Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: The Dwarven Language Codified  (Read 74738 times)

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Language Codified
« Reply #225 on: September 05, 2019, 08:04:55 am »

Huh, I just now saw the translation of the human rights thing. Odd. How did I not notice that two weeks ago? Anyway, the translation looks good, though that -zilir'shoveth thing seems odd to me. It works grammatically, and I can't think of a better translation for "should", so I think it is acceptable. I think Unolmisttar is a great translation for "conscience". The word science comes from the Latin verb "scire", which means "to know", so "soul knowledge" is not far from the English word. I don't like Lod'ishob lok Lod'ishob, though. To me that seems awkward. Maybe Mulonlod'ish (between many ones) is better?

Toady likes it! Hooray! I'm not sure what you're talking about, though. Blow up with procgen? What does that mean? Myth stuff vs. the creature types? I don't know what you're referencing.

Thanks mate! Changed it to reflect that. I have some problems to deal with these days that need my immediate attention so I've not touched the dictionary much for a while. But I will be back to it as soon as this clears up

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 06, 2019, 06:21:04 am »

@Solitarian

It's not *my* reply, but his.

So I don't know, i suppose you should ask him :)

Rhyagelle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2020, 08:19:09 pm »

This is a wonderful topic! I've been looking for something like this for a long time! Thank you for providing it! One thing I'd like to ask though, is how would you go about saying something like "My brothers/sisters"? I noticed "alud", but how do you form the plural?

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 04, 2020, 12:26:58 pm »

In my Dwarven, nouns are not declined in that way. The singular and plural forms are the same. You can add the adjective "many" to stress plurality, or you can imply it via context.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2021, 03:32:10 pm »

Is the project dead?

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2021, 05:20:11 pm »

Is the project dead?

After Toady announced that Dwarven will be procedurally generated too later on the line, I think it took a bit the wind out of this project, at least for me.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 15, 2021, 07:51:38 pm »

I see. I hoped we'll have it.

crunchyFrog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 30, 2021, 12:48:29 pm »

As they say in French: "je m'incline devant un tel génie"  I bow before such knowledge

I mean really... what other game generates this level of investigative reporting?
Walk tall, fellow dwarfer, you've earned it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]