Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V12 - Crash-B-Gone  (Read 39137 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V10
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2020, 01:52:52 pm »

Thanks for the answer. Isn't it possible now to tie the appearance of a civ to worldgen dug-too-deep disasters? That could be useful for demons.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2020, 06:49:41 pm »

Thanks for the answer. Isn't it possible now to tie the appearance of a civ to worldgen dug-too-deep disasters? That could be useful for demons.
I believe it's any civ that has the EVIL tag can appear in worldgen dug-too-deeps.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

AnarchCassius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2020, 03:42:23 pm »

This mod is awesome there's a lot of cool content here. I really like that some of the dinosaurs made it in.

I've been tweaking it a bit myself because there's almost too much content. I've basically taken it a step further from the No Civ version and removed anything that seems like it conflicts with Dwarf Fortress cosmology or existing races.

In the process I noticed a lot of creatures lack the definitions for things like FREQUENCY to actually spawn. I've been adjusting them so they all spawn at rates equivalent to similar vanilla creatures but I cannot get the plant based monsters to spawn at all. The dryad and blights just won't appear, it may be something about their odd structure but I tried using a couple others with no effect. They seem to work in the testing arena (though they snap like twigs) but I have yet to see any appear on population lists.

Has anyone had any luck seeing these get placed in worldgen?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2020, 03:46:05 pm »

Things don't actually need FREQUENCY tags to spawn, it defaults to 50.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

AnarchCassius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2020, 04:06:04 pm »

Ah, I may have assumed that based on the flumphs, which lacked frequency but actually don't appear every time even now that I have them calibrated. Mostly I've been reducing numbers so things like basilisks and elementals don't overwhelm the world.

And still doesn't explain dryads and blights. They just don't spawn and they've always had defined worldgen data. Doppelgangers also don't spawn, I just never noticed as they are outsider playable, so it may be how their intelligence is defined. Every other intelligent species seems to work fine though. Just these 3 that I can tell.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2020, 05:27:12 pm »

I'll investigate those three and make the blights a bit tougher.

But yeah, like Enemy post said Frequency (and some other tags) have defaults that will be auto-applied if they are not defined in a creature.

While I don't get why you want to stick to a 'DF Cosmology' that barely even exists, you do you.

EDIT: Checked those 3 creatures. There's nothing that should stop them from spawning. Could be simply bad luck. Did take a few criticisms into account and lower population numbers across the board (except for creatures that show up in the underworld: those still have ludicrously high numbers to ensure a good supply of them). That said, population numbers in the mod will still be bigger than vanilla DF's, which I think are just too low - you can drive a creature extinct in a region by killing a single one in some cases!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 06:13:54 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

AnarchCassius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2020, 06:17:29 pm »

Awesome, let me know if you find anything.

I mostly just think some things sort of clash, like the D&D outer planes creatures alongside the DF generated ones. Or the D&D elves alongside the DF ones. Just a pet peeve of mine when content overlaps too much.

I did catch a couple things that do feel like more than a matter of preference: Beholders have a  typo on TB_DND_DISINTEGRATERAY that prevents them from using it. And earth elementals are labeled "air elementals".

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2020, 06:46:50 pm »

I had already caught the earth elemental bug, but thanks for pointing out the beholder one.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2020, 01:25:56 am »

Might want to double-check the dretch gas cloud and any similar interactions/abilities. Instead of nausea and mild necrosis, my adventurer suffered from a sudden case of being cooked alive in his armor (that is, he melted.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2020, 10:51:23 am »

Might want to double-check the dretch gas cloud and any similar interactions/abilities. Instead of nausea and mild necrosis, my adventurer suffered from a sudden case of being cooked alive in his armor (that is, he melted.)
Probably related to material temperature. I'll check.

EDIT: This bug is kind of serious enough that I'll be releasing a new, smaller-than-planned, version as soon as it is fixed. I am rather certain it has to do with the boiling temperature of the CREATURE_EXTRACT_TEMPLATE and how DF spawns material emissions at the temperature required for it to be in the desired state (solid/liquid/gas).

EDIT 2: Did some digging and... well, I overestimated how low the fixed temperature I set for dretch farts was and... they were releasing gas that was below absolute zero in temperature. Whoops.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:58:05 pm by Teneb »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V11 - Dretch Nuclear War
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2020, 01:24:08 pm »

New version is out!

Spoiler: Obligatory changelog (click to show/hide)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2020, 02:31:40 pm »

Glad I was able to provide a useful bug report. I'd never run into the issue before cause they tended to blow their emission load before making contact. Hadn't questioned the red gas until it liquefied someone.

AnarchCassius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2020, 09:23:10 pm »

Awesome. I love the new creatures.

I also finally figured out the issue with the dryads, etc. After noticing the Galeb Duhr were the only new monster spawning, apparently it's LARGE_ROAMING. Despite the counter intuitive name, without it creatures don't spawn as wildlife.

Also caught a couple issues:
There is an extra good Djinn and the Efreet phantasm is outsider controlable.
Spiritual metal has spiritual as an adjective so it appears as "spiritual spiritual metal hammer", it also has no cost and can be taken as free equipment in Adventurer mode

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2020, 12:54:27 pm »

Awesome. I love the new creatures.

I also finally figured out the issue with the dryads, etc. After noticing the Galeb Duhr were the only new monster spawning, apparently it's LARGE_ROAMING. Despite the counter intuitive name, without it creatures don't spawn as wildlife.

Also caught a couple issues:
There is an extra good Djinn and the Efreet phantasm is outsider controlable.
Spiritual metal has spiritual as an adjective so it appears as "spiritual spiritual metal hammer", it also has no cost and can be taken as free equipment in Adventurer mode
Thanks for reporting these. I'll need to figure out a way to prevent the spiritual metal from being picked by adventurers.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2020, 11:35:02 am »

I uploaded a fixed version with fixes to the above issues. No version number increase because it's only those few fixes.

EDIT: Next update is going to be just going through the Manual in alphabetical order because why not.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 11:45:12 am by Teneb »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8