sort of misunderstanding, I did not say anything about fellow spiderlings robbing silken nest the same moment web rebuilds its legions, I meant, that godsbane would equally protect all the spiderlings existance, and if great web were to fall before carnivorous vespa maggots or any other global threat, you would be next on their list.
Silken nest would have equal measure of control over godsbane usage as other factions of the web council.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 02, 2019, 01:44:59 am »

"...

Who would want this?

"

There is sort of misunderstanding, I did not say anything about fellow spiderlings robbing silken nest the same moment web rebuilds its legions, I meant, that godsbane would equally protect all the spiderlings existance, and if great web were to fall before carnivorous vespa maggots or any other global threat, you would be next on their list.
Silken nest would have equal measure of control over godsbane usage as other factions of the web council.

"...Are you threatening the Vespa? Before this insult, I was willing to ignore the Godsbane, but now...Now you'll face our power the moment the first step in building your abominable weapon is taken. And there will be no Spider God to save you from us. "
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 01:49:21 am by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 02, 2019, 08:35:23 am »

"
'I am afraid, that if the great council would not posess such strength in its disposal, quite many would rather prefer to just take all your precious steel goods from you with force then to trade.'
  Unless you're talking about some unknown competitor of ours, there is very little to misunderstand."

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 02, 2019, 10:23:49 am »

"
'I am afraid, that if the great council would not posess such strength in its disposal, quite many would rather prefer to just take all your precious steel goods from you with force then to trade.'
  Unless you're talking about some unknown competitor of ours, there is very little to misunderstand."

I would assume, that vespas constantly screaming about being superior to weak spiders  are certainly a threat.
Still, my task is defending spiderkind, and any tribe robbing another is not something I would allow to happen.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #472 on: May 02, 2019, 07:16:32 pm »

Ashe gets buried within a thousand tons of plant matter, losing consciousness.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 09, 2019, 11:29:55 pm »

sandy souls update pls <3
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 24, 2019, 09:24:49 am »

Pop up to that arachnal conference and tell the cute spiderlings that giant superweapons are bad and lame and they had better not pervert the glorious sun's energies in this way or I'll beatchu up.
Then leave a pretty flower and scram.

A delicate little white flower. When given water and sunlight it sings a gentle song that puts one's mind at ease and can help heal sickness or injury.

We dont even want to  mess with  your own sun, we hav artificial stars of our own for this purpose. 

Parun, this world respects only strength, and there are already disgusting creatures willing to put end to our species existance or to enslave us in chains of false worship, unless we will have strong enough mean of protecting ourself we will just be extinguished.
Have final vote and end the council meeting.

Zeristia: 4

While Amon's proposal has already been delivered, the High Council has yet to call a vote. Instead, the assembled delegates break into a series of smaller gatherings and cliques. Deals are made and speeches are delivered in private as various factions try to push for or against the Godsbane. Speakers from the tribes verbally joust with one another, but for the most part they make little progress. The real power lies with the immortals, who are pursuing their own agendas. Amon calls for a meeting of the three healthy Primelings and makes his case directly to Parun. The other demigod shifts uncomfortably.

"Are we really in danger, Amon? The maggots have been content to stay in their swamp, and creatures of Nothingness no longer dare to approach the Web. But building this weapon could turn the world against us. Why should we risk aggression from the Ironwinged, or give primordials a reason to become involved?

The unnamed Primeling remains silent. Its eyes are fixed directly on the other spiders, but the rest of its body language is entirely blank.

When it becomes clear that his siblings won't vote for the Godsbane, Amon turns to the rest of the Council. He addresses a speech to each major faction within the Web, addressing their concerns and offering further arguments in support of his plan. The Ironwinged actually take offense, which mostly prevents the Dustwalkers from changing their own position. Conversely, the Scarred tentatively come out in favor of the Godsbane, and the Spiderlings of the Web become more firm in their support. After Amon's reassurances, both groups now believe that the plan is feasible.

