Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Hunters of Darkness: Council of Nine (9/9)  (Read 6428 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of Darkness: Council of Nine (7/9)
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2019, 01:45:30 pm »

I'm not exactly qualified to speculate. But I do find it odd that occult effects and magic appear to be distinct things. The nature of these creatures makes me think of stories about demons. It is possible we just suffered a failed demonic incursion. If this is the case we can expect more in the future. As to the nature of what these demons actually are? Possibly some kind of inter-dimensional creature. Their relation to occultism is something I'll leave to the more capable to speculate. But I know in stories and media symbols of purity and holiness work on demons; crosses, silver, salt, running water and the like. Stories tend to have a grain of truth to them. It might be worth our time to test to see if the bodies of these creatures react to such things.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2019, 02:05:36 pm »

Al: Bloody good idea. I will get to that now. Oh and the results will be delivered first thing. So, you folks do your plans. Getting bonus funds is a good idea, we do got to arm ourselves. And we got five live specimens.

Testing

: Cue many hours of screams and swears. These things. Speak?!: “ What manner of being are you?

???: What are you?

Al: Human. You?

???:.. Inheritor.

Al: Wait, what do you mean? : Using his own great strength in gold, sounds of snapping. Got it in a arm lock.:

: Creature howls. Speaks.: “ We are from Earth. This our home too. A, dying world because of you humans. So, we are what replaces you. Down the line. We, went into the hole. Ended up here. Hungry, so we ate.

Al: What brought you here?! : Arm Of creature limping though it pops itself on, Mobile as it attacks Al, who does butler king fu to knock it off balance and down.: “ Tell me or I will crush your skull like a grape?!

Inheritor: How Do I know?!  No time travel gear. No magic, we just went in.

Al: So you know this stuff?

Inheritor: We, learned your language and ideas from machines. That and food is all that is left. Though the world, more ugly.

Al: Thank you, I believe you as the runes in my gloves are not reacting, your honest. And I give you mercy. : Splat goes his head with a enforced downward punch. Was wearing material so clothes not ruined.

Report:

“ These things are not demonic, but biological. They claim to be from a Hellish future. They are strong, but limits as they are dumb. Nothing small arms can punch plates, heavy fire power, and super strength and all that can kill a normal carbon based life form applies here. The biggest worry is they are all capable of being pregnant, over a hundred eggs in those regions. Also their teeth, claws and tongue can punch and shred through steel. Best taken them on from afar.

The true mystery is we do not know what caused them to appear and taken away. But it is a reality. Not even time is safe.”

One of the guards remarks as cig falls out of mouth. “ They are from Earth?! Well damn I am actually curious to what demons look like then.”

( Yep horror, fantasy, and sci fi in a blender.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:06:34 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2019, 04:02:24 pm »

*shaking head*  – Out of very many disturbing things, possibly the most disturbing is that it knows and even speaks a language we understand. The ramifications of that, if you dwell on it. *shaking head* And if the report on its fecundity has any relationship to its population – I do know enough about science to be aware that often the creatures with the most offspring are those who have the smallest percentage survive to breed for themselves – well, failing to contain even one of them could mean they fulfill their own prophecy of 'inheritance.'

As for the portal that dropped them here, I actually didn't think it looked occult; our art often speaks of connections between worlds, but really nothing about time in one world. But there are two points on which I might be contradicted. First, neither myself nor anyone I've known has ever attempted anything on such a scale, so how would I be sure? Second, and more importantly, I have a hunch that what we saw was the terminal end rather than its origin; who knows what apparatus is used in making it?

The blue – tentacles – hm, yes I suppose that could be magic. An adaptation of a find and retrieval spell. Yes. But for more than lost car keys, to do what we saw would require an immense power source. The occult equivalent of a nuclear reactor, very likely. Well, maybe just a small coal-fired plant. But, still, industrial scale. We should deploy our magic detectors as widely as possible, maybe hidden inside popular consumer goods, maybe we'll get lucky and find something that way.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:09:51 pm by mightymushroom »

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2019, 09:45:27 pm »

Well, that's  quite the find.   I'd like to have a chance to dissect and analyze the plating. There might be the possibility of adapting it to a set of biological armor for our troops.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2019, 10:06:48 pm »

Well, that's  quite the find.   I'd like to have a chance to dissect and analyze the plating. There might be the possibility of adapting it to a set of biological armor for our troops.

