Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Apex Legends  (Read 2641 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Apex Legends
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 01:41:33 pm »

I've personally been playing almost exclusively Bloodhound, but I really do want to get into other characters. I have a hard time getting a lot of use out of Bloodhound's passive or Q (wallhack) abilities; both seem just a little too low-range to be very useful, and the after-image produced by their Q has blocked my view more than once. The fact it also gives away my own location seems a bit counterproductive. Their ultimate is pretty strong though, the movement speed bonus makes either of the two large shotguns very deadly.

The real reason I haven't bothered with the others is because Pathfinder is the only character I really like the design of. Mirage is alright too, but my friend group has someone who dedicates herself to the character. Lifeline, Caustic, Bangalore, and Wraith all have a bit too much edge to them. Gibraltar is fine but I don't like the playstyle. I sincerely hope we get some variety in the roster.

lifeline of all people is too edgy for you?

Avoiding something because it's edgy is letting the perceptions of imaginary people define your choices
Shoes...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 04:05:31 pm »

I just find all the characters to be really boring and lacking in personality. Imagine all the middling generic action movies set in the near-future; the ones where you can't remember the hero's name, so you just say "(actor)'s character" or "the one played by (actor.)" That's the cast of Apex Legends. The only exception is Pathfinder, but he could just as easily be a background robot in Fallout or Borderlands with virtually no changes.

It's a good game but damn if it doesn't look and sound like every other sci-fi multiplayer shooter in the past 10+ years.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 10:58:01 pm »

I've personally been playing almost exclusively Bloodhound, but I really do want to get into other characters. I have a hard time getting a lot of use out of Bloodhound's passive or Q (wallhack) abilities; both seem just a little too low-range to be very useful, and the after-image produced by their Q has blocked my view more than once. The fact it also gives away my own location seems a bit counterproductive. Their ultimate is pretty strong though, the movement speed bonus makes either of the two large shotguns very deadly.

The real reason I haven't bothered with the others is because Pathfinder is the only character I really like the design of. Mirage is alright too, but my friend group has someone who dedicates herself to the character. Lifeline, Caustic, Bangalore, and Wraith all have a bit too much edge to them. Gibraltar is fine but I don't like the playstyle. I sincerely hope we get some variety in the roster.

Avoiding something because it's edgy is letting the perceptions of imaginary people define your choices

I do think Lifeline is a little edgy in the "I'm a badass" sorta way.

I like to feel attached to who I'm playing's personality. I'm soft and lovey, so the idea of playing an edgelord (or badass!) doesn't sound as fun as playing with someone funny or charming. There's nothing wrong with edge, I just wish that I had more choices :)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:00:01 pm by Rex_Nex »

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2019, 11:44:11 am »

I think they are more cringe worth than anything else. But then im probably twice the age of the intended audience.
I would love to be able to shut off their comments and posing.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 05:11:08 pm »

I do think Lifeline is a little edgy in the "I'm a badass" sorta way.

I like to feel attached to who I'm playing's personality. I'm soft and lovey, so the idea of playing an edgelord (or badass!) doesn't sound as fun as playing with someone funny or charming. There's nothing wrong with edge, I just wish that I had more choices :)

I mean you're playing a game that's explicitly a fierce competition to murder everyone so I don't know what to tell you about those preferences.  I think Mirage is pretty funny and charming, the whole mouth faster than his wit thing is entertaining.  Probably my favorite personality-wise.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 [2]