Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: will some bugs be fixed in 47.05?  (Read 1376 times)

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
will some bugs be fixed in 47.05?
« on: January 24, 2021, 12:36:32 pm »

with the upcoming release (I heard rumors that it's near) will we have some bugs finally fixed?

I always have the cancel job spam from my clothier/loom/jeweler ws because of those damn bins... I don't want to make a huge stockpile for those cumbersome materials. Bins have a purpose and that bug forbid them to fulfill it

what are other bugs that you hope will be fixed?
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Aelwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: will some bugs be fixed in 47.05?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 12:53:13 pm »

I've heard that Toady hasn't fixed bins yet.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 01:49:20 pm »

I've heard that Toady hasn't fixed bins yet.
::)

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 04:59:55 pm »

Wouldn't it be amazing if bins were fixed? That said, I'm getting used to seeing massive spread out arrays of clothes, or weapons, or gemstones, or blocks, in rooms near the workshops. They sort of look pretty, even if they're not functional. My fort would look very different if bins weren't just something you stack trade goods in if you want them to go straight to the trade depot and nowhere else.

The thing I'm finding frustrating at the moment is the complete lack of mercenaries. Monster slayers and entertainers are happy to join our fortress, but I'm damned if I can attract a single mercenary. Not sure if it's a bug, but ever since the update, haven't had a mercenary join.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 05:16:32 pm »

If you look at the bug tracker you'll find that 3 bug reports were marked as fixed today (zero size creatures causing a crash, were creatures giving birth causing a crash, and a loyalty cascade cause).

He's also engaged in a small discussion in the "raid corruption" bug report, but hasn't found any (new) cause(s) yet.

If you take those bug reports as an indication, the focus is on crashes and fortress threatening bugs. Bin issues, while a serious pain until you learn not to use them except in very specific cases (which isn't their intended [lack of] usage), doesn't reach that level.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2021, 09:27:43 pm »

with the upcoming release (I heard rumors that it's near) will we have some bugs finally fixed?

I always have the cancel job spam from my clothier/loom/jeweler ws because of those damn bins... I don't want to make a huge stockpile for those cumbersome materials. Bins have a purpose and that bug forbid them to fulfill it

what are other bugs that you hope will be fixed?
Toady keeps a devlog right here at Bay12Games. No need for rumours. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/
Yes, the interim release is meant to fix some major bugs and address stress (again).

Looks like "child not present" is being looked at and has been partially fixed. The most important bit hasn't been fixed yet though. Hope that gets done.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 01:23:54 pm »

will be fixed even the issue of dwarves going mad for looking at corpses?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 05:20:21 pm »

will be fixed even the issue of dwarves going mad for looking at corpses?
That's the stress system, yes.
Not that dwarves shouldn't go mad if you stick them in a hole full of corpses, so it's a tricky one to get right.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 06:15:47 pm »

I think its mostly the wearyness about the length of the gap that makes the expectation run high. DF has always been a big rolling ball of bugs due to its compexity and unpredictable structure of effects, which is why the terrain rewrite is on the table pre magic arc (that one is going to hurt) or during magic arc (ouch) to mainly rip out some of the problems from the bottom up as i understood it and give more agency to it.

Id be perfectly satisfied with softer bug fixes and receiving the rest of the intrigue (such as a way to train & apply scheme dungeon master roles) since in my mind, simply murdering more criminals by being able to discover them better might actually be the big thought-dump justice-dealth salvation that is needed through this.

But i guess alternative emphasis may lie on creating a experience where people buying the graphical aren't going to chuff and demand refunds because the gamebreaking bugs put a dampener on the !FUN! not being random generated nonsense or gently player butterfly effect mistake but because it's been percieved to run poorly as per a technical problem.

(((( All things considered, tame megabeasts might be fixed next version, that's a big one knocked off the wishlist so i can properly use those war-trained dragons and rocs in offsite sieges or just about without freaking out if secured down well ))))

towerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Cloven Asunder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 07:30:18 pm »

(((( All things considered, tame megabeasts might be fixed next version, that's a big one knocked off the wishlist so i can properly use those war-trained dragons and rocs in offsite sieges or just about without freaking out if secured down well ))))

I cannot wait for my roc rider fortress! (yes I know militia doesn't ride into combat, much less rocs, but a bit of RP never killed anyone...)

I'm definitely naming my first of such squads "winged hussars" and making them speardwarves.