Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Curse of Many Doors - [0/6] [OOC]  (Read 4295 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
The Curse of Many Doors - [0/6] [OOC]
« on: February 18, 2019, 11:38:27 am »

The Premise
Six people unknowingly afflicted with the Curse of Many Doors (see above) step through six respective doors, and through some twist of fate find themselves in the same room. The Curse, it seems, has plotted the same journey for all six, and has had mercy enough to start them off together.
As such, the six unlikely companions must travel onwards, both in hopes of finding a way back home as well as inevitably sorting out the many problems they face along the way.

Guidelines
There are no limits on your character, besides the boundaries of both common sense (nobody that will invalidate all challenge on the Journey, but also nobody completely incapable of contributing in any way) and common courtesy (highly inappropriate characters don't make great travelling companions).
At the moment, there are no player-side stats or rules, but depending on how things turn out they may be implemented. I intend for this to be a relatively light-hearted experience, despite the terrifying concept, but who knows what might happen?
As expected, excessive OOC bickering or IC murdering-each-other will not be tolerated. Keep to the forum guidelines, too, while you're at it!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Character cap will likely remain at 6. Characters chosen based on GM favouritism quality, not first-come-first-served.
thincake

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Curse of Many Doors - [0/6] [OOC]
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 04:23:02 pm »

I would like to post a character when I can get time at a pc tomorrow. Either... a sailor, or a Siberian shaman, since you’ve already taken my pro accordion artist and made it seem pretty unoriginal. I like doors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 10:08:06 am »

Well, I will if no one else will. Is this an acceptable start?

Spoiler: Big Jack (click to show/hide)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 09:51:27 pm »

New flavor of Infinity Mansion? :D

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:03:20 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 10:02:02 pm »

I’m in, but I can’t make a character now.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 10:13:03 pm »

I'm in. I'll make a character soon.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:29 pm »

Spoiler: Cosa (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:23:47 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 11:16:05 pm »

It's been a while since I've see you here :P. Weird to see so many people claim "In" on a not-first-come-first-serve game :V

Name: Flint O'malley
Appearance: Month's worth of stubble on an angular-featured sun-tanned face. Hazel eyes, dark-brown cowboy hat that seen its fair share of abuse. The hat has seen the abuse, that is, the eyes look much friendlier in comparison. Tall with a medium build, with the same tan expanding to the rest of his body. Trail shirt and pants, in the same material and state of repair as the hat. Dark hair, unkempt but short enough to be mostly covered by the hat. As for equipment, he has a large caliber revolver - roughly equivalent to a .45-70 - with six shots. It is an old-single action design, with a flip-up loading system. As if advertising the fact that he is carrying around a really big gun, he as additional rounds in a bandolier around his chest. Not-quite-equipment but filling out his theme is his trusty steed "Steel"*. Roughly the size of a horse, Steel is what can easily be described as a 'miniature T-rex' with a silver color scheme. Not to be out-dressed by her rider, she has a saddle of a now familiar leathery material that manages to be even more beat-up then Flint's clothing. A faded red bandana is tied neatly around her neck.
Personality: A friendly sort of man, with a fairly subdued and quite personality. Quick with a gun, not so quick to pull it.
Abilities: A true frontiersman, Flint is capable of taking care of himself and his 'animals' in the wilderness without trouble. Mostly his relevant skills are in handling guns and animals, unless 'heating up cans of beans' comes up in story.
Backstory: They call him a cattleman, roughly from the "Wild Wild West" period of his reality. We'd call him a cowboy, the main difference is he herds a beast of a different feather. His world is filled with creatures of a more exotic stripe, with Steel being a prime example of the type of creature he dealt with on a daily bases. Some get herded for their meat, some are hellbent for leather, still some are herded for their more unique quirks or abilities. He started under his father at 13, quickly learning the trade while raising his trusty steed. His world is filled with all the great western cliches, cattle rustlers, bandits, monster attacks, his gun saw plenty of use beyond hunting meat for the more carnivorous herds. First 'jump' was through a set of barn doors, as he was bringing Steel in after finishing a particularly successful trip*.

*If I can keep the poor girl through the door :V. It looks like equipment gets pulled with us, don't know about other living things. Cut her if it doesn't fit the story.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 12:34:34 am »

Will see
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 04:43:20 am »

This was a sudden surge of interest  ;)
Things are looking pretty good with these characters so far. Pleasantly surprised by the number of dinosaurs, cowboys and level 100 mafia bosses.

*If I can keep the poor girl through the door :V. It looks like equipment gets pulled with us, don't know about other living things. Cut her if it doesn't fit the story.
As much as it pains me to do this, the rules are pretty rigid. We're less one potential dinosaur ;-;
thincake

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 05:54:30 am »

I'll redo my character as a talking tamed rideable dinosaur if it'd help anyone out. As long as I can still throw a harpoon.

Backstory would be along the lines of one day, Jack the dinosaur got particularly creative... he created the first door in the history of dinosaurs, and, walking through it, changed his life... forever.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 08:24:29 am »

you really went and did it

PTW
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 10:58:48 am »

h--
hewwo?
Black lives matter.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 01:07:14 pm »

As much as it pains me to do this, the rules are pretty rigid. We're less one potential dinosaur ;-;

Truly, a cowboy without his dinosaur is the loneliest creature on this planet. Or non-planet solid entity. Cut Steel, add a fancy necklace made of multiple mini-T-Rex teeth just so people know a dinosaur is missing me very much. And so they don't confuse me with someone who rides a horse.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 02:02:11 pm »

Truly, a cowboy without his dinosaur is the loneliest creature on this planet. Or non-planet solid entity. Cut Steel, add a fancy necklace made of multiple mini-T-Rex teeth just so people know a dinosaur is missing me very much. And so they don't confuse me with someone who rides a horse.

Horse riders are pretentious hipsters too stuck in the past to upgrade to dinosaurs.
thincake
Pages: [1] 2 3