Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 56322 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns
« on: February 15, 2019, 07:46:00 pm »

Sand & Souls

Spoiler: What is Known (click to show/hide)

In the beginning, there is sand.

It is an infinite plane that extends in every direction. There is nothing above it but air, and nothing below it except for more sand.

You also exist, but the details are a bit hazy. You don't have a body, or a location, or even real thought patterns. You do sense that there are other beings like you, but they're in more or less the same state.

This state of affairs continues undisturbed for another thousand years. You don't really notice, absorbed as you are in the nothingness. But then you start to wonder. What would it be like, to have a body? To see and feel the sand yourself, instead of sensing it dispassionately? Maybe you could even be something that isn't sand. Wouldn't that be exciting!

The notion appeals to you, and so you begin work on your first creation: an identity.

What is your name?

What form will you take?

What is your purpose?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:26:32 am by Whisperling »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 05:57:08 am »

My name is ALTERTHENTERRINTARTINTH.

My body is less than the nothing of vacuum.

My purpose is no purpose.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 07:19:09 am »

What is your name? gyaweft

What form will you take? A Humanoid armor with filled with fire.

What is your purpose? Making Glass
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 08:26:44 am »

What is your name? Dr. Bob

What form will you take? A humanoid with the head of a deer that wears a lab coat.

What is your purpose? To do something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 06:16:04 pm »

I see I'll be coming up with a lot of abbreviations. Other than that you're fine.

Spoiler: Gyaweft (click to show/hide)

You, on the other hand, get the official GM seal of approval.

Spoiler: Dr. Bob (click to show/hide)

Interesting purpose you have there. I suppose it might be passable, in a world where nothing has ever been done before.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 06:39:05 pm »

A͈͕̯͙̤̲̱̻w҉̬͎͟a̵͉͙͈̲͡͡k̞̖̘̘͚e͉̟̖͙̙̰͟ͅņ̪͙̱̼ the sands.

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 07:04:25 pm »

Name: 『  』, or Kūhaku for those who can not pronounce that without words.

Appearance: Nothing more than an empty canvas, a reflection of the world around me.

Purpose: Creation and Destruction. Movement and Change. To Generate and Reflect. A Myriad of Colors and Ideas.

Create an Ocean. A different type of grain coalesced from the air. Wet, where everything was dry before.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 07:06:05 pm »

Use my inner fire to mold the sand into glass globes with a piece of my inner fire inside them, then throw the globes into the sky creating the stars.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 04:14:05 am »

Use large amounts of pressure to make some of the sand into sandstone.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 10:53:11 am »

Name : Nazir
form : giant constantly colour shifting  spider with glowing green eyes,
Goal : spinning the webs of whatever( life, death, magic, fertility, random pranks  ) Granting other gifts

Make web, big web.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 04:46:18 pm »

Five soul abandon their formlessness and descend upon the world. They dance through the stagnant air, and wind begins to blow. They land on the ground, still and lifeless, and for the first time something begins to move. The sand kicked up by their movement swirls, and within this great cyclone the newborns begin to create themselves.

Grains of sand begin to gather, morphing into limbs, mirrors, strange absences. The souls inhabit them, and from this combination of matter and spirit five primordial entities begin to coalesce:

ALTERTHENTERRINTARTINTH, the Empty. Paradoxically, they cease to exist as soon as they come to life.

Gyaweft, the Smelter. Fire pours from the gaps in their armor, scorching the ground around them.

Dr. Bob, the Unmoved Mover. He surveys the world and prepares to act.

Kūhaku, the Mirror. For now, their body is blank and colorless in the darkness. There will soon be far more for it to reflect.

Nazir, the Weaver. Their eyes illuminate the sand in vibrant shades of green.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A͈͕̯͙̤̲̱̻w҉̬͎͟a̵͉͙͈̲͡͡k̞̖̘̘͚e͉̟̖͙̙̰͟ͅņ̪͙̱̼ the sands.

The hole in reality whispers to the sand, filling it with intent and the spark of life. The ground stirs, awareness echoing out into the infinite, and gradually the desert begins to come to life.

ALTERTH continues, eagerly describing the process of his own awaking. There is a pregnant pause when he mentions consciousness, the beginning of independent thought. Then the ground begins to roil, suddenly angry. Dunes rise and disappear in the space of an eyeblink. Coarse tendrils clutch ALTERTH, and sinkholes threaten to swallow every primordial whole.

Create an Ocean. A different type of grain coalesced from the air. Wet, where everything was dry before.

A ripple passes through the sand, and Kuhaku is inspired. They feel another substance in the air around them, a fluid instead of solid grains, and reach into the atmosphere to bring it forth. A thin stream of water comes into existence before their eyes, falling onto the desert with a soft pattering sound.

The mirrored entity reaches for more, but finds that they have already depleted the air. It stings now, drier than dry.

Use my inner fire to mold the sand into glass globes with a piece of my inner fire inside them, then throw the globes into the sky creating the stars.

Gyaweft melts sand with his own internal fire, turning it into beautiful spheres of glass. He is so absorbed in the task that he continues even once his material has started to scream.

After placing a wisp of his own fiery essence in each of the completed globes, he tosses them up into the sky. Some fall, shattering into a million glorious shards as they rejoin the earth, but many begin to hover far above the raging sands. They shed a soft light over the world, making its chaotic flailing visible to all.

Use large amounts of pressure to make some of the sand into sandstone.

6v3

Dr. Bob compacts the sand, squeezing it together until it begins to stick. Then the sand twitches, and in a moment it begins squeezing him back.

The newly-minted doctor struggles until the sandy tentacle clutching him is forced to drop him to the ground. He's too young to die! Practically an infant! There's so much to live for!

The sand says nothing, but its body language remains highly aggressive.

Make web, big web.

Nazir's second creation, after their own body, is a large web. So large, in fact, that the spider finds it too difficult to restrain himself to the ground. He skitters upwards, searchingly, and finds that someone else has created glass stars to illuminate the void. Nazir ties strands of silk to them, and weaves a web that encompasses vast swathes of the cosmos, sand and sky alike.

When the sand begins to rebel, he hangs safely up above it.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 05:51:38 pm »

Pour fire around me killing the sand to create a glass palace

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 09:41:25 pm »

[R̡̀͝e̕͡s҉̸̡́͡p̴̶͘ę̷̛̕͜c̡̢̀͟t҉̡̀ ̴̴̢t̀҉̷ḩ̛͝e̕͠ ͡͏̀̕s͏̧̧̧a̴͢n̸̡͝d̨̀̀͢s̛͏́͞ ̴̶͡͠l̸̶̨̛e̷͟s̷̕͟͝t̸̵̡͞ ̵̴̛̀y͏̸̛̕o̶̢̧͠͏u͟͞͡͞ ̧̛̛͘r̕͡e̸̡̛͘͠t͝ų͞ŗ̵̛̀n̨͞ ̶̶̢̧́t̨̀͞ó̴́̀ ̡̨͟t̸̸̢̕͝h͘͠͠é̵͝m̴͡.̡̨́͟]

Allow the sands to destroy me and consume my power, if they can. If the sands are unable or unwilling to kill me, torture them until they are.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 06:00:00 am »

Quick make the water from earlier alive and make it fight the sand, and escape while the sands distracted.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 02:12:11 pm »

Draw water from the elements in the sand to make this Ocean.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35