Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Null] Problems w/ Other Races & Meph  (Read 845 times)

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
[Null] Problems w/ Other Races & Meph
« on: February 17, 2019, 08:13:37 pm »

Hi, it's me again here to terrorize the forums until I figure out what's wrong with my mod loadout. This time I'm trying to figure out how to play other races, namely goblins, w/ all the additional stuff that Meph's tileset & utilities adds, in fortress mode. Thus far, I've tried enabling them in the 'Civs' menu on the launcher, installing All Races Playable over DF's folder, and generally fiddling around with the various tabs and buttons available in game and on the launcher. Anyone have any advice that could help?

And just for clarification, the way All Races Playable is supposed to work is that you select the civilization you want to come from from the civilization menu before embarking. Problem is, I selected the 1 goblin nation it let me on my world and it just showed me with dwarf settlers again anyway. However, I'm completely able to play as a goblin in Adventure mode.

Update: Again, I screwed around with the settings and found out that there was some weird glitch with one of the text fonts of all things that made me unable to play as goblins for some reason. However, there's a new problem now. I can't train my beakdogs and trolls as war/hunting beakdogs and trolls respectively, and various menus (squad menu + nobles and administration menu) are dysfunctional, meaning that I can't train my beakdogs and trolls as well as make squads and organize a goblin military - which is a major feature of the game. Is this yet another setting  I'm ignorant to or is it something else?

Update: I tried the file merger, and while it allowed certain features to be enabled, I'm still experiencing problems w/ the military & administrator page. I'm just not going to worry about it and ask both mod makers if they could make an addon or something. Thanks for your aid!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:29:40 pm by Dragonslayerelf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Unable to Play as Non-Dwarf Races on Meph's Tileset & Utilities Launcher
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 12:00:25 am »

Somehow I think you completely ignored it, when I told you to please post in the tileset thread.

Just tested embarking as goblins, works perfectly fine, no issues. I opened the launcher, enabled goblins for fort-mode, genned a world, selected a goblin civ at the embark map, embarked, done.

Edit: btw, installing mods over the tileset will break a few things here and there, if you don't know exactly what you are doing. If you just copied over the files from "All Races playable", it's no wonder that the launcher can't find anything anymore.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:29:59 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 04:46:07 am »

If you want to mess with adding mods into a heavily modified tileset (or you could say mod) like mephs tileset you'd want to use something like Winmerge to see the differences between the files you are trying to replace/ change. Meph made quite a few changes to get his tileset to work the way it does, at least graphically but you'd certainly run into issues with entities as well if you just copy pasted a file and overwrote the old one.

(TLDR, Just use winmerge to see the differences and find the parts that allow you to play all the races then manually add them to the tileset by modifying the files directly, you'll save yourself many problems and possibly time)

Dragonslayerelf

• Bay Watcher
  • Respectable Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 12:57:11 pm »

Huh, I'll undo the changes made by All Races Playable then. Sorry about that! Also, this doesn't necessarily directly pertain to tilesets, so  I didn't put this thread in the tilesets thread.

Yea, merging the files didn't work, there are still missing administrative positions in the Human & Goblin menus. Haven't tried the Elvish or Kobold[ish?] ones, but I think its safe to say a simple file merge didn't work.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:50:25 pm by Dragonslayerelf »