Just as the Council is about to reconvene, a being made from soil and moss appears in the center of the gathering. Zeristia momentarily takes a place at the pulpit. She says a few words to the delegates, who seem spooked by her appearance, then drops back down to the sand. In her place is a single white flower, planted directly in the center of the Council. Its petals produce a few notes of music as they rustle in the wind.

Voting goes forwards as planned, in spite of the interruption. The Order of Strands, the Scarred, and the Spiderlings of the Web all vote in favor of the Godsbane, the Ironwinged and Dustwalkers oppose it, and the Primelings abstain. Some delegates from Amon's coalition express concerns to him privately, mostly in regards to opposition from primordials, but his proposal still passes by one vote.

Go hunt for a Spider demigod alongside Meti to make an Earth Vespa out off, take the Fire Vespa along too, they will be useful in destroying it's webs.

Mereum gathers his offspring and leads them back into the center of the world. Chitin clicks as they advance, followed by buzzing and crackling sounds once Fire Vespas take to the air. If not for their black bodies, which are starkly visible in the daylight, Meruem could have easily mistaken them for stars. The bulbs on their back flicker with just as much intensity, despite the overall difference in size. Occasionally a curl of fire will even leak out, scorching the air or turning a few particles of sand to glass.

The swarm advances towards the place where Nazir died. The battlefield is abandoned now, but the Spiderling armies left a trail when they retreated back to the Great Web. Meruem follows it to a giant strand of silk, which stretches from the ground to the upper reaches of the sky. It leads toward the center of Spiderling civilization, and by extension to the ten Primelings. Seven of those ten will already be injured, if not dead. They should make for easy hunting.

I want to make things clear for this Sun: I am a god, and it's creator. Therefore, I should be the one illuminating it, not the other way around. Was it not created by my own power? The radiance the Sun has is my very own, for I am it's father. Does it really think that because it's above in the skies, it can treat me as if I was its equal?

Tell the Sun to stop being so hasty and forceful, and calm it down. I granted it form and thought. Is that not enough? Once the Sun has been calmed down, ask it to clarify what does it mean by "linking".

Aton shakes off the sunlight that is bombarding him. The sun's echoing message fades to mere background noise, giving him the opportunity to shout words of his own back at the Armor. His voice reverberates through the atmosphere until it reaches the Sun and stars. Their fires flicker for a moment as they consider his request, then flare even brighter. More patches of gold spread across the Herder's fur, this time originating in seemingly random parts of his body. One of his hooves turns the same brilliant white as his horns.

Instead of speaking in words, the Sun places jumbled images directly into Aton's mind. First is a sense of loss, divorced from the context which would make it comprehensible. The Smelter's Plate remembers being part of a whole, long before Zeristia placed it in the sky, but it does not remember who it was. Afterwards there is another figure, made out of obsidian rather than Essence, which transforms the Armor into a raging inferno. Aton sees shadows of a familiar black fire. Death comes, then rebirth. Light blossoms outwards.

It shines on a horned creature that has left itself open to the sand and the sky. That creature bolsters the Sun, and in doing so it stirs up strange energies. A dead god rises from within the armor, given shape by the ashes of a soul. A supernova awakens as a newborn, with vague memories of what came before. It flows into the world, towards pieces of glass and creatures like Aton, and tries to fill them with its power. Weak things burn away. The rest are transformed, connected to the Sun in a way that allows them to draw upon its golden radiance.

The sun does not know whether it is Aton's equal, or why that would matter. It seeks an ally upon the sands.

take ooze from the wall and solidify/crystalize it around the deer demons
"Damn it, I liked those shoes."
Jump out a window into the moat, then get everyone into the bus provide cover fire with that glass gun I made if needed, then drive out of there.

AJAMA: 1 & Apollyon: 3 vs. Deer-Demons: 2
Dr. Bob: 3 , 4

Dr. Bob stumbles back down the stairs. The carpet of mushrooms is still burning, and by now the floor itself is hot enough to burn his bare feet. There are also giant bees circling through the air, each one buzzing in a thousand indecipherable tongues. They form a circle around Bob and try to keep him from escaping, but he realizes that he has no choice. The doctor charges straight through the swarm, as if it isn't even there, and leaps out a hole in the wall of the Tower.

