Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35

Author Topic: Sand & Souls - Let There Be Turns  (Read 56299 times)

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sand & Souls - World Creation RTD
« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2019, 08:19:24 am »

Gral, I did not expect, that it would come to this, but I really would like to buy assistance in exchange for favour
Few ever do, Nazir. Fortunately, I am always ready to bargain. The standard rate is  three favors. If you find that acceptable, all you have to do is say the word.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:31:23 am by WyrdByrd »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2019, 08:50:22 am »

Gral, I did not expect, that it would come to this, but I really would like to buy assistance in exchange for favour
Few ever do, Nazir. Fortunately, I am always ready to bargain. The standard rate is  three favors. If you find that acceptable, all you have to do is say the word.

Seems, that situation demands it, if I survive and this monstrosity is killed, I would gladly repay three favours.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 18, 2019, 09:39:28 am »

Seems, that situation demands it, if I survive and this monstrosity is killed, I would gladly repay three favours.
Lovely. Of course, things will focus more on the former than the latter, but we can work that out once you're whole again.

Have the Life  Machine  draw all the  water from the border of the Wetlands, and redirect it  onto Nazir's battlefield, also providing a break for the encroaching grain.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 18, 2019, 09:43:51 am »

Ehm, I am about to have my burning body trampled, and my eyes are ash, I think it might require more direct assitance

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 18, 2019, 10:00:33 am »

Ehm, I am about to have my burning body trampled, and my eyes are ash, I think it might require more direct assitance

Patience, Weaver. Good things come to those that wait. The first order of business is ensuring that  said body is no longer burning.

Scramble a team of Ironwinged to retrieve Nazir's body,  and bring him back to the Great Web.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 18, 2019, 02:09:00 pm »

My children, dont fall for the lies of this false god, as they would lead you only to damnation

Try to utilise massive power of spiderkinds faith  to shapeshift into massive body of golden light and heavily burn this bovine monstrosity, have primelings assist me in this ritual, its not like you can trust sentinels competence in this matters.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2019, 04:15:10 pm »

"Oh shit I fucked with the natural order of things and I created demons!"
Grab them and quickly throw them out a window, then shut the window and observe what the deer demons do.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2019, 09:07:47 pm »

Ashe takes chase, trying to find the yellow fish.

Perhaps there is a whole school of them somewhere!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2019, 10:42:52 pm »

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2019, 01:40:34 am »

Ira focuses on honing her nothingness powers again.
"These beings are worrisome"

Ira calms her mind so that she can concentrate on her heartbeat. She lets the Silent thumping draw her into a trance, where Nothingness beckons to her like sunken treasure from the deep. She finds herself falling into a rhythm, breathing more slowly, and even allowing some Non-breath to leak out of her mouth. There is a palpitation. Ira gags on something as the sand in her stomach works its way back up. It merges with the Absence in her breath, hardening into a sharp ball of rock which nevertheless fails to harm her throat.

When she coughs it up, a jagged lump of obsidian flies out of her mouth. It hits the ground at speed and lodges itself in a pile of sand. The sandworm experimentally tries to repeat the process. Another piece of black stone exits her gullet, this time shaped like a perfect block. She finds that she can will the stone to harden in any shape she wants. Controlling its velocity is also possible, which is handy when she's trying to spit out a wall instead of a projectile. Attacks have their nuances too, though. Ira can do anything from a cannonball to a rain of needles.

"RIP, TEAR AND FEED!!!"

Kill and eat them, then use half of their strength to make myself bigger and with a tougher exoskeleton. Then vomit my offspring, and make sure it has the same organ as I.

Meruem: 6 vs. Horde: 5
4 , 6

Meruem leaps into the demons' formation and becomes a cloud of whirling limbs. He decapitates one monster with a powerful backhand, smashes two more against each other until they collapse, then rips the heart of a monkey-shaped demon straight out of its chest. The rest of the horde gnaws at his flanks, leaving deep bite-marks in his flesh, but that only brings them closer to Meruem's stinger. He injects venom into each of them in rapid succession, causing their bodies to flake away until nothing remains. The last survivor, a shark with spider legs, leaps at the Spawner and closes its jaws around his throat. It is torn off and unceremoniously ripped to pieces.

Wisps of Nonexistent essence rise from the corpses. Meruem gathers it up, then swallows every spirit in one gulp. They crawl through his stomach and into the essence-bladder, which swells until it is nearly bursting at the seams. Some of the Nothingness seeps out into his body. The Spawner embraces it, allowing it to bond to his flesh. He feels a sudden sensation of pressure as his carapace becomes too small. It cracks open, allowing his new body to burst out. It is reinforced by Nothing, which manifests as black swirls that dot his carapace. He also gains a faint connection to something in the distance.

