Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V12 - Crash-B-Gone  (Read 41138 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V8
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 07:28:36 am »

I was thinking about the dinosaurs you mentioned a while ago, back here. Somebody could install a different dinosaur mod and Monstrous Manual simultaneously, but it seems unlikely that people would do that. More to the point, D&D typically treats dinosaurs as rare and exotic creatures in the Lost World mold. I'd like to suggest including the handful of historical dinosaurs from the Monster Manual, but keeping them rare and probably restricted to Savage jungles.

If it helps, feel free to take the necessary dinosaurs from my own mod and modify them a bit for yours.
Hey, thanks. I think I will do that and point to your mod if people want more dinos.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V8
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2019, 10:47:27 am »

No problem!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V8 NOW WITH WIP VERSION!
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2020, 09:07:51 pm »

Because it's been a long, long while since I last updated this, I've decided to create a github repository so that those interested can grab a work-in-progress version of the mod at the risk of bugs and incomplete features. That is all.

Link, also in the OP
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2020, 11:30:37 am »

I was just thinking about this mod the other day. I was going to request that the fleshraker dinosaurs from 3rd edition be added. That way we can know which of our dwarves are minmaxing.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 05:00:47 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

SkeletonBones

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2020, 06:09:48 am »

Do you have a full list of all the monsters

Ryusho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2020, 12:21:31 am »

Was just browsing over this because I had the idea in my head to make a semi-mod that just changes the cannon kobold into the D&D Kobold, or make a separate fort-able race that is the D&D Version of scaly little dragon kobold things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V9 (HIATUS OVER)
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2020, 04:37:01 pm »

Finally, finally updated Monstrous Manual. Amazing, I know.

In the future I'll do smaller updates themed around specific things instead of just trawling through the books in order.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

siinacutie

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hermetically Sealed
    • View Profile
Re: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V9 (HIATUS OVER)
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2020, 11:29:02 am »

Thank you for your work! This is pretty amazing.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2020, 03:35:00 pm »

Version 10 is progressing well. It's not going to feature much for the No Civs download though, because most of the work in this one is for civilization.

This is because I believe I have found a much better way of handling "half-breed" races such as half-elves, half-orcs and such. The way being: as castes for other civilizations. And to also reduce the overload of friendly civilizations making siegeing enemies rarer, the various Player Races have been merged. What does that mean in practice?
Half-Elves, Half-Orcs and friendly Tieflings are now castes of the Human creature and civilization.
Half-Elves are also a caste of the Elf creature/civ, which also includes both High and Wood elves as castes.
Dwarves, Gnomes and Halflings have also been consolidated into only three civilizations (one for each) with the subraces reduced to castes.

There are also a few new civilizations included:
-A new "Goblinoid" civilization that has Goblins, Hobgoblins and Bugbears as castes (and thus Bugbears as independent entities no longer exist)
-An Orc civilization (that also has a Half-Orc caste)
-A Gnoll civilization

New non-civilization creatures are limited to the Troll and Worg.

Other changes include:
-A new subrace for humans (thus, a new caste): the Half-Dragons. They are rare, but include variants for all base chromatic and metallic dragons.
-Hostile Tieflings still exist, but are now snatcher instead of thieves.
-Tieflings and Cambions can also appear as minions for fiendish civilizations, much like vanilla trolls and goblins.
-Cyclopes are no longer a civilization.
-Humans are playable in fort mode. They have no non-vanilla mechanics outside of their castes.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2020, 05:26:12 pm »

PTW ! I like this idea.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2020, 10:53:30 pm »

I for one am in favor of not having to fight giant armored dudes anymore, and the condensing of civilizations.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2020, 11:11:35 pm »

I for one am in favor of not having to fight giant armored dudes anymore, and the condensing of civilizations.
Giant armoured dudes might return in the future in the form of giants (though I may make their sizes not that giant to compensate). But yeah.

Not a lot left to be done for this update, just two creatures and bugfixing. Procrastination is the real roadblock.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V10
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2020, 01:12:32 pm »

Version 10 is out. Now with no crashes at all!

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2020, 01:44:03 pm »

Hey, thanks for including my dinosaurs! I like the consolidated civs in this update. By the way, are Aasimars in the mod?
My mods and forum games.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2020, 01:44:54 pm »

Hey, thanks for including my dinosaurs! I like the consolidated civs in this update. By the way, are Aasimars in the mod?
Not yet. They're not in the base Player's book or Monster Manual for 5e, instead being on other books. So whenever I reach those is when they get included, likely as human castes.

Decided to theme next update on Outsiders, so it'll be somewhat bigger than v10.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8