He plummets downwards, towards the base of the building. He can already see that he's going to overshoot the moat, so he does his best to angle himself back towards the water. The rest of the fall seems to take an eternity. He can hear voices shouting at him from within his own skull. Familiar, bloody messages rain down from the sky. One informs Dr. Bob that he doesn't exist. He even believes it for a moment, until he finally hits the moat. The resulting pain seems real enough.

Deer-Men drag him towards the bus. He sees black ooze splatter across the sand as one Deer-Demon finally breaks through the wall. AJAMA swings a crystalline ball of ooze at it, but it is already too late. The demon dodges, breaking one of its own legs in the process, then tries to drag itself over to the bus while the bone heals. Apollyon slows the creature down by covering it in a glob of non-ooze.

There is no time to waste. Dr. Bob hyperventilates to clear some of the hallucinogens from his system, then takes the wheel of the bus. He drives away from the tower, directly towards the wall of Ooze, and splashes through to the other side. The other trucks follow him in rapid succession, and together the group of Deer-Men accelerate out into the desert. The sounds of battle grow faint behind them.

Hynsyr now understanding the fragility of his Identity reaches once again into his Soul. He attempts to imprint his current Identity into his Soul so that even once his current Self is dead his future incarnations will inherit the memories and will of his present Self. He shall impart the order of the Cycle into his very Soul for death is not the breaking of the Self but a continuation. The past Self becomes the present Self and the present Self becomes the future Self in an unbroken cycle of Being. Through this Hynsyr will reach Eternity. His consciousness and memories passing on forever in never ending incarnations. For Hynsyr is the Soul and the Soul is Hynsyr and the Soul is both his Past and Future incarnations so therefore Hynsyr is also his Past and Future Selves as well. Time becoming meaningless in the Infinite Being of Nothing and Reality and Soul.

Hynsyr follow the old, familiar path through his being. First is the stillness of the mind. He brushes away nuisances like thought and sensation, so that he can focus entirely on his own soul. Something strange brushes up against his mind as he prepares to enter the trance state. It comes to him through his connections to Einyar and Yig rather than his own mind. The discontinuity puzzles him in a vague, unconcerned sort of way, but he sinks deeper into meditation before he can process it. Golden essence surrounds him. Hynsyr dives towards his heart, where the power is at its strongest, but this time he is too powerful to be burnt. The luminous sea parts before him, allowing him access to the inner sanctum of the soul.

He reaches through the void and brushes up against his self. Hynsyr struggles to remember his purpose as he experiences eternity. It is stronger now, reinforced by his prior experiences in this place, but the soul does not wish to cooperate. It is something flawless, abstract, and indestructible. It cannot be altered, even being a being which springs from its own will. The being recognizes the impossibility. It presses on anyway. Hynsyr draws streams of essence down into the soul, and fashions them into golden chains. They float above the flawless thing, bonded to it, disconnected from Hysyr's body. They are not eternal like the soul itself, but they will cling to it once it departs. Perhaps that will be enough.

"Calm down, Worm.  I doubt he'll want to go after a gardener."

East is to continue teaching the Groundlings to the best of their ability, letting them eventually begin to make their own achievements.
Have these new SteelSpinners construct a set of automatons purpose-built  for harvesting the Omni-grain fields.

East: 5
Steelspinners: 2+1

The Merchant of the East continues to pass its knowledge on to the Groundlings. Now that they've formed their society and learned their own magical techniques, it focuses on knowledge of the outside world. Its charges have never ventured outside the patch of soil created by the Life Machine, and so that have no understanding of the things which await them out in the sands. East begins by telling them about other mortal species. They already know about Ironwinged, who visit the Machine regularly, but they are surprised by the existence of other Spiderlings and shocked when the Merchant warns them about demons.

