Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Fixed] Having a slight problem with Meph's tileset  (Read 1929 times)

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
[Fixed] Having a slight problem with Meph's tileset
« on: February 17, 2019, 09:44:45 am »

It's fairly simple, but it's weird asf. Every time I install Meph's tileset, whether it be the whole pack or the bare bones on a fresh install of Dwarf Fortress, I get this graphical glitch where all of the words are replaced by textures:
https://gyazo.com/2213b7215f65338005be167c0257d8d3
Is there a simple, commonly acknowledged fix, is this a bug, or what?

For reference I had no other mods installed when I tried this the 2nd time, but the 1st time I had 'All races playable 2_1' on there. The screenshot is from the 2nd time.

Update: I've reinstalled Meph's mod 3 times from 2 different links and nothing's worked. I can say with 99% certainty that I didn't disable dfhack considering I've left the files, the settings, everything untouched. Has anyone else experienced this issue and have a fix?

Update: I've installed it once more and it works for some reason now! Now just to fix my ability to play as goblins! Hurrah!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:03:59 pm by Dragonslayerelf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Having a slight problem with Meph's tileset
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 10:53:44 am »

A: Please post this in the tileset thread.
B: Simple solution: Your TWBT/Dfhack is turned off.

Do you use the full pack or the barebones version on mac/linux? If you use it on windows, everything comes pre-installed. No idea how you disabled dfhack by accident.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Having a slight problem with Meph's tileset
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 11:11:02 am »

Oh, sorry. I figured only tileset mods went there and figured it'd be best to post here for mod support. However, no, dfhack was enabled when this happened the 1st time. Still happened, I have no idea why.

Edit: Sorry if I was unclear. Yes, I installed the whole version, then I installed the bare bones, then I fiddled around a bit more before giving up.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 12:19:54 pm by Dragonslayerelf »

cloudy101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Fixed] Having a slight problem with Meph's tileset
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 06:56:50 pm »

Hey,
You need to copy the FIle:
copy ~/Downloads/twbt-6.61-linux/twbt.plug.so
to: ~/df_linux/hack/plugins/

bye

cloudy101