Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 56304 times)

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 02:49:12 pm »

Nazir
Shhh, foolish god is about to sacrifice himself to sand.
Give birth to tiny intellegent spiders capable of feeding by bathing in light of stars.   

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 11:16:49 pm »

Pour fire around me killing the sand to create a glass palace

1v1

A particulate hand grips Gyaweft, smothering his flames before they can escape out into the desert. The heat builds up, trapped inside the sands's fist, and slowly his surroundings begin to liquify. Molten glass flows over him, encasing his body and leaking through the gaps in his armor, but somehow the sand continues to hold on.

When the pressure stops and the heat disperses, Gyaweft is suspended in the center of a massive chunk of glass.

[R̡̀͝e̕͡s҉̸̡́͡p̴̶͘ę̷̛̕͜c̡̢̀͟t҉̡̀ ̴̴̢t̀҉̷ḩ̛͝e̕͠ ͡͏̀̕s͏̧̧̧a̴͢n̸̡͝d̨̀̀͢s̛͏́͞ ̴̶͡͠l̸̶̨̛e̷͟s̷̕͟͝t̸̵̡͞ ̵̴̛̀y͏̸̛̕o̶̢̧͠͏u͟͞͡͞ ̧̛̛͘r̕͡e̸̡̛͘͠t͝ų͞ŗ̵̛̀n̨͞ ̶̶̢̧́t̨̀͞ó̴́̀ ̡̨͟t̸̸̢̕͝h͘͠͠é̵͝m̴͡.̡̨́͟]

Allow the sands to destroy me and consume my power, if they can. If the sands are unable or unwilling to kill me, torture them until they are.

Devouring Sands: 4/2

The sand tears away chunks of ALTERTH's body, feasting on not-flesh and lapping up the sweet nothingness that is their blood. The primordial only urges it onwards, even as their essence is devoured, and once sensation dims ALERTH can feel itself being absorbed. Strands of nonexistence course through the desert, drawn into the infinite depths of the earth...

Something breaks, and a few last wisps of consciousness find themselves drifting through the air. They dissolve gradually, beneath the dimming light of the stars.

ALTERTHENTERRINTARTINTH has been slain?

Quick make the water from earlier alive and make it fight the sand, and escape while the sands distracted.

6v3

Dr. Bob breathes life into the water, willing the puddles to coalesce into a single aqueous entity. They obey, sluggishly, and soon a half-formed water elemental rises from the ground. Your creation struggles against the sand, but a few gallons of water are no match for the might of the living cosmos. Sandy appendages slap it around and eventually splash it apart.

You run anyway, but the sand is omnipresent. Its tendrils follow you wherever you go, regardless of how far you run or where you try to hide. The only safe place is up above, where spiderlings have begun to spread across Nazir's web.

Draw water from the elements in the sand to make this Ocean.

Kuhaku tries to create more water, this time by drawing it from the earth. He pulls at the sand, but instead of pure water a wave of mud bubbles up from beneath the ground. The swamp pours outwards in all directions, churning as the sand underneath it shifts. Occasionally a dune rising from the bottom of the bog will breach the surface, becoming a small island until fluctuations in the sand make it sink back to the bottom.

Nazir
Shhh, foolish god is about to sacrifice himself to sand.
Give birth to tiny intellegent spiders capable of feeding by bathing in light of stars.   

Nazir makes the first of the Spiderlings, an intelligent race shaped in the image of their creator. They crawl across the strands of his great web and up towards the stars, where they can feed on the light of Gyaweft's divine fire. But there is one fatal flaw in their design: starlight is dim, and the Spiderlings are many.

The strongest cling directly to the glass spheres, where they can consume light as soon as it is produced. They blot out the stars, plunging everything else into darkness. The rest carpet the web, battling each other for territory and supremacy. Defeated Spiderlings fall onto the desert, where they are quickly swallowed by the sand.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 11:20:58 pm by Whisperling »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 12:06:54 am »

What is your name? Ira

What form will you take? A monstrous worm with a giant maw

What is your purpose? To destroy the sand

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devour the sand
el basurero

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 04:04:46 am »

Climb up the webs to get away from the sand.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 05:22:29 am »

melt the glass around me to create more stars.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 07:09:04 am »

Grant some spiderlings ability to feed by consuming sand and to stay hidden while near sand. 

*removes silk top hat and waves it to Dr Bob*

My respect!

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 09:09:52 am »

What is your name?  Gral, the Contractor.

What form will you take? A vulture with glistening, metallic wings,  upon which  an ever-shifting set of words is written.
What is your purpose? To make deals.

Fly to  some of the defeated Spiderlings on their way down, offering  them the power of flight in exchange for service.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:14:09 am by WyrdByrd »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 09:25:53 am »

More Water from Sand. This swamp pleases me.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 09:45:57 pm »

Two more souls manifest in reality. Awareness develops, identities form, and sand becomes flesh and metal as the entities carve their new bodies from the desert.