Alphonse: Well we do have a ton of their bodies for you to study.

: Hands the chart of their casualties and numbers, said dead bodies on route to a storage facility, top secret one.:

Indeed their plating is tougher than Kevlar apparently. Only reason I stood a chance is because :points to helmet.: I am not a normal man.

: Hinting his own nature, butler and all.:

So on the plans to do:

- Screw with budgets for more budget cash to spend.
- Mass produce Thaoumeters and enhanced models.
- Study Inhetitor Flesh

Willing to throw in prices of said things and based on your job, get bonus for other things.

Like Army man at hiring troops, maybe even name worthy guys.

Occultist: Study Magic, teach for magic commando team.

Science: Make stuff for ass kicking

Etc.

Willing to price research projects myself and join in as Engineer class guy.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2019, 01:49:51 pm »

I think we should hire some soldiers so we have our own soldiers so we won't have to make up some bull shit story to cover up what they see while on duty, and so we wont have to beg other people to borrow their soldiers.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2019, 06:46:16 pm »

Hiring and training our own personnel will be important, we are likely to have repeat encounters with those inheritors. Having our own training program in place will provide us with the needed flexibility to best handle this threat.

Meanwhile I will focus on securing ourselves greater funding and allowing us to act with even greater impunity.

Quote from: Covert Corporate Espionage Program
The Covert Corporate Espionage Program (CCEP) consists out of a training program in which new and already existing agents will be tought the necessary skills required to both successfully infiltrate and blend in in a civilian corporate environment. CCEP also provides a basic computing class which serves to refresh the memory of the agents regarding computer systems and to teach them how to insert and use various tools and viruses, such as a backdoor.
Proposed Budget: 500k

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2019, 10:27:47 am »

Well, if we're going to be hiring and training, Occult wants our share.

Quote from: Ars Dexter Directorate (occult training)
The Ars Dexter Directorate (ADD) consists of a semi-autonomous wing within the Program focused on training new or existing agents in the basics of occult craft. Priority is given to magical theory and practical training in skills deemed suitable for assisting field teams, such as exorcism, defusing runes and circles without explosions, and simplified combat basics (personal shields, casting fireballs). ADD graduates will be kitted out with standard anti-magic ingredients such as salt, holy water, and powdered silver; and will be available to accompany the more militaristic divisions to squelch occult threats that may appear. When not on active mission, ADD members will assist in the development and manufacture of occult-based technologies.

The existence of a shadow organization within our organization within the organization, going further by studying the ars sinister, can be neither confirmed nor denied at this time.

Proposed budget: 400k
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 10:34:40 am by mightymushroom »

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2019, 01:34:49 pm »

Thaoumeters everywhere: 15 And 5 m.
Massed recruit drive: 17- 2 mil
ADD: 19 400k
Bio Armor: 14k
Deeper into pockets: 4 mil. 15

586,000 remaining.

Media Mongul bonus:2. Can roll for more.

Results:

Thaoumeter: * All around the world at key urban areas, far in rural sectors were thauometer towers. To montior and see what’s  going on while Tina of portable ones in case hunting something Magician.

Army Recruit: 

Al: I signed it 2 mil

Guys: Why?’

Al: Make it rain money, get the most attention. Have three companies now. Alpha Squad, The Black Knights, and the Pack.

Army General: the Pack?

: Cue them meeting the Pack. Eight people, two women, five men and the Thaoumeters are binging.:

Guard: What are you guys?!

Speaker: * Who was a shorter Man with Irish accent spoke as he changes to the form.*  Relax laddy! We be, Were Critters!!” : Cue him becoming a Were Wolf with reddish brown fur at 9 feet tall of muscle, others morphed into a Were Frog, Shark, Rhino, dragonfly, Lion Boar, And finally Mantis.:

Shark: You need monsters, to fight monsters!!

Money dealing: Well considering it’s your job to manage cash. You can now pull more out of your piggy bank. But bigger the pull more likely caught, if caught a faked trial and just in our custody. Though would have to muscle your replacement.”

Bio Armor:

The harden scales if the Inheritors makes for excellent armor, it can stop a human powered knife and shotguns, side arm bullets and sharpnel. Though bigger or more impact would go through, no worries. Plenty of dead Inheritors in custody for reproduction of plates, plates are very light too.

Researcher Bud Limkin: Well we can use their dead as our armor. And we also harvested their organs and kept eggs in storage. Incase want to study their dna or try to grow our own for, taming.”

