Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New glasses problems  (Read 1686 times)

Tinnucorch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New glasses problems
« on: March 06, 2019, 02:43:30 pm »

So a few days ago I went to check my vision and bought new glasses. This last saturday I picked them up at the optcian's and as soon as I tried them I noticed a few problems: floor looked really, really bloated, I dind't (and still don't) see well at all if not looking right through the center of the lenses, and despite seeing more clear than with my old glasses, I don't think it's clear enough for what it should be for a new pair of lenses (this is most obvious when trying to read something from a distance, otherwise I would think I see perfectly, as far as graduation is concerned). The optcian checked again my vision and said the graduation was not a problem, that I only needed to adapt to the new lenses.

I think he was only partially right. That was, as I said, this saturday; five days later the "bloated" effect is not a problem anymore, but the other two still are, and I also discovered another really, really anoying effect: I see pictures like the next  one (a combat log from df) as if it had relief:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Red lines appear as if they were closer, and the blue ones farther away, with the others in beetween.

The biggest change between lenses was that the old ones were aspheric, while the new ones are double aspheric. The graduation was only a little bit higher (both my myopia and astigmatism had increased a little). The anti-glare was also changed from a normal one to this one that filters light froms screens, but I don't think that this has anything to do with this problems.

Overall, I feel somewhat uncomfortable with this glasses, but the effect I notice with the picture gives me headache straightaway trying to focus the letters. Has anyone experienced something similar? Any ideas or suggestions for when I return to the optician's? I want to find something comfortable without having to try many more lenses...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: New glasses problems
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 11:16:52 pm »

Using your example picture, if I turn my head while looking straight at the pic, red shifts to the left, and blue shifts to the right.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again