Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V12 - Crash-B-Gone  (Read 39123 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V11 - Dretch Nuclear War
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2020, 05:02:42 pm »

Hey, welcome back! I'll look forward to seeing this mod active again, if you decide to do it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2020, 05:08:52 pm »

Hey, welcome back! I'll look forward to seeing this mod active again, if you decide to do it.
I already did a bugfixing pass. Will add some more content and do a release.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

chipathingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2020, 04:37:30 pm »

Found a bug. I got ambushed by the Aarakocras and they summoned a bunch of air elementals, but they started fighting the Aarakocras, which i assume shouldn't happen. I eventually got a bunch of notifications saying "the stray air elemental has been missing for a week".. Pretty sure they were loyal to me.
Author of Fantastic Fantasy Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180748.0)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2020, 07:34:09 pm »

Found a bug. I got ambushed by the Aarakocras and they summoned a bunch of air elementals, but they started fighting the Aarakocras, which i assume shouldn't happen. I eventually got a bunch of notifications saying "the stray air elemental has been missing for a week".. Pretty sure they were loyal to me.
Weird. Will look into it.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2020, 05:02:53 am »

It's some jankiness to do with how summons work. In the base game I think all summons are generally hostile to other living things (as generally the only summoners you're likely to encounter are necromancers by default.) If the summon and summoner aren't opposed to life/berserk, they tend to take the fort/player's side (since non opposed to life summons are usually things given to the play by way of divination if I'm not mistaken.)

A number of mods have issues with that, and it goes back to 34.11 MW with warlocks being attacked by their own mephits if they attacked a player's fort.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2020, 10:17:24 am »

It's some jankiness to do with how summons work. In the base game I think all summons are generally hostile to other living things (as generally the only summoners you're likely to encounter are necromancers by default.) If the summon and summoner aren't opposed to life/berserk, they tend to take the fort/player's side (since non opposed to life summons are usually things given to the play by way of divination if I'm not mistaken.)

A number of mods have issues with that, and it goes back to 34.11 MW with warlocks being attacked by their own mephits if they attacked a player's fort.
Yeah, it's the only possible explanation. Sucks, though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2020, 06:55:20 pm »

I've had reasonable success using the make pet if possible flag, which theoretically aligns the summoned creature with the target of the summon interaction. It does nothing about the issue with megabeasts, night creatures or crazed or opposed to life instances though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2020, 01:12:03 pm »

I've had reasonable success using the make pet if possible flag, which theoretically aligns the summoned creature with the target of the summon interaction. It does nothing about the issue with megabeasts, night creatures or crazed or opposed to life instances though.
I guess I'll need to experiment with it, but I'm disabling for the next version. Speaking of, the plan is to add a little bit more content, test and release today. How much more content will depend basically on how fast I manage to work, but still people will finally have a crash-free version (wow!).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2020, 01:19:58 pm »

I guess I'll need to experiment with it, but I'm disabling for the next version. Speaking of, the plan is to add a little bit more content, test and release today. How much more content will depend basically on how fast I manage to work, but still people will finally have a crash-free version (wow!).

Just as a double check, there was something about a duplicate Djinn in my error log off a fresh download of the mod. I can't remember if I thought to mention that or not or if anyone else did.

Code: [Select]
Duplicate Object: creature TB_DND_DJINNI_GOODWas specifically this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2020, 01:23:42 pm »

Just as a double check, there was something about a duplicate Djinn in my error log off a fresh download of the mod. I can't remember if I thought to mention that or not or if anyone else did.

Yeah I fixed that, plus a dwarf caste mishap and other minor bugs that I can no longer remember.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2020, 01:27:19 pm »

Yeah I fixed that, plus a dwarf caste mishap and other minor bugs that I can no longer remember.

Yay, looking forward to it for a project then. :D

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.xx] Monstrous Manual: modular D&D mod - V12 - Crash-B-Gone
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2020, 09:49:25 am »

Update out, crashes fixed.

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

The plan now is to work on a separate mod titled "Teneb's Mod Compendium" that will basically be a repository for minor stuff that I make.

ArcadeMischief

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2020, 02:07:12 am »

Hello! I've been looking for a mod like this, simulating DnD :D.

But i have a problem with one of the new enemies recently added, the Ghoul, it's giving me an errorlog saying: *** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_tb_dnd_undead.txt"
TB_DND_GHOUL:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added

Aside from that, Empyrean Fire Storm and Bolt doesn't seem to work, it does nothing.

The rest is working fine.

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2022, 10:27:28 pm »

This is a mod whose purpose is to convert to DF the many, many monsters present in, and made famous by, Dungeons & Dragons.
The links for your mod are not working.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2022, 10:50:06 pm »

The links for your mod are not working.
It has nothing to do with this mod, most mods are hosted on the DF File Depot, which seems to be down for the moment. Try again later.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8