When he has acclimated to the changes, Meruem vomits out the rest of the stored essence. It merges with the contents of his stomach on the way back up, becoming a misshapen ball of flesh. Organs and body parts form within the cyst, including an essence bladder similar to the Spawner's. Further mutations create legs and wings, each from a different kind of insect. The only matching parts are the eyes, which are utterly black. Little pieces of Absence swirl inside.

Hynsyr continues his practice towards Spear Mastery. Nothing less than the ability to rapidly arm his Hundred Armed Form will be enough.

Hynsyr unfolds his Hundred Armed Form, then reaches outwards with his many limbs. Spears fall into some of his hands, but not into others. Despite his mastery over the form itself, he finds it difficult to focus on every single arm in rapid succession. That makes it difficult for him to visualize a spear in each one, at least unless he's willing to allow flaws to creep into the working. It's an issue that stems not from his processing speed, but from his limited ability to focus. With that in mind, Hynsyr tries a different approach. For a single instant, he divides his mind into a hundred separate streams of thought.

The sheer amount of mental activity to keep up with is overwhelming. Thousands of individual thoughts and visualizations race through his brain at once, shouting over one another and competing for attention. There's no semblance of organization, much less the mental clarity that he needs to invoke the spears. A few flickers of light appear in each hand, but interference between thought-processes keeps them from solidifying. In his next attempt, Hynsyr makes his hundred selves coordinate with each other instead. After several seconds spent grouping thoughts together and deciding upon common courses of action, a full complement of spears drops into his hands.

"What would you all want? A land you can call your own? Peace with spider-kind? Protection?"

Apollyon bobs up and down.

"We want purpose. Something bigger than selves. But maybe also other things. A land? Better lives? A role in the world? Before we had a place to be and thing to do. We helped sand, got directed by the Empty thing. That is gone now."

"Tell us how to help, what to strive for. We will follow."

Continue radiating my enthralling light, walk between the entranced, and crush the heart under my hoof. The spider god will be no more.

Without their god, they'll have no one to lead them. What a perfect chance to introduce myself as their new deity, and guide them to a bright future. I did not intent to cause harm to them, and only attacked those who rejected me and resisted against my will.

Once the heart has been rid of, gather the spiderlings and give them an offer: To serve me and join my herd, abandoning their dead god. If they agree to, I will grant them protection from their enemies and guidance. If they refuse, forcibly convert them into my thralls and indoctrinate them into my cult. They already failed to resist my charms once, and they will be lost without their spider god giving them the required strenght and cohesion.

Have the Life  Machine  draw all the  water from the border of the Wetlands, and redirect it  onto Nazir's battlefield, also providing a break for the encroaching grain.
Scramble a team of Ironwinged to retrieve Nazir's body,  and bring him back to the Great Web.
My children, dont fall for the lies of this false god, as they would lead you only to damnation

Try to utilise massive power of spiderkinds faith  to shapeshift into massive body of golden light and heavily burn this bovine monstrosity, have primelings assist me in this ritual, its not like you can trust sentinels competence in this matters.
BURN.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Nazir inhales fire. It burns his windpipe and his lungs, but in between bursts of numbing agony he croaks out a few words. Some drift up to the Great Web, where Spiderlings mobilize en masse. Others reach the Wetlands, where Gral agrees to a Bargain that could save the spider's life. Merchants, Ironwinged and Buzzards all leap into action. They collaborate with the High Council of the Web, who plan to stage a rescue operation, and alert the Dustwalkers of their creator's plight. The troops of the Bone Fortress march for a second time, towards a second fiery hole in the earth.

The Life Machine rips energy from the edges of the Wetlands. It sends it outwards as a wave, to sweep over the inferno that has enveloped Nazir. Vitality reacts unpredictably as it slams into the destructive energies of the blaze. Some power is swept aside, causing nearby sand-dunes to transform into dry soil. Some melds with the flames, forming blooms of molten obsidian. Petals spray outwards, seeding the area with lesser fires that creep towards the Weaver. There is a moment of respite for him as Not-fire scatters. Gral uses the opening to reach through the Bargain. It peels off aspects of its body to hurl at Aton and Nazir. The Herder's hooves are weighed down by metal feathers, while the nourishing magic of the Omni-Grain floods Nazir's dying body.

