Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Hunters of Darkness: Council of Nine (9/9)  (Read 6475 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hunters of Darkness: Council of Nine (9/9)
« on: February 18, 2019, 10:25:14 pm »

In a world that needs protecting, it is the job of the Hunters to slay what bumps in the night. But all great things need leaders. This is where you guys come on.

Instead of board voting on single acts of one lone chief. Now “classes” as commanders of the deep dark company roots. Note only one person a time can get this stuff.

Through actions, dice, and throwing budget around new things happen. As well as things around the world.

Edit: Mother ****er got my notes.

Classes: Will pm details of what you guys pick.

1: High Rank Military Commander:

2: Media Mongul

3: Ex Special Ops

4: A honest to God Meta Human:

5: Engineer Supreme:

6: Influential Scienist:

7: Occultist:

8: Spy Master:

9: Big Business Leader:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:29:44 pm by Tyrant Leviathan »

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of Darkness: Council of Nine (0/9)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 02:10:25 pm »

Sure, I'll give this a shot. 6.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 02:47:03 pm »

Hrmm this seems interesting. I'll be a media mongul 2

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 03:28:09 pm »

I’ll take #4 please and thank you.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 03:35:15 pm »

I guess I'll try # 9.

Unsure how this works exactly.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 07:59:55 pm »

Sign me up for #7 I suppose. "He who fights monsters" and all that.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 07:26:33 am »

I'd like a number 1 with extra sauce, a large fries, and a medium drink.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 06:15:39 pm »

I shall be #8 then.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunters of Darkness: Council of Nine (7/9)
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 11:30:33 pm »

Alright fellas got time to update. Going to pm your details and stuff then start. Should be noted you guys all share same resource pool but get modifiers for said things. So if s is still invents lasers. Army is people in turn can use.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 12:11:48 am »

I belief I got it all sorted with pming the 7 Of you. Will start Sunday, bed sleep.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 09:41:56 pm »

Note: I pmed everyone. So now it’s time.

IC:

In a nondescript location, inside a shady room is a gathering of 7 people. They are all facing a screen that turns on, cue a blanked out face speaking to them.

“ Hello Commanders. We are gathered here to bring the Project to life. The world, is strange. Lately these strange things are a problem, which maybe getting worse.

We need you to save the world. We are going to give you all you can possible do, within our limits. If total investment were employees all would be bankrupt and the people would know why. That, is not a option. You got the call and answers. I thank you for your time. Now, the work begins.”

Notice:

You guys start with 12,000,000 dollars. Your projects get cuts out of this pool. If reaches zero or no more funding, game over. Also aside doing your own stuff there will be events that pop up and must deal with it.

Best of luck and your plans are pretty open minded, recruiting people, building toys, using them. It all depends on your job as to what the good thing is. Big Business guy and media guy have their own private pool of money at 2 million. Did this so not having to draw from main ( only 2 million because appearances and people asking where that money goes.)

Well have at it. Just going to roll what manner of horrors younwill face.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 10:32:33 am »

Well I think we need some companies to act as front/shell companies with falsified earning reports to allow us to act more openly while still staying secret. Might be good to have some fake security companies and PMCs to cloak any acquisition of military hardware. But I'll leave that to the big business guy. As for me I'll start by trying to setup a decent sized, news broadcaster company that tries to be the first on the scene with all the news and gives some political spin to everything. Then I make a smaller "independent" news org that spends it's time talking about the first news company, about how they're shit and wrong about everything. In short a smaller org to constantly try and vehemently debunk everything the first news org says with none sense.

WyrdByrd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 12:19:13 pm »

We don't know what we'll be facing out there, and conceivably, it could be anything under the sun. As such, developing a quick and easy  "checklist" for our agents to aid in identification would  help us considerably.  Using a combination of data  gathered from tests on #7 and #4, reports provided by #1, and the information gleaned from #8's network,  I shall attempt to determine the  characteristics, behavior, and  the best countermeasures against the most common "unusual threats".

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 12:55:52 pm »

As far as generic threat assessment, the Occult Department suggests a thaumometer, or 'magic detector.' This would make it easier for anyone on an away team to locate active, or recently active, arcane constructs: summoning circles, portals, and the like.

tests on #7 and #4,

While I would not presume to speak for my colleague, I would certainly prefer if Science simply asks for my input before starting in on the 'tests.' Anyway, in my experience there's little to distinguish a – *ugh* – "muggle" human from a human who practices the occult unless you catch them in the act; analogous to the way there's no simple test to pick a computer hacker out of a crowd when they aren't coding.

I suppose that might not hold true for deeply immersed individuals, but in that case having a magic detector to scan for residual energies is still the best bet, in my opinion.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 01:14:21 pm »

I’d also prefer if you asked our permission before attempting to run tests. We’re your colleagues, not some of the people you’re fighting. There’s no need to be quite so forceful.

Anyway, any tests you choose to run on me are unlikely to give you results similar to those of anything else. My abilities are derived from the copying and theft of metanormal powers from others, not any capabilities that I can use independently.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8