Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork + Meph Tileset 4.7  (Read 2806 times)

zakthefallen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Masterwork + Meph Tileset 4.7
« on: February 18, 2019, 03:21:47 pm »

I know that Masterwork includes a version of the incredible Meph 32x tileset, but the graphics seem different than playing with the standalone Meph Tileset 4.7 launcher.

Is Masterwork simply using an older version of the tileset? If so, is there any way I manually install the newer tileset into Masterwork?

I do love playing Masterwork, for its improved FPS, simplified materials, and abundance of options. While the standalone tileset launcher has some options too, it's not Masterwork.

harkejuice

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork + Meph Tileset 4.7
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 07:02:16 pm »

I too would like to know if this is possible.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 07:29:37 pm »

Of course it is, you'd need to have winmerge(or something like it) to see all the differences but it's mainly graphically that you'd want to change. Quite a bit of tinkering would be required but its fairly simple it'd just take a couple hours.(unless it uses special scripts to load all of the "tilesheets/sets" it needs to load) That and some things in masterwork wouldn't have graphics in "mephs tileset", most likely. So you'd run risks of overwriting some files if you were to just paste the graphics folder in and replace. Meph most likely just updated this version, he probably didn't rebuild it up from the tileset he made so there would be differences that'd cause you a few issues until you finally get it right.

zakthefallen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 07:55:34 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling the file merge would require some careful attention to avoid overwriting the wrong data.

It seems like no matter how good the merger is, there will still be modded creatures that don't have sprites. I'll just play Masterwork as-is and wait patiently for Meph to update the tileset when he's ready.

Eligiblefoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 07:30:10 pm »

I've gotten this to work with a copy and paste, at least in Dwarf Mode. I don't really play the other races and just like having extra invaders. I haven't fully tested it but most default workshops and such work fine. You have to copy the objects and graphics folders from masterwork into the Meph Tileset raws, then recopy the default Meph raws back to make everything look right. I haven't done full on testing, just a base run through to make sure the graphics look fine. Sometimes it will crash on loading a saved world but other than that it seems fine. As said above not everything will be perfect and the launcher settings like civs and mods will not work anymore. I should also mention that you should not replace the entity files after copying the masterwork files.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 07:33:38 pm by Eligiblefoot »

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 11:33:30 pm »

If it's just the dwarves you'd want to change it wouldn't be that hard. As I said it's really a time issue, it wouldn't take over 10 hours probably but it depends if you want to put the time in. The workshop files and stuff like that are likely named differently than they are in masterwork so of course they'd be fine(if they are). Issues would occur in animals/races, workshops don't take up much space in the txts(mostly).