Ira, the World-Eater. They open their mouth, already burning with rage.

Gral, the Contractor. Metal feathers clang as they take flight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Devour the sand

4v4

Ira tunnels into the sand, eating as much of it as will fit in their mouth, but soon the vast organism begins to fight back. It tries to wrap the worm in pseudopods, buffet them with its fists, and even crush the worm under its weight, but Ira keeps eating, and eating, and eating. The sand's limbs slow their progress, but each one that touches the primordial is rapidly consumed.

This stalemate continues for hours as Ira tunnels forwards and is periodically beaten back.

Climb up the webs to get away from the sand.

Dr. Bob runs to the nearest strand of silk and up out of the sand's reach. The swarm of Spiderlings parts, none of them willing to be trampled something thousands of times larger than a spider, and when he sits down to rest the bugs resume their war at a respectful difference. Occasionally, a Spiderling falls from above, gets up, and scurries away as soon as it takes one look at the humanoid primordial.

From this vantage point, he can watch new stars rise into the sky. Misshapen shadows are rising too, from a place near Kuhaku's marsh. It takes Dr. Bob a moment to realize that some of those shadows are flying directly towards him.

melt the glass around me to create more stars.

Gyweft releases his internal fire again, this time to reshape the glass surrounding him. He scoops out gooey, red-hot chunks of silicate and transforms them into a new set of stars, imbued with even stronger fire than the last. By the time he digs himself out of the massive globule, he has made enough to illuminate universe once again.

He throws each star into the sky, targeting areas that aren't accessible from Nazir's web. They burn brightly, and this time they aren't smothered by Spiderlings.

Grant some spiderlings ability to feed by consuming sand and to stay hidden while near sand. 

*removes silk top hat and waves it to Dr Bob*

My respect!

The new stars are a great boon to the Spiderlings, but there still aren't enough resources to go around. Nazir's solution, inspired by the manifestation of the World-Eater, is simple. Spiders that can feed on sand will never go hungry.

They modifies a few of their children, changing the spiders' biology until they can feed on sand as well as light. Then Nazir places them on the ground to feed. The desert quickly notices them, and moves to wipe them out, but the newly-created Dustwalkers are difficult to find. They stay in hiding, fighting a guerrilla war against the entire world.

Fly to  some of the defeated Spiderlings on their way down, offering  them the power of flight in exchange for service.

Forced to choose between service and death, most of the Spiderlings accept Gral's deal. They grow wings like his, each feather inked with the full details of their contract.

As it turns out, the difficult part is using their new gift. Gral's servants can glide back to the web, but they inevitably begin to fall again if they do anything too ambitious. They simply don't have the instincts of a true bird.

More Water from Sand. This swamp pleases me.

Kuhaku tries to pull more water out of the ground, but something is different this time. The sand has taken notice, and consuming ALERTH only whetted its appetite.

Sand and shadows pour out of the earth, taking shape in a crude imitation of the primordials themselves. Each one is unique- Kuhaku can see a humanoid with its limbs bent backwards, a horned serpent that crawls along the bottom of the marsh, a strange amalgam with a thousand ravening mouths- but they are all horrifying.

The demons shriek as they disperse. Many advance on Kuhaku.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 11:20:17 pm »

Task the  Winged Spiderlings with   building a silken nest at around halfway down the web, but a solid glide's distance away from it. Should any other Spiderlings fall near or onto the nest, they shall be offered the same  choice of contract. Should they refuse, they must perform a fall-cycle's amount of labor on the nest in exchange for passage back to the web, if they had landed upon it by happenstance. Then, fly   above to the desert, and offer  a contract to any Dustwalkers in the area: in exchange for providing information on the world below,  the eyes of opportunists and tacticians will be granted to all who accept them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:22:01 pm by WyrdByrd »

MrThrowaway

• Bay Watcher
  • The Trashman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2019, 12:20:53 am »

Ira emerges from the sand, it's stomach filled with sand, and seething with anger

Ira sculpts the sand in its belly in the shape of itself, turning sand into flesh, and imbues the flesh with its divine rage and essence. Ira spits out a mass of worms and gives one command. EAT!

Ira creates the Sand Worms, worms who feed on sand and grow bigger the older they get.
el basurero

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2019, 05:39:12 am »

"I hate sand."
Climb up higher all the way to the stars.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2019, 06:22:59 am »

Teach chosen spiders weaving spiritual webs by words of power to catch demons and malicious things

Drop silk rope to Dr Bob to help him in his rising quest

The word seems to weave in rather silly way

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2019, 06:33:19 am »

Joinble?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 12:52:55 pm »

Joinble?

Feel free to join, yeah. This game doesn't have any player limit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 35