The Steelweavers produce spider-like automatons with legs that resemble scythes. Aetheric weavings are used to make them move, and to program them with simple instructions. Teams of Winged porters carry them down to the Wetlands, where the constructs are immediately put to work. They charge directly into the masses of Omni-Grain, using their limbs to carve away at the outermost layer of vegetation. The Drone bodies themselves are highly effective, but their pathfinding leaves much to be desired. Several are lost when they catapult themselves out into the depths of the grain, which quickly buries them or tears them apart.

Ira opens her maw as large as she can and fires a large beam of nothingness at the sand remnants.

5 v 5

Ira opens her mouth. A trickle of dust passes between her lips. For a moment she thinks that it's just dead sand, propelled by pressure rather than intent. Then it congeals into a glob halfway down her throat, forcing her to spend precious moments coughing it back up. Other, larger sand-creatures are approaching her all the while, forcing her to retreat backwards through the earth. She opens her mouth wider, until her jaw can move no further, and then focuses on the blood rushing through her body. Ira follows veins and capillaries to her chest, where the Absent Heart is hammering against her ribcage.

She draws upon its power. Nothingness floods outwards through her body. It washes through her organs and gollects in her intestines, as a kind of concentrated plasma. The energy boils up her stomach and through her windpipe. It emerges from her mouth as a furious black beam that lances through the earth. Living sand crumbles and groans as portions of its mass are annihilated. They move backwards, as if to run, but Ira sweeps her head from side to side. The beam moves with it, arcing across each remnant of the Living World.

Ashe gets buried within a thousand tons of plant matter, losing consciousness.

Ashe stares blankly out into the distance. Just moments ago the Wetlands were filled with rushing rivers and lakes of pure water, but now the entire landscape has been overtaken by golden wheat. It grows explosively, from every available surface. Seed pods have taken root on riverbanks, underneath sand dunes, and even in the lakebed beneath her feet. The plants are tossing her around, but for some reason she doesn't feel inclined to escape them. Her mind retreats into itself, so a place deep within her soul. As it does so, her surroundings begin to blur.

Smaller stalks weave themselves through the old growth. A few of them grow around Ashe's limbs as well, tangling her up. She doesn't notice when they restrict her movement, or even when a few errant fronts block her view of the sun. The vegetation thickens until it blocks out the light, then becomes dense enough to bury her alive. She simply keeps staring out into space, oblivious to the tomb of plant matter that surrounds her.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Update (click to show/hide)

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2019, 10:49:39 am »

Hynsyr heads back to the Spires. His journey to better himself over for now. Now he needs to check on his children to see how they are handling themselves in his absence. He'll also need to catch up on whatever chaos his siblings and their creations have start causing since his journey began.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2019, 11:00:24 am »

((Woo-hoo, so fun it is back, but I still always get 1's   :( ))
"It seems like Dr.Bob isn't intrested in teaching now, never mind, I will try talk to him later"
Try trap the Deer-demons in crystalized ooze, and take all the fragments to the edge of the nothingness ooze outside the darkness of the anti-star
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 24, 2019, 12:50:13 pm »

((Daily updates sounds good to me!~ It'll let me actually complete my complex godding plans in a timely frame!))

Find a suitable and secluded spot in the wetlands to create a secret garden. Rip up any pesky weeds like omniwheat that cover the area and erect a fence
covered in venomous barbs.

If that doesn't count as its own action, start on my first big project. This may take multiple turns and rolls.

Spoiler: projekt (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 24, 2019, 12:57:45 pm »

Time to climb. Meruem will modify his limbs to have a better sticking to them, and ask his son to do the same.

"JUST GIVE US THE BODIES OF YOUR FALLEN BRETHREN SPIDERS! NO ONE HAS TO GET HURT!" He shouted to the skies.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 03:13:47 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 24, 2019, 02:42:31 pm »

The fact that it seeks an ally means that it has an enemy in mind. Ask the Sun what are it's intentions, because if it continues going like this, it will only find more enemies. Did I ask to have my body transformed like this? If you want to give your power so much, don't go forcibly shoving it on other people's faces.

Ask again. What does the Sun need an ally for? What is its goal? Because I also have a goal, and I also need an ally for it.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 35