Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hermit mode immediate crash?  (Read 1061 times)

Zemurin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hermit mode immediate crash?
« on: February 18, 2019, 08:04:04 am »

I just downloaded the current MW 1.31 (44.12) and am attempting to start a hermit mode.

A random embark, I build the hermit workshop, start reaction, assign a name, race (dwarf) and gender, and then a dwarf approaches the workshop to execute the task. The last thing I see before CTD is that the 7 dwarves have indeed died, but that's about it, game over.

In the MW settings the only change I did was to enable Hermit in Civs to Active.

Am I supposed to do something else? I doubt the Hermit mode itself is broken as noone else seems to be reporting this...

EDIT: After disabling Dwarves as playable (if that's what active means in the Civs menu), the reaction runs fully, everyone dies and I get a standard game over - settlement has crumbled into dust. Hermit never spawned.

EDIT2: Unexpectedly, whether the game crashes or exits via game over seems related to whether I choose a name for the hermit or not (before running the reaction). In any case, the whole thing is broken for me and I have no clue how to fix it.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 08:33:35 am by Zemurin »