As apparently in notes, they have no actual reproduction glands, so in theory they are all pregnant, just requires chemicals and room tempature exposed, for breeding. In theory.

ADD: Well that went smooth. Really smooth. Now have a small army with up to 20 platoons of sixteen each, that all use magic and Occult knowledge. Super effective in the paranormal. And should it be Inheritors? Combat magic should deal with them just fine.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2019, 09:51:44 am »

Do the people we hired (Alpha Squad, The Black Knights, and the Pack) come with their own equipment or do we need to supply them?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2019, 11:28:06 am »

Do the people we hired (Alpha Squad, The Black Knights, and the Pack) come with their own equipment or do we need to supply them?

They have their own. But yeah can look over their gear or give them our stuff.

Also rolling ADD Mage spell list and abilities of the Were Squad.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2019, 07:47:21 am »

I'd like to look over the gear they have, so I can see if we need to give them better stuff.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2019, 06:51:17 pm »

What everyone brings to the table:

Alpha Squad:

Leader: Richard Thames: Experimental Supet soldier with nano machine implants. Classified as a Abomination. Due to fact he needs blood and flesh to power said supernatural abilities. Best results are from paranormal creatures. Think s Vampire, without Sun or Holy weakness and best result eat monster blood.

Has a 80 Man Company. Mostly wet work and “ shoes Of force.”

Weaponry: Machine Guns, various grenades, a apc, some shields, stun batons, and their meta human leader. They also favor anti material rifles.

Black Knights: Were good ole American shock Tripp’s who went AWOL after a event on South America. Their three leaders are monster hunters. Two “Knights” and a “ Paladin.” One of the Knights has learned to write and act out glyphs. The other summon helpful familiars. The Paladin? Sheer faith miracles.

Weapons? Silver powder, stake guns, enchanted Guns that produce fire bolts, a enchanted long sword, and main guys get enchanted armor. They even have a tank and 90 minions. Minions do get exotic ammo.

Dragon Fire or flaming bullets.

The Pack: The 8 Were Company:

Wolf: Clarence O Hare. Cocky brawler and we’re wolf commando.

Lion: Apollo: The head honcho, a damn lion. Seems most seasoned fighter and giving people guidance.

Rhino: Rita:  Has dropped family name in fear they will be hunted. Big, strong girl suiting her animal, also knows a good deal of tactics.

Frog: Mel: The other female, jokester and scout. Rumored to be the most magical of the bunch.

Shark: Don Perry: A former Navy Seal with Secret, Secret being a Were Shark. Now embraces it and most blood thirsty of the Pack.

Dragon Fly: Teddy:

Eyes in the sky as he flies fast and pretty mobile. Great shot as well.

Mantis: Benny:
Was a butler, gave it up when the urge to hunt took over. Was akin to a violent 80s superhero. Killing and eating crime doers until the pack pointed him to bigger threats Due to that past has a rep in certain cities.

Boar: Boris Hammond: A engineer and mechanic, helps keep weapons in good shape and got a Jeep for them. Very reliable and fun guy to be around. Not to be crossed though, can head butt a man to death.

Magic: They all know a few magic tricks, just not revealed yet. Pressed to ask they will show. They claim due to being spirit creatures in flesh, explains powers.

Gear: They all have their own stock differencing from each other. Some pack pretty damn big guns, including rocket and grenade launcher, a mini gun, and six gauge shotguns. Pack variety of ammo too.

Tracer rounds, spartan rounds (go boom.) also incendiary mercury bullets that they say “ stops the healing ones from growing back.”

ADD: Field gear and Magic’s.

Occult Gear: Cold Iron blades, Silver powder, a random golden bullet, book of the bizarre, Foci for all, And charmed clothing/Weapon layers. Keep a gun and close combat weapon.

Magic:  Basic lower tier magic for now, most impressive stuff are fire balls, lightning bolts and seeing into past/bothering ghosts and such. Force fields and brief super speed as well. Most extreme are Telekinesis of such a point can muster many guns and remote fire. Also Conjure Energy Constructs That wreck shit Green Lantern style.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2019, 06:29:45 am »

They have better gear than I thought they would, which means we won't need to give them any surplus stuff, which also means we won't have to buy the stuff ether.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2019, 09:07:36 am »

Yeah, I got nothing to do for my part ((and I'm just posting to say I'm not ignoring the game.))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8