There is a period of relative calm as the flames regroup and swarms of mortal Spiderlings approach. Aton drags himself towards the Weaver one laborious step at a time, struggling under the increased weight of his hooves. The spider has just enough energy to call to the Primelings, some of whom are still alive. They pluck threads of aether out of the air, but their spirits have been weakened by the flames. The body that they weave is too weak to contain the spirit of a primordial. Nazir tries cramming his spirit into it anyway, and the strands break apart. They blow away on an aetheric wind, leaving his soul adrift. It decays slowly, bound to his heart by only the thinnest of threads.

Aton steps closer. He is lifting his hooves farther off the ground, now. That isn't quite enough to protect him when the cavalry arrives. Spiderling tribes from the Web and the Fortress crawl across the battlefield, armed with Pacts that offer them some protection against the bull's aura. The light of the disc still strikes the blind, disrupting their spells and their aim, but whenever they pause the magic of the Bargain compels them to keep moving. A few acid-blasts and fireballs strike come close enough to burn away patches of Aton's fur. A force blast breaks off part of his horn, causing the golden disc to waver. Tongues of flame close in, eager to consume the spirits of Nazir's creations. They sweep across Aton on their way to the spider.

The Absent Fire reaches Nazir just moments before the bull. It eats away his body, allowing Aton to put a feather-laden hoof directly through the Weaver's heart.

"Oh shit I fucked with the natural order of things and I created demons!"
Grab them and quickly throw them out a window, then shut the window and observe what the deer demons do.

Dr. Bob: 1 & Deer-Men: 4 vs. Fiends: 1

Dr. Bob clutches one of the Deer-Demons and swings it towards the window. It doesn't budge. Claws burst from the tips of her fingers, spattering him with drops of blood as they pierce the skin. The demon raises her arms, as if to rake her hands across his face, but is interrupted when a silk net lands on her face. The other Deer-Men are dogpiling their corrupted kin, using weapons made from silk or glass to restrain them. They bind the three tightly, then open a window so that they can be hurled out onto the sands. The demons hit the ground with enough force to break bones, but none of them seem to mind.

In fact, their bodies knit back together with alarming speed. Their broken limbs are gradually straightening out, then scarring over where bits of a shattered humerus or tibia hit the skin. In the meantime, the demons are growing additional claws and spurs of bone to cut themselves free of their bindings. When they stand, spikes and sharp protrusions jut out of random parts of their bodies. They retract inwards, leaving behind bloody wounds that the Deer-Demons regenerate from within moments. After that, they start hammering the sides of the bus. The reinforced glass is strong enough to withstand it, but a few particularly powerful blows create hairline fractures. One of the Deer-Men standing next to Dr. Bob nudges him.

"Uh. Maybe we should get away?"

Ashe takes chase, trying to find the yellow fish.

Perhaps there is a whole school of them somewhere!

2 v 4

Ashe flips over and swims after the yellow fish. It flies through the water at a blistering pace, occasionally even jumping up into the air so that it can hop from one body of water to another. She follows it through more lakes, rivers and streams than she has the time to count, but the fish is always just a few body-lengths away from her. Once, as she's trudging through a particularly shallow pond, it even swims a circle around her before darting off again. Ashe splashes through the water to try and catch up with it, but her quarry gone within seconds. She doesn't even see it again until she uses some rapids as a shortcut.

The river takes her past a muddy hollow in the ground, where the fish is waiting for her. She jets out of the water, fully prepared to pursue it, but instead of running away it just splashes her with its tail. Up close, Ashe can see that it's a yellow guppy just like the one that outraced her in the dream. It leaps into the air three times, making three distinctive plops as it falls back into the water. As if on cue, the rest of the school emerges from concealing bits of mud or grass. They swirl around Ashe playfully, then start tagging each other and darting off in random directions.

Spoiler: Souls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2019, 02:51:00 am »

Having run its course, the flame consumes itself, and paradoxically ceases to be.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2019, 03:45:18 am »

((I am bad at making decisions, just now I decided to make more decisions))
"Knowledge is a noble goal, creation, distribution and preservation of knowledge will be our goal for now, first, writing may be useful"
Have anyone who can't fly stand on the crusted ooze, then lift it and fly to the desert bus.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 19, 2019, 06:17:02 am »

"Hopefully they don't remember where we live, cause if they do we're screwed."
Get to the drivers seat and drive out of there as fast as possible, if the deer demons manage to follow lead them out into the desert and lose them before returning to the tower.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 19, 2019, 01:13:13 pm »

"Hmm, your name will be...Mati, yes, that's an alright name. Now come my child, hunt with me."

Meruem will now search for more prey alongside his firstborn, using the time not spent searching he'll try to improve his essence bladder.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 19, 2019, 01:20:41 pm »

Hynsyr will refine his mind splitting technique even further. Any amount of wasted time could be a deciding factor in the conflicts that have plagued the desert since the awakening of